All reviewstrain stationquadruple roomhotel facilitiesminute walkold towngare nice villeshower roomrooms are cleanthe main shopping streetnight stayavenue jeanlocation is greatshopping areabudget hotelfour nightsfrench rivierabelgique
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the least favorite of mine as far as lodging. My friend and I were on a two week trip of Europe (London, Paris, Nice, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid) in that order.

Things i did not like at all about this hotel:

1. The towels looked so gross. They were raggedy looking and honestly i dont think they could be washed thirty times to look clean or even remotely brand new. They need to buy new towels! Also the bedspread looked just as bad. Add that to your shopping list too.

2. They make you leave your room key at the front desk with whoever is working at the time (I know I saw at least three different people working) whenever you plan on leaving the building. That didn't feel right. I mean I know people can still go in regardless, but psychologically i didn't feel sound. On top of that, when we came back in to claim the card, we just told them our room number and they gave it back to us no hesitation. I really wished they would've asked for ID or something. Because on one occasion we walked out and left the key, and when we returned, there was someone else there who we had never seen before that we had to get the key from. Just weird.

3. One time we returned to our hotel room and the guy working the front desk was on the phone. You would think he would try and wrap up the call or at least cover the phone and ask us what our room number was. It's pretty quick (since they just give you your room key) so we stood there and waited....and waited...and finally I just sat down on a sofa and then my friend joined me. The guy just kept talking on the phone. It was incredible. Finally, my friend goes up to him after he helped a couple that came in, and asked him for our room key. It was extremely annoying. We just wanted to get up to the room.

Positives: it was a few minutes away from the train station and pretty close to everything we wanted to be near.

All in all, I should've researched this one a little better

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Juanita A
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed with friends here for 4 nights early May. The hotel is located close to Nice Railway Station and a good 10 minute walk to the front and old town. The staff are helpful and friendly, rooms are clean. Ideal base for visiting the area and value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 79Joe
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We spent 6 nights here at the end of April, into May and found this hotel, reasonably good value.
The hotel was clean, staff helpful, adequate breakfast room, but double ensuite bedroom was small, which, although a little disappointing, did not cause any problem, as we were only sleeping there.
Due to its location, there was quite a lot of noise from outside during the night, but the double glazed, balcony doors, dealt with this.
As we intended to use the railway during our stay, this worked well, as the station was only a few minutes away, also worth mentioning, the airport bus, dropped and collected, from the station, another plus.
The sea front was about a 15min walk from the hotel, which gave you the opportunity to check out the many bars and restaurants, on route.
All in all, the hotel was good value at £50 per night and gave us all we wanted, would I stay there again? most definitely, this is a reasonable, no frills, hotel.

Room Tip: some rooms are bigger and better than others, ask questions rooms at the end of corridors, should have less "transit" noise
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We spent 3 days in Nice and we loved the area. We rented a scooter and we saw Monaco, Monte Carlo, St Paul and Vence and we loved all these places.
Hotel cons:
- short beds (I am 191cm tall and my legs were hanging outside the bed)
- small room and tiniest bathroom ever
- no wardrobe
- thin walls, thin doors can hear people,
- old windows, can hear if someone is talking outside the hotel ok

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel has a lot going for it: good staff, easy to locate, clean and well-priced. I stayed here with a group of friends while in transit via Nice Airport - the hotel is about 10 minute drive from the airport, and just 2 blocks from the train station (from which there are buses to the airport). The place served all our needs, and while the hallway smelled of cigarette smoke, the rooms did not. The hotel has many shops and cafes nearby, and it's about 15 minute walk from the promenade and the old city. The neighborhood is quiet at night. I would definitely stay here again (and I tried, but alas, they were fully booked).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends