Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Le Meridien Nice(Nice)
3,220 results
All reviewssea viewconcierge staffold townbeautiful hotelsteam roomperfect locationseparate toiletmediterranean seanice balconythird floorhotel restaurantluxury hotelprivate beachbuffet breakfastfrench rivierasouth of francemini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here during the Fete Du Citron in Menton and Nice Carnival and the hotel was just brilliant in its location and its amenities. The staff was first class and the view was amazing (stayed on the city side). The room itself is very, very comfortable, neat and pretty big (Executive room) compared to a normal rooms in Europe and especially French hotels. The only complaint was that the pool that opened on the first day that we reached took 2 days to warm up for use which meant, we could not use it. But that aside, highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee on the occasion of the Carnival of Nice.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. Concerning the reopening of our swimming pool on March 1st, indeed, we are absolutely sorry but the increase in the temperature took time due to its large size.

We thank you for your high recommendation and hope to welcome you for your future stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee, so that you can really take advantage of our heated indoor and outdoor swimming pool.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

It's like finding that your lover is cheating on you. On the surface nothing has changed but the trust is gone. I feel betrayed after waxing lyrical and previous rave reviews of this hotel.

The trouble started when we booked in on the 24 Feb for an eight day stay and were told that the pool was closed for annual cleaning and wouldn't reopen until 14.00 on the 1st Mar. I was very upset and disappointed but didn't want to make too much of it as the stay was my husband's birthday gift to me and I didn't want to spoil it. However, for me, the pool is one of the main attractions of this hotel. I was told that there was an arrangement to use the pool at the Goldstar two blocks away. I did try this but it was not a good experience because: 1) No changing facilities - I had to use the toilet; 2) No robes - although the hotel provided a towel; 3) A far smaller and vastly inferior pool; and 4) The inconvenience of not bring able to return to my room to shower and change.

This sorry state of affairs was made worse by the management's response to my attempt at a discreet complaint. I approached the front desk whilst my husband was having a lie-down and asked to speak to the duty manager. I was told they were in a meeting but could I say what the problem was. I explained that I was not happy that we hadn't been informed in advance that the pool would not be available for most of our stay and that I didn't want to make a big fuss as I didn't want to upset my husband but we should have been warned about it. The receptionist said it was "the agent's fault" as all agencies had been told.

I went out but on my return an hour later my husband said he'd had a call (which had woken him up) from the duty manager asking if everything was okay with our stay. Not knowing that I'd made an informal complaint he said no, he was unhappy that we hadn't been informed in advance about the lack of the pool. The duty manager offered us a cocktail in the bar. My husband said that I didn't drink alcohol so she said she would send us up something. This comprised of three small canapés and two bottles of fruit juice; as small a gesture as one could get. In honesty, I would have preferred nothing.

As it stands, the pool was filled yesterday but given how large it is, that at least half of it is outdoors and the ambient temperature is at best 13 degrees, it is still very cold. Too cold to swim comfortably. So in effect, no pool for the whole of our stay. Yes, the place is still nice, the bed comfortable, the bathroom palatial and clean (except our hand basin is cracked), the balcony pleasant and fun, the breakfast staff smiling, obliging and friendly. Unfortunately the unavailability of a major facility and the management response to our complaint isn't acceptable. Hence the low scores I'm giving for service and value. The honeymoon is over and I'm very sad.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank EmemBath
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We are absolutely sorry to hear that you were really disappointed by the closure of our swimming pool as you were not informed by your Travel Agent. Indeed, we informed your Travel Agent on December, 22nd 2012, when the decision of the closure of the swimming pool for renovation was taken. We understand your dissatisfaction as our swimming pool is one essential facility at the Palais de la Mediterranee. Our Duty Manager paid attention to your disappointment and offer you in compensation the service of Champagne or fruit juices with canapes.

Finally, concerning the reopening of our swimming pool on March 1st, indeed the increase in the temperature take time: on Saturday afternoon, the temperature was 20°C.

We renew you our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences. We hope to keep your confidence and to welcome you for your future stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is really fantastic ,room was full-functional,bad and bathroom very good,and the stay was overall quite pleasant ,is location is in the centre of Prom.,staff polite and friendly,the best breakfast in Nice,I'm sure really!i will back again and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Natalia M
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review and recommendation on TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to welcome you and that is a real pleasure to hear that your stay was excellent and that you appreciated our central location, amenities and breakfast.

We hope we will get the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Many thanks and best regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hotel has a splendid location on the Promenade d'Anglais. We stayed in the room facing the sea.The sea view's bit obscured by the monumental colonnade of this elegant Art Deco building, but it didn't bother as the view from the balcony on the swimming pool and the promenade is still good. The room is comfortable and neat, freshly renovated, very good bedding, perfect bathroom with full amenities. Friendly, pleasant and very efficient staff. Immaculate service. The breakfast room is rather small so had to wait both days for a table to be vacated. However, both times attentive maitre d'hotel made this process as swift as possible. Food selection is perfect. There's an extra space to sit down outside although one has to walk back and forth to the buffet in that case. I would highly recommend this hotel due to the atmosphere, service and amenities. A lovely inner courtyard with the pool and sunbeds surely is a magnet during the summer time as it is quite enjoyable even in January. Great stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a sea view room which I would recommend because of a decent size of the room and a balcony with a (partial) sea view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zhenia C

Dear Guest,

We really thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee and more especially our perfect location on the Promenade des Anglais, our beautiful rooms and amenities.

We will be very pleased to welcome you back for your future stay in Nice and trully thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My first aim is informing the hotel management! You have a unique concierge guy. He is very successful,polite and number one:) His name is Brici!
Dear management if you didn't realize this guy, you should and do something good for him.

This part is for the readers, hotel is top class, we were upgraded from premium suite to sea view suite. The room was perfect, clean and has a balcony

The only bad thing about this hotel was the restaurant in the evening, actually the waiters works at that hours , They didn't listen us too much or didn't care and put an overcooked meat to the table more than 2...

We will definitely visit again...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank beliveornot
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

We trully thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and recommendation.

It was a real pleasure to welcome you and we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee. I will share your feedback with our Concierge Brice.

Concerning our restaurant, we are absolutely sorry to learn that we did not answer to your expectations. I will adress your concerns to our Restaurant management and will pay attention so that this does not happen anymore.

We hope to welcome you back for your future stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee.