All reviews train station quadruple room hotel facilities minute walk old town gare nice ville shower room rooms are clean the main shopping street night stay avenue jean location is great shopping area budget hotel four nights french riviera belgique
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the beginning of February. The hotel is very well located, extremely close to the train station which suited us as we are eurail pass holders. Our room was the Attic room with great views over Nie

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor - the views are superb!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ambiepants
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have returned to the Trocadero!

I first came here for a one night stop over in Nice. I wanted a place that was affordable and close to the train station. What I got was a whole lot more.

The staff here are very pleasant. The young men on the front counter were always happy to help and spoke excellent English. I was in Nice on my way to another town to learn French and they were happy to let me practise with them and even corrected some of the grammar mistakes I was making. It was a very thoughful touch.

The hotel room is small but not tiny. It was just big enough for me travelling on my own. The first time I stayed here I was on the first floor which had much better wifi but it was a little bit noisy with noise from the street travelling into the room. This time around I stayed on the third floor which is perfectly quiet. The wifi still works up here but the signal isn't as strong.

The hotel is easily reached by the train station which is across the road or by public transport. The main shopping street is about 2mins away and is serviced by regular trams.

I would highly recommend this hotel. Great location, excellent price, happy staff. It is brilliant!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kiandora
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Really nice, modern place to stay in Nice. Close to main road and train station, short walk to beach front.

Nice balcony and bed. The only downside was the streets surrounding Trocadero seemed a bit dodgy, but a short walk out and it was fine. Would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

hotel is stylish and comfortable. very close to the train station which made it convenient. breakfast was plentiful as well. would definitely recommend.
the only thing i did not like about the hotel is the wifi was pretty spotty from the computer lab itself and i dont think it even works in the rooms. if they sort this out, then this hotel is all you could want

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Retrorich
Reviewed December 2, 2012

If you want to do the twist in the shower and the tango in the bedroom then this hotels not for you, however, it was a lovely cheap place, shower room and bedroom were clean and comfortable although not huge. Staff were lovely and extremely helpful, very near train station and tram stop. although while we were there during the week there was very little noise, might be a bit more nisy at wknds, all in all a nice cheap hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple