“Want for nothing here”

Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee
Ranked #3 of 203 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

An absolutely, gloriously beautiful hotel from head to toe, this place is unbelievable, the marvel of Nice's promenade. We had a wonderful stay, excellent staff all around and within easy walking distance to most attractions. Also worth mentioning, excellent bar within the hotel itself if you'd like a cocktail! Check it out!

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank KBeth00
Ecommerce M, Marketing Communication Manager at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your recommendation and review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

We are very pleased to hear that you had an unbelievable stay in our hotel and that you especially enjoyed our quality of service, professional staff and central location, which is absolutely perfect to discover Nice and the French Riviera from Cannes to Monaco. Concerning our Bar, indeed, we invite you to discover the cocktail menu created by our barmen: having a cocktail on our terrace with a panoramic sea view is a pleasant moment.

We will be very pleased to welcome you back at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée during your future stay in France and on the French Riviera,

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Note: My friend and I were staying on a travel trade rate as we're lucky to be entering the industry and had assistance in booking.

Arrival:
Bell service is prompt, welcoming and very friendly. A good start!

Reception was OK... The room was guaranteed and not prepaid; I didn't get a good feeling from the lady at Reception as her demeanour seemed to change slightly when, I think, she realised we were on travel trade rate and not on full rate. I don't know if it was just me, but she wasn't as obliging afterwards.

After we got to our room, she then rang to demand that I come downstairs to pay the room rates in full and that if we spend on anything else after, we will settle at check out. This was after agreeing during check in that I can settle everything at check out (the hotel has my credit card details and double checked it in person). She claimed it is the hotel's policy, but at a 5* property, this feels inappropriate.

Room:
We got a corner room with partial sea view and a balcony. The downside is the room location was quite unattractive - next to the service door by itself. However, the staff is quite as a mouse so this posed no problem. The size is impressive for Europe. The bed is huge and ridiculously comfortable. Clothes hangers are the real thing - with actual hook hangers (very useful when you want to hang clothes elsewhere). There is a full length mirror in the corner of the room, which was very useful.

There are two showers - one in the bath and one in the shower corner itself. Toilet is separate. For two girls, this was heaven sent. There was a good selection of amenities and anything else that was missing, Housekeeping delivered promptly. The room was also spotless.

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding it sad that coffee/tea making facilities are no longer the standard in hotels. It is lovely being able to make a simple cup of tea to start your day and end your night. However, this was sorted when I asked Housekeeping to lend us a kettle and two cups.

Service:
Wifi reception was patchy and terrible in the room. I understand this was a complimentary service, but again, for a 5*, I expected better.

...and my absolute favourite - the service that really made my stay... the Concierge staff was SUPERB, especially Vincent. They were very helpful, super friendly, humourous and always smiling. Nothing was ever too difficult for them. I'm sorry I don't remember the other gentlemen's name, but the two I encountered were fantastic. They seemed to genuinely enjoy their job, which is so refreshing to see. Vincent's recommendation to have dinner at one of his favourite restaurants, and then his efficiency in booking it (and other appointments too for us), was well appreciated.

On par with these gentlemen were, as mentioned earlier in the review, the bell staff, who continuously delivered flawless service that lives up to the 5* experience expectations. They were timely, discreet, genuinely friendly and helpful.

Also, the gentlemen who checked us out was great. He was efficient, friendly and almost the opposite of the lady who checked us in.

Others:
We didn't eat at the hotel as we enjoyed a stroll to the old town, where there are lots of cute little cafes and market stalls (if you don't go too late) that are much better value. We also didn't join the (paid) beach club; right across from the hotel, next to the beach club is a public spot so this wasn't a problem (though it was very dusty there for some reason).

Overall, this was a great experience that started out a bit shaky but was saved by excellent staff members like Vincent and the Concierge and bell service team(s). It is a 5* so the rates can be quite extortionate, so maybe next time, I will see what other properties are like. But with a safe back up in the knowledge that the Hyatt will be reliable and able to deliver an experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ladybugwanderer
Ecommerce M, Marketing Communication Manager at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

That was a pleasure to welcome you and we are very pleased to hear that you had a fantastic experience and that you especially enjoyed the comfort of your spacious partial sea view room and bathroom and the recommendations of our Concierges team and Head Concierge Vincent.

Concerning your arrival and check-in, we are absolutely sorry to hear about your disappointment. Please be assured that we have the same attention for all our guests.

Concerning the payment of your stay, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. For a first stay in our hotel, regarding our hotel’s policy, the payment for the room is requested during the check-in. Please be assured that we share your comment with our Front Office Manager and that we take the necessary measures to improve your 5* experience.

Finally, concerning tea and coffee making facilities in your room, indeed this is not a standard in all our rooms’ categories. Nevertheless, kettles are available on request and our Housekeeping will be very pleased to bring one in your room.

We thank you for your comment and hope to welcome you back at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée during your future stay on the French Riviera.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here from Friday 18 to Monday 21 - Easter weekend. I had paid in advance and it was not cheap. At reception I was informed I had only booked for one person. I have been writing reviews for this site for many years and know what I am doing when booking a room!! Anyway I had paid in advance for the room and reception was pleased to tell me there would be no extra charge for the extra guest.
The room was fine - but did NOT have the private balcony my booking referred to. My husband did not want to complain as we felt a bit subdued after our arrival and its lack of privacy. The bed was comfortable, great pillows, very large bathroom with separate toilet. Facilities were good, lovely dual pool but sauna and steam room on a different floor. We did not eat in the hotel but had a few drinks in the bar, very expensive.
We spent Sunday sightseeing and returned to the hotel around 5 in the evening. We noticed a packet of medication on the dressing table - not ours! I brought it to reception and asked if I could be told how this ended up in our room. When we checked out next morning I asked again. No-one was aware of the incident, housekeeping could not explain it and I asked to be emailed with an explanation. I did receive a nice thank you email from the hotel - a standard email but have not -as yet- received an explanation how a full packet of very specific medication with Russian writing on the packet appeared in our room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank joeleen
Ecommerce M, Marketing Communication Manager at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your review, following to your stay at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée during the Easter weekend.

We are very pleased to hear that you had a beautiful stay in our property and that you especially enjoyed the comfort of your room and bathroom and our indoor-outdoor swimming pool heated all year long. However, we pay all our attention to your comment concerning your room and the private balcony: we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and will ensure that you will always have a room with a private balcony for your next stays.

Concerning the medication found in your room, we made researches to understand what’s happened. As our Guest Relations Managers informed you by email last Thursday, the chambermaid who cleaned your room, a Russian woman, was not working for few days, and that’s the reason why our investigation was a bit long. Indeed, she uses to take some medication during the day, and she unfortunately forgot them in your room. Rest assured that instructions have been given to the Manager concerned in order to take the necessary steps and ensure that such a lack of service does not happen again.

Please kindly accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Rest assured that your comfort and satisfaction are our main preoccupations.

We would like to thank you for your understanding and will be very pleased to welcome you back at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée during your future stay in Nice and on the French Riviera.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just completing a three night stay at the property, and although the weather was less than ideal, there's no better hotel in Njce than this place. From the front desk to the restaurant staff, these folks were great, attending to every need with a cheerful smile. Location wise, it doesn't get any better; right on the water and walkable to every site in town. I've stayed in many luxury hotels around the world, and the service here was as good as it gets. I am a Diamond Hyatt member, but seemed all guests were treated the same.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert G
Socialmediapalais, Marketing Communication Manager at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to welcome you at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée and that is pleasure to hear that you had an amazing stay with us. Indeed, our central location on the Promenade des Anglais is absolutely perfect to discover Nice and the French Riviera.
We pay all our attention to your feedback concerning the quality of service and we really thank you for your recommendation. Your satisfaction and comfort are our main preoccupations.

We hope to welcome you back very soon at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

You can get amazing experiences from this outstanding hotel. There are variety of services in this hotel such as a gym, outdoor/indoor pool, sun bathing chair, spa and a private beach along the coast! The rooms are equipped with big TV, shower, mirrors, comfortable bed of your choice, balcony and more. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Shouheng L

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay in family at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

We are very pleased to hear that you had an amazing experience in our property and that you really enjoyed the professionalism of our staff, all our facilities from our indoor and outdoor swimming pool to our partner private beach on the Promenade des Anglais, and the comfort of your room.

We thank you for your recommendation and will be very pleased to welcome you back at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée during your future stay on the French Riviera.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

A luxury hotel with the essential amenities as it should be...good breakfast, great spa/gym facilities and nice indoor pool. A great asset for Nice. If you can afford the high rates in season...go for it! It just lacks a bit of the charm of small hotels...but still great!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LodonBrazilFrance

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

That was a real pleasure to welcome you in Nice and we are very pleased to hear that you had a beautiful luxurious stay. Indeed, our indoor and outdoor swimming pool is heated all year long and you can take advantage of it during your stay with us.

We thank you for your recommendation and hope to welcome you back very soon at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Yes it is the business. Efficient and totally professional; Superb in that, but it comes at a cost. Don't think that coming here will be a cheap affair. It's a proper global quality hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again, it's a really nice hotel. I wish they had tea and coffee in the rooms and at 240 euro a night(approx) and 28 euro for breakfast PP it's best to go to the pub bar next door where they do a full English for 10.50 euro.
The restaurant on the 3rd floor is lovely I would eat there again it is high quality and well run by great people.
Remember though that this particular restaurant subscribes to La Fourchette and if you book on line to eat you'll get 30% off the A La Carte menu. Well worth it when a steak is 31 euro!

Room Tip: Room 524 is at the back . Not over looking the promenade and was nice and quiet. But it had a rear f...