“A relaxing Weekend in Nizza” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee
Ranked #2 of 204 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Zurich, Switzerland
“A relaxing Weekend in Nizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Very spontaneously I decided to spend a weekend in Nizza and found the Palais de la Mediterranee, which was a very good decision. The hotel is very well located, has great and helpful stuff and a good infrastructure. As of bad weather conditions I couldn't use the pool area, but there is a very cosy bar with afternoon tea! Will come back again on my next stay!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Stan1974
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

We truly thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to hear that you had a real relaxing weekend at the Palais de la Mediterranee and that your really appreciated our location, facilities and service. Indeed, until the end of March, you can taste a delicious afternoon tea in the cosy setting of our lounge bar Le 3e.

We hope to welcome you for your future stay in Nice, the occasion to take advantage of our heated indoor and outdoor swimming pool during your future stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

After visiting Nice for several years and reading the reviews for La Palais de Mediterranee, we just had to try it. And we certainly did get that wow factor. We arrived on 25th February and had an added bonus of the Nice Cranival. Our flight was early so we did expect to leave our luggage and return later, as it was only 11am !! ..... To our delight our room was ready and with a 3yr old child that was heaven. All staff were superb, their customer service skills and pleasantness were a credit to the management. After reading so much of the concierge guy called Brici, I was looking forward to meeting him, unfortunately not..... But we did meet Romain ... he again was excellent with tips and advice for Nice. We had a room overlooking the courtyard which was very palatial our .. These rooms do not have kettle facility but if you require one with young children just pack a travel one...... the simple TV guide card with channels and language, was so easy to save clicking every channel not knowing what they are. Yes the pool was out of action and our daughter was looking forward to it but, hey, Nice has a lot to offer and worth seeing ... we can swim at home!!! The train station had be modernised since our last visit, which is a lot better now and with future improvements it looks to be rather grande. We travelled to Cannes and Monaco both a pleasant train journey for @ €8 each return. We had a taxi on arrival to Nice which cost €32 but our return journey we got the No. 98 bus @ €4 each adult and children free ... so there is a massive difference in the price but both easy to do. This hotel is worth a visit and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Seaview excellent but others still have their qualities.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jetsnap
Dear Guest,

We really thank your for your feedback and recommendation on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to hear that your stay was excellent, especially due to our central location, your large room, our Concierge and our facilities. All of our team members pay attention to your satisfaction, I will share your comments with them.

We hope to welcome you back very soon at the Palais de la Mediterranee.

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel charged my entire stay upon check in we did not (prepay), so when we wanted to leave because of several issues no refund ! Carpet dirty, sink cracked,some nights turndown others not, restaurant service good but food very average, bar service average. More a business hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank belgium33
Var
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We paid a mere €168 for a spacious, pleasant room with a large comfortable bed. Having paid the least we were in no way denied the best that the hotel has on offer. Both the Staff and the facilities of this hotel are first rate. Others have remarked on the situation, the atmosphere, the professionalism, the food etc. and we concur with all the positive remarks you will find in other reviews here.
We get around France quite a bit and, from time to time, find that what is supposedly on offer doesn’t measure up to what we have been led to expect.
Not so with le Palais de la Mediterranee. It is in another league entirely compared with others of its class. Well done to everybody concerned in the running of this hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bienterry
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee and that we completely answered to your expectations, in terms of service and facilities especially.

We really thank you for your recommendation and hope we will get the chance to welcome you for your future stay in Nice.

Bicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great hotel with excellent service and good food. It has a most atmospheric bar with reasonably priced drinks.
The location is excellent and right on the edge of the old town.
On entering the hotel it is a quiet haven away from the hustle and bustle of the street.
The only negative is that we were not warned of the unavailability of the swimming pool as it was being repaired. Otherwise an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DominicSooty
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank your for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee, our service, location and quiet atmosphere. Concerning the swimming pool, we are absolutely sorry to learn that you were not informed about the temporary closure. Indeed, we informed our guests on our website and at the moment of the confirmation of reservation.

We hope to welcome you for your future stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee.

Marbella, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Check in: I arrived at 11:30 from the uk by plane,they clearly know this as I put in my flight details on booking it online. I was told that check in was at 3pm and my room wasn't ready !! I pointed out the email that states "priority check in",she snapped back that means I don't need to que !!
I paid £500 for two nights and for that money I expect a better room than the one I had.
Don't try room service!!! I called at 11:20pm and asked for some food as I'd been in the casino for hours in Monte Carlo (not at the joke one next door!) I was told all I could have was a salad !!!!! A bloody salad from a so called 5* hotel !?!?! She said no fish or meat,so you mean a lettuce leaf and tomato ?? So I went from my room at 11:25 to the front desk and I was clearly told they of course can do me some food,a chicken sandwich !! Ok that will do,o no he couldn't pass that on he said someone will call me straight away,11:45 no call !!! Sorry,I will get someone to call straight away !! Midnight no bloody call so yet again I called,I was promised a straight away which did happen this time,I was told I could have a chicken club sandwich but I declined and just asked for a chicken one,he calls back as this is not possible only a chicken club ??? What a joke !!! 12:21 my sandwich turns up,or should a say the most disgusting food I've seen,a tiny bit of chicken tat looked like it had been ran over with some veg ????
The hotel should be striped of its 5 stars,4 star yes but certainly not 5 !!!
In the lobby I saw a Rolex display,I thought I would treat myself to a new watch so kindly asked the receptionist to give me a price,he pulls out a map and tells me to go the shop ?
Food in general is far far of a lower standard than I expected. At 4pm I felt hungry after a days shopping and only the snack menu was available so I opted for the cheeseburger with fries,I requested my burger was cooked very well and it turned up warm and bloody !!
The only thing I've found good/right about this hotel are the concierges,always attentive when I wanted my car,plus one of them was ringing around on a Sunday trying to find me a Rolex dealer that was open.
To cap:The hotel is too expensive for what you get. The staff are not all "great" some moody grumps! The concierge is spot on (thanks for all your help) The food is basic and sorry to say it but its not good !! Room service is just a joke.
I certainly won't recommend this hotel,un known to the hotel I was on the look out for a nice hotel to send my staff to as we operate staff incentives away,I think I will stick to the Hotel De Paris in Monte Carlo,in fact they have annoyed me so much I wouldn't even book another hotel within the same chain !

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Ilovealpaca
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We really thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee. We are absolutely sorry to learn that we did not answer to your expectations and that you were really disappointed by our service.

Concerning the availability of your room, we did some researches. Your room was available at your arrival in the morning and our Reception gave you your room key 15 minutes after your arrival. There might be a misunderstanding as the check-in is guarantee at 15.00 but if your room is available before, we have the pleasure to proceed to your check-in at your arrival. According to your reservation, your room was a Deluxe one, with a beautiful faced sea view.

Concerning the room service and food, we really thank you for your feedback. We are absolutely sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. The service and the food’s presentation were not corresponding to our standards. We have taken the necessary measures and will pay all our attention so that this incident does not happen anymore.

We renew you our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences and hope to welcome you for your future stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was cold outside, and I was in a medical conference so I thought it wise to get a good hotel for Wife and kid so they can walk around and enjoy themselves, as this hotel has an excellent location close to every thing and most rooms have partial sea-view in the terraces.
Overall great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We really thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Palais de le Mediterranee. That was a real pleasure to welcome you. We thank you for your recommendation and hope we will get the chance to welcome you for your future stay in Nice.