“Great Location”

Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee
Ranked #3 of 204 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is located on the Promenade de Anglais which is central and easy to find. It also has the advantage of having a stop for the "Hop on, Hop Off Bus" just across the street. Also there are many small but friendly places to eat a short walking distance from the hotel. The hotel itself has beautiful flower arrangements which are changed frequently. The lobby is small but can accommodate a number of people who are waiting for tour drivers or other services. The Concierge was very friendly and helpful, especially with restaurant tips. I especially enjoyed the buffet breakfast with a nice assortment of cheeses, meats and pastries. They also served made to order items. The ocean view in the open air setting was lovely and relaxing. The room was not very memorable and had no view was a little disappointing. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. If you are on a budget or booked this room through an online service you...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Ecommerce M, Marketing Communication Manager at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

We are very pleased to hear that you appreciated our central location, the buffet breakfast and the professionalism of our Concierges. Concerning the breakfast, indeed this is the best way to start a day in our property with an amazing sea view.

We are absolutely sorry to hear about your disappointment concerning the view from your room. These 35-square-metre standard rooms with city view open on a patio, offering a view on the hills depending on the floor.

We sincerely thank you for your recommendation. That will be a pleasure to welcome you back at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée during your future stay on the French Riviera.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel as many in Europe are overpriced compared to USA standard, but disregarding its price, to be fair, the rooms / bathrooms are very clean and spacious compare to the rest, we always got a smile at the front desk, and they went the extra mile to help you, they even provided us in the concierge a copy of the schedule of trains to Monaco. The breakfast is excellent, the waitresses and waiters very attentive. Beds are good. If you decide to stay there, have lunch and dinner some place else for a better value and price. This hotel has a very good location but for someone like us who stay little in the room is better to book somewhere else, Actually the touristic Nice is close to any place you stay walking

Room Tip: the rooms that face the terrace are the better, although no room actually is in front of the sea, th...

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

That was a pleasure to welcome you at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée. We are very pleased to learn that our staff and our Concierges met your expectations and helped you during your stay. Our central location is always appreciated from our guests. You can admire the Mediterranean sea from our hotel, which is located just a few steps away from the old town and the shopping area.

We sincerely thank you for your recommendation, please be assured that we will share your feedback with all of our staff members.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Centrally located on the Promenade de Anglais, the staff were very efficient, allowing us to check in early so we could make the most of our short stay in Nice. The rooms were comfortable and the outdoor/indoor swimming pool warm and inviting. The breakfast was extensive and the price was reasonable too!

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback and review on TripAdvisor.

That was a pleasure to welcome you recently at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, the professionalism of our staff and the central location of our hotel. Indeed, our location on the Promenade des Anglais is perfect to discover the French Riviera from Cannes to Monaco, and Nice as we are located just a few steps away from the old town and the shopping area. Concerning your breakfast, it is always pleasant to start a day with a breakfast with a panoramic sea view.

We will be very pleased to welcome you back at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée during your future stay in Nice and on the French Riviera.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Booked this hotel as treat for husband in remission after extensive treatment. Medical emergency prevented us going. Rang with 6 days notice - not a word of sympathy or thanks for contacting them in midst of crisis. Received blunt and rude treatment simply stating we would be charged in full. Other hotel we had booked offered thanks, sympathy and cancelled without charge despite less notice. Don't care what their policy is, but human respect and a word of kindness costs nothing. If they re-sold the room, and were paid twice I hope this shames them into donating their ill gotten gains to cancer research or sending staff on course to learn some courtesy, they certainly need it. We have stayed here before, but difficult situations reveal the truth of the matter and the truth here is that the culture of this hotel is rude, cold and profiteering. Caveat emptor.

8  Thank 188Disappointed
Ecommerce M, Marketing Communication Manager at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for you review on TripAdvisor following to your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

We are absolutely sorry for the inconvenience you experienced and are very surprised about this situation. Please be assured that this is absolutely not our usual attitude face to a request for cancellation due to a medical emergency.

Regarding the information that you provide us in your feedback, we believe that the reservation was initially made through an intermediary agent at a non-refundable rate. We invite you to contact us following to the private message we sent you on TripAdvisor so that we can do researches.

We look forward to hearing from you very soon,

Reviewed May 27, 2014

After getting robbed on a train in Milan (on my way to Nice), I would have thought that my vacation would have turned from good to bad.

Arriving at 10PM (after a 5 hrs delay because of the incident at the Milan Central Station), I was surprised to find such delightful, compassionate front staff on my arrival. They took the extra effort of having someone at the bar (even when it was already closed), prepare me a hot meal (without having it served up in the room) and enjoy the view of the front of the hotel. Nothing, I mean nothing, compares to service! When you have people that care for you, you know you've found home.

The room was luxurious and more than what I expected! The veranda was huge and the room was comfortable. The only let down was I had hoped that each night, the cleaning lady would turn down the beds, but I am letting that little incident pass by.

The concierge was utmost delightful. I have had my share of concierges but this one takes the icing on the cake! Brice especially was so much help in choosing the right places to dine and he had this wonderful smile that would tell you that he enjoyed what he did and he was more than eager to point to the right direction of making your stay a most pleasurable one.

The good thing about the hotel is that is right in the heart of the city with ample walking distance to almost all the sites and a very short walk to the train station, where you can grab a trip to Cannes, St. Tropez or Monaco.

I really can't thank the staff enough for making my stay in Nice a truly lovely one, after the nightmare in Milan. Hands down, the French have a way of providing you with a glimpse of paradise in the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

First of all, that was a pleasure for our staff to have helped you after the inconvenience you experienced in Milan.

We were very pleased to welcome you at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée and we are also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our central location and the professionalism of our staff, especially our Concierges. They are available 24/7 in order to help you and to give you the best recommendations to discover Nice and the French Riviera.

We sincerely thank you for your recommendation. Please be assured that we will share your feedback with all of our staff members. We hope to welcome you back very soon at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Although old, this hotel has clearly been regularly refurbished and it is really well maintained is in a very accessible location on the Promenade des Anglais (overlooking the sea).
We booked a 'city view' room (as that was all that was available in the period leading-up to the Monaco Grand Prix) and this was our only disappointment - the 'city view' turned out to be a view of a flat (but tiled) rooftop, surrounded by apartment buildings and 'other' hotel room balconies. As a consequence we had a quiet room with a balcony from which we really had 'no view'. On a positive note our room, although a little small, was well equipped and the bathroom had a bath with separate shower cubicle (the toilet was separated from the bathroom).
Breakfast consisted of just about everything/anything one could want and the serving/waiting team (all nationalities) were friendly and efficient - as were all other staff at the hotel.
We would 'highly recommend' this hotel (all aspects) but would also recommend upgrading (if possible) to a room with an improved view!

Room Tip: Opt for a 'room with a view' and not 'city view'

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the professionalism of our staff and the quality of our breakfast. Indeed, on the Promenade des Anglais facing the sea, it is always an exceptional moment to have your breakfast on the terrace with sea view and to start a beautiful day in Nice.

Directly located on the famous Promenade des Anglais offering a beautiful panorama of the Mediterranean Sea, our hotel opened its doors in 2004 and has been partially refurbished in 2011/2012.

Concerning the view from your room, we thank you for your comment and we are absolutely sorry to hear about your disappointment. These 35-square-metre standard rooms with city view open on a patio, offering a view on the hills depending on the floor.

We sincerely thank you for your recommendation. We will be very pleased to welcome you back at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée during your future stay in France and on the French Riviera.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

The Story

Coming back from the Grand Prix I wanted to stop in Nice to see what I could have for dinner. Parked the car in the car park around the corner from your hotel and walked in (not that I'd planned to, but I did). Asked at the Concierge where is there a nice authentic place that I can have a really good meal. I was asked by Eleanor whether I wanted somewhere along the main strip of Nice, I said no. She said "where I am going to suggest isn't on the main road, do you mind?" I said no.

What Happened Next...

Eleanor proceeded to call the restaurant...at that moment, the restaurant, Luc Salsedo, called back and said they had a cancellation. Eleanor asked me what time I would like to go, would now be ok. I said yes. She gave me the directions from your hotel...I was amazed.

Dinner is Served

I had one of the best dinners at a restaurant since I've been on my month long European trip. I had been made redundant from my work in IT, so I decided to take a break and also to do some travelling. This was a highlight in Nice. One that was attained from your Concierge, Eleanor, and may I please ask that you pass on my thanks, again, to her. You see, after having such a great meal, I went back to the Hyatt Regency to thank her; and this is how I got your details from her.

To Conclude...

It's having staff like this that makes the difference between a good experience in a country and a bad one. She gave me a great recommendation and she is a lovely person to begin with. Please let her know this.

Many thanks and will be popping a word on Trip Advisor regarding the same.

Many thanks. Until I am in Nice again...

A bientôt and au revoir!!!

Room Tip: If you're not sure about where to go for a meal, speak to the Concierge here. They were helpful...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jason_Simon

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

We are very pleased to hear that you had a very pleasant stay and that you especially enjoyed the quality of service and the professionalism of our staff. We offer a variety of on-site amenities and our Concierges are always available and delighted to help you. We look forward to sharing your feedback with Elenor, our concierge.

We sincerely thank you for your review. That will be a pleasure to welcome you back at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée during your future stay on the French Riviera.