All reviews train station quadruple room minute walk old town gare nice ville monte carlo shower room night stay shopping area avenue jean location is great budget hotel booked this hotel four nights belgique monaco french
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Trocadero had a great location- walking distance to train station, waterfront and Old Town. Staff will reserve a taxi to airport for a one euro reservation fee and are mostly helpful. Clean rooms with optional safe deposit box. Great price for average accommodations.

1  Thank MsTraveIAlexander
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We like staying at this hotel.
The plus :
- very clean room and the bathroom even looks shiny. The towels were clean and i was very sure that they are washed. So, its weird to read the other commentator here had problems with the towels.
- easy to reach with airport bus
- strategic location : 3 mins walk to bus stop and train station, 10 mins walk to the central/tram stops, 20 mins walk to the old city of Nice.
- there are some restaurants near by although they are not french restaurants.
- 24 hours reception

The only minus is the double bed is too small for both of us.
But still we surely will come back to Trocadero if we're back to Nice again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank asa343
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is an easy walk from the railway station, rooms were both clean (we had two different styles of room). The reception was helpful and even remembered that we needed towels for our room after the rooms had been cleaned. I have rated this hotel average for two reasons, 1# location is poor if you are wanting to wonder along the promenade and be close to the water as it is a 15 minute walk and secondly because at night as with other reviews our room was extemely noisy with young people gathering on the street below the hotel and partying. They were racing their car, playing loud music and yelling. The second room at the side of the hotel did not get the noise. If you are after a clean hotel close to the railway station then this is for you. I also agree that coffee facilities in the room would be good. Also unsure of why keys need to be left at reception however this wasn't a bother as it was always manned.

1  Thank Peanutyellow
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I only stayed 1 night but I found this to be good hotel. The shower worked well and the room was very clean. Breakfast was excellent with extra croissants and lashings of good coffee. The staff were very pleasant and although check out time was 11am, they allowed me to leave my luggage till late afternoon so I could explore some more of Nice.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the least favorite of mine as far as lodging. My friend and I were on a two week trip of Europe (London, Paris, Nice, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid) in that order.

Things i did not like at all about this hotel:

1. The towels looked so gross. They were raggedy looking and honestly i dont think they could be washed thirty times to look clean or even remotely brand new. They need to buy new towels! Also the bedspread looked just as bad. Add that to your shopping list too.

2. They make you leave your room key at the front desk with whoever is working at the time (I know I saw at least three different people working) whenever you plan on leaving the building. That didn't feel right. I mean I know people can still go in regardless, but psychologically i didn't feel sound. On top of that, when we came back in to claim the card, we just told them our room number and they gave it back to us no hesitation. I really wished they would've asked for ID or something. Because on one occasion we walked out and left the key, and when we returned, there was someone else there who we had never seen before that we had to get the key from. Just weird.

3. One time we returned to our hotel room and the guy working the front desk was on the phone. You would think he would try and wrap up the call or at least cover the phone and ask us what our room number was. It's pretty quick (since they just give you your room key) so we stood there and waited....and waited...and finally I just sat down on a sofa and then my friend joined me. The guy just kept talking on the phone. It was incredible. Finally, my friend goes up to him after he helped a couple that came in, and asked him for our room key. It was extremely annoying. We just wanted to get up to the room.

Positives: it was a few minutes away from the train station and pretty close to everything we wanted to be near.

All in all, I should've researched this one a little better

• Trip type: Traveled with friends