All reviewstrain stationquadruple roomhotel facilitiesminute walkold towngare nice villeshower roomrooms are cleanthe main shopping streetnight stayavenue jeanlocation is greatshopping areabudget hotelfour nightsfrench rivierabelgique
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I needed a hotel last minute in Nice. I was arriving late in the evening and getting a train to Monaco the following day. This hotel is located a few minutes walk from the train station and was ideal. My room was not that big but fine for one nights stay. The bed was comfortable. There was a little desk indented in the wall with a TV though I didn’t use it. The curtains blocked out light. The bathroom seemed new as though recently decorated. There was a powerful shower and soft towels. I enjoyed my stay here and would use this hotel again. I paid £67 for one night in a single room through Booking.com. It was a bit pricey but I could not find any other hotels so close to the train station with glowing reviews for this price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Muldr4Scly
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my friends at the end of Nov 2011 visiting French riviera (Nice, Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez, Monte Carlo). Free wi-fi, good location near the shopping area and the beach, very helpful staff at all times, comfortable beds, clean & comfortable bathroom & towels provided, TV set & air-con were functional. I will definitely come back again with my family & friends. Roni at the reception desk was very helpful when we forgot the watch at check out and he was friendly enough to find the watch and send it back to us.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Fatos K
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We had to laugh when we walked in... It was an extremely simple room and the floor sloped from the walls toward the middle of the room, and while the bed looked rock solid, it actually was comfortable.

After our initial shock of the simplicity, we found the room adequate for our two night stay. We probably would have stayed somewhere a little nicer if we had stayed in Nice longer. The room and bathroom were clean, which is the most important thing! And the room had airconditioning... another plus. But the blankets on the bed were a little worn, the carpet a little stained... overall, the room was an eye sore.

The location of the hotel is good, while the actual street it's on seems a little run down or dodgy, it's perfectly safe to walk around at night time and it's a 2 minute walk to the main street and a 15 minute walk to the beach.

The breakfast was really good quality and the service was good.

I would only recommend this hotel to travellers on a budget and for a short stay because it is a little run down.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nmathewson
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Ideally situated to get around Nice although not in the best area for a women travelling alone, there seem to be a lot of undesirables hanging around the streets at night. The hotel was what you would expect from a 2 star but was very clean and functional. All the staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank catlover34
Reviewed October 8, 2011

The only hotel out of the 18 we stayed in to not let us check in earlier (even by TEN minutes). Had to wait EXACTLY till 2pm. Bedspreads stained, cigarette butts left in window balcony. Advertises aircon but when we asked for the control were told by a staff member (same check-in one) that she would not hand out till night time and even then we shouldn't need because the nights were cool! Once she had finished her shift dealt with a gentleman who gladly handed over the controls although did state that there would be a 40€ charge for any damage to it. Close, walking distance to the train station and very close to the main shopping strip. The area is a bit seedy. The only hotel we were asked to finalize our account the night before we checked out.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family