Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Perfect!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a wonderful week at the Palais de la Mediteranee. We planned on taking the 98 bus from the airport but were rerouted to the 23 due to a one day strike. The stop was a few blocks from the hotel but walking along the Promenade after a long flight was delightful. Our room was a spacious city view room on the eighth floor. The room had a little balcony with a lovely view of the mountains & rooftops of Nice. The bathroom had a tub and separate shower. We spent the week exploring all of Nice on foot from the Old Town to the hills of Cimiez. Perfect city for walking! The concierges, Elenor & Brice, were invaluable in making excellent dinner suggestions & reservations as well as giving precise directions to everything we wanted to see. Day trips to Antibes & St. Paul de Vence were easily done and quite memorable. The weather was ideal...daytime was sunny, 60 degrees...mid 40's at night. The breakfast was delicious & plentiful. The entire staff contributed to a perfect week! The hotel is centrally located as well as being a beautiful icon of Art Deco Nice. We plan on returning to Nice & would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2nyctravelers_ny
Ecommerce M, Marketing Communication Manager at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay in December at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

We are very pleased to learn that you had a perfect stay and that you really enjoyed your room with city view, our breakfast and our central location. Indeed, our location on the Promenade des Anglais, a few steps away from the old town and the shopping area, is perfect to explore Nice and the French Riviera. Concerning our Concierges, we thank you for your recommendation: please be assured that I will share your feedback with Elenor and Brice.

We thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back very soon at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel after attending a conference in Cannes and needing some relaxation! I was on the fifth floor facing the sea, definitely worth the extra euros for the view of cafe, pool and the promenade and sea further out...location is perfect, close to shopping and the walking street with lots of cafés, Massena...bed was comfortable, great pillows for France, bathroom large And luxurious....service was excellent, though once while out near the pool I had tea and a snack but no napkin and no one was around to get me one...definitely don't miss it.

Room Tip: 4,5,6 the floors facing the sea straight on are best, lower and higher are obstructed somewhat.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank newyorkjenjen

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to welcome you at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée, after attending a conference in Cannes. That is a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you especially enjoyed the sea view from your room and its comfort, our central location and the quality of service.

We sincerely thank you for your recommendation and hope to welcome you back very soon at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

Sydney
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights in a suite which was nice but not extravagant. We had a balcony overlooking the courtyard and was the closest room to the front of the hotel on the 7th floor but our view of the water was rather oddly restricted. We had a rather large (dirty) window in the bedroom which looked at the hotel next door and from the balcony we had a limited view of one small section of the beach through a square opening in the building. There was only a shower and no bath or toilet in the bathroom (separate toilet in the hall) and the internet connection was horrendous. For the money I think the hotel was a little underwhelming, I expected a little better. On the plus side the hotel staff were very nice and helpful and the location was great.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor in the middle of the hotel for the best view of the bay
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ecommerce M, Marketing Communication Manager at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay in November at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the attention of our professional employees and our perfect location on the Promenade des Anglais, a few steps away from the old town and the shopping area. We are absolutely sorry to hear about your disappointment concerning your Premium Suites. Located on the 7th and 8th floor, these suites do not have a sea view but a swimming pool and partial sea view.
Regarding the window in your bedroom, please be assured that I share your feedback with our Housekeeping and that we pay all our attention to your comfort and satisfaction. Regarding Internet connection, we thank you for your comment and take the necessary measures.

We hope to keep your confidence and to welcome you back during your future stay on the French Riviera.

Arundel, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was our third stay at the 'Palais' (our first since Hyatt took it over) and it is definately a major treat to stay at this luxurious hotel. The location is superb, directly onto the Promenade and the views from the pool sundeck area are excellent. The front of the hotel retains the impressive Art Deco style, with columns and reliefs in white stone.

We had a superior room, which was a comfortable size, with a balcony (facing to the rear of the hotel). All the furnishings and decor were tasteful, the room was well-equipped, and the bed was large and comfortable. The toilet was in a separate room to the bathroom. The bathroom had a walk-in shower, plus a separate bath, and the fittings were high-quality with good toiletries. There was maid service twice a day. The air-con was effective and quiet.

We enjoyed the indoor/outdoor swimming pool, and it felt very luxurious to swim in a warm open air pool on a winter night. While the gym is next to the pool, the sauna and steam rooms are located three floors further up.

The bar had a good atmosphere, with a singer/pianist to entertain us, comfortable sofas and dark furnishings. The drinks came with a nice selection of nuts and olives that kept being topped-up. The breakfast room had a view onto the sun deck, and there was an extensive selection of fresh, high-quality hot and cold food, and made-to-order omelettes.

The wi-fi was free, although both logging-on and internet were slow.

The 98 bus from outside the airport terminals drops you off right outside for a 6 euro ticket.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

That was a pleasure to welcome you for your third stay at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée and we sincerely thank you for your confidence. We are very pleased to hear that you loved staying in our mythical Art deco property and that you had a memorable stay. That is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your spacious room with city view, the cosy atmosphere of our bar and our indoor and outdoor swimming pool which is heated all year long. Regarding Internet connection, we thank you for your feedback: please be assured that we pay all our attention in improving your 5* experience.

We thank you for your recommendation and hope to welcome you back very soon at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée.

England
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a short break. 1st piece of advice book an airport transfer - airport taxi was a rip off. Arrival at the hotel recovered this though great service. Rooms nice but if I was staying again I would ask for sea view - city view is not really that as you only see hotel and apartment block
One disappointment no coffee machine in room. Would have expected in this standard of hotel. Breakfast - if eating in hotel pay the extra 4/5 euros and have the international one - continental is just bread/pastries coffee and juice. Fruit cereal not included. Full breakfast much better and they will cook you whatever you want omelettes eg
Location is great right on the promenade with easy access to shopping districts old town and entertainment.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay in November.

We were very pleased to welcome you at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée and that is a pleasure to hear that you had a beautiful stay and that you especially enjoyed our central location, the quality of our service and our international buffet breakfast. Concerning the coffee machine, we thank you for your comment: we pay all attention to your feedback to improve your 5* experience.

We thank you for your recommendation and hope we will get the chance to welcome you back during your future stay in Nice and on the French Riviera.

Huntington, New York
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was only at the hotel for one night, unfortunately, before heading off on a cruise aboard Silversea's lovely Silver Cloud, but it was an excellent choice. Most of the staff members were friendly and helpful. My room was not ready when I arrived, and I was dead-tired following an overnight flight with no sleep. At first, Eve at the desk was adamant that I'd have to find something to do with myself for a couple of hours, and when I mentioned the manager, M. Rolf Hochwolder (whose last name I hope I'm spelling correctly), she told me he was in a meeting. However, within a minute he appeared and arranged for me to go to a slightly less grand room while mine was being readied. I fell asleep fully clothed as soon as my head hit the pillow -- which isn't all that surprising since the beds are marvelous, as are the luxurious bathrooms. Within what felt like no time at all, there was a knock at the door: the charming bellman was there to tell me that my room was now ready.
The next morning I went to breakfast, which is included in the room rate, and it was simply the very best hotel breakfast I've ever had, and I had the chance to enjoy many superlative breakfasts at special hotels and resorts with my late husband in years gone by. Breakfast at Le Palais included everything one could imagine -- a variety of delicious juices and fresh fruits, muesli and other cereals, yogurt, a covered silver salver containing pork and chicken sausages, another containing the creamiest, best scrambled eggs I've ever eaten, and another with bacon. I'm sure I'm leaving something out (fried potatoes?), but there were also typical European breakfast cold cuts including very fine ham and hard boiled eggs. Then there were the breads: an unbelievable array. I had a pain au chocolate that was scrumptious. Servers brought coffee.
When I got back to my room I was delightfully surprised to find a kind gift from M. Rolf -- a box containing cylindrical, hollowed-out breadsticks (tuiles?), and three small jars of spreads: one was an artichoke cream, one was a tomato-based bagnetta, and another was a tapenade noire -- I shared them with a French-born friend along with a bottle of red wine after I got home, and they provided a gourmet treat.
The only negative I can think of was the interior design color choice in my room -- just as on the ship -- shades of brown (my least favorite color for interior spaces), but clearly this is trendy right now.
I didn't rate the spa as I lacked the time to enjoy it, but Le Palais, which sits right on the seafront Promenade des Anglais, is magnifique!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ecommerce M, Marketing Communication Manager at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, December 4, 2013

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to welcome you at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée and that is a pleasure to hear that you had a beautiful stay and that you especially enjoyed the quality of our service, your breakfast with sea view and our professional staff.

We sincerely thank you for your recommendation and hope to welcome you back during your future stay on the French Riviera.

London
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great location. Bus along the promenade from the airport drops you right outside. Splendid architecture. Very good food. But the best of all are the friendly and hospitable staff.

Well done to Hyatt for saving such a distinctive building.

If you want to stay somewhere in Nice that is just a little special, this is the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ecommerce M, Marketing Communication Manager at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, December 3, 2013

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to welcome you during your visit on the French Riviera. That is a pleasure to hear that you had a perfect and memorable stay at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée and that you especially enjoyed our central location on the Promenade des Anglais, the Art Deco architecture of our hotel and our very professional and attentive staff.