Hotel Paradis
$289
$265
$218
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This place is the worst hostel/"hotel" I have ever stayed at in my entire life. First of all, no taxis would take us from the train station to the hotel, so I had to call the front desk to get directions from the tram (website makes no mention of traveling via tram and many have told me the walk to the hostel is through a bad neighborhood).. Anyway, guy working there was extremely unhelpful and wasn't able to give me proper directions to get there..

We finally made it there, and told we were "upgrades" to 3-bed room... Great, right? No! We were put in the attic room on the fifth floor. I'm only 5'5 and still managed to bump my head on the ceiling twice. The "lift", if you could even call it that is only big enough to fit one person and extremely old. I didn't wanna risk getting stuck in it, so I hauled all my luggage up 5 flights of VERY narrow, winding stairs with a rope for a railing. I had to literally concentrate on my footing to make sure I didn't topple over 5 flights to my untimely death.

Room was disgusting, carpet and bedding/sheets are stained with god only knows what. It rained that night, and water was leaking through the roof in the hallway!! Bathroom was old and gross, didn't have the courage to step foot inside of it.

Complained the next morning upon checkout and the girl at the counter seemed to have every excuse in the world for our very valid complaints. All in all, we spent 10 hours there and had to pay 80 euros between the two of us.

Do NOT ever stay at this place; you will be utterly disgusted and wish you never came to nice. We are now at their "sister hostel" and much happier. This hostel shouldn't even associate themselves with Paradis, as they are completely night and day.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank warmerhearts
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I wouldn't recommend this hostel/kennel even if you paid me a million dollars. The website pictures are completely different to the rooms that we got - they were tiny and extremely hot and uncomfortable. We found bed bugs in the bed and blood marks smeared over the sheets.

The staff were rude and disrespectful when we brought this up with them and they have refused to give us a refund (even when we showed them photos of the bed bugs!!!)

Whatever you do DO NOT STAY AT THIS DUMP!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AshWatson111
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed on the top floor which is the fifth floor and the lift only goes to the third floor so you have to lug your bags up to the top. When we walked into the room, you have to bend over as I think the room was designed for midgets. The room was dusty and we did book a 6 bed private room and they stuffed our booking up and spilt us up into 2 different rooms and this made it hard as we were three couples. We only stayed there 1 night and our friends stayed 2. When we left after the first night as we were at the airport we started to itch and realised a few bites on my arm. Didnt think much of it at the time but when we reached paris we were covered in bites probably over 100 bites on each of us and we figured out that it had to be bed bugs. We then remembered seeing a few small stains on the sheets and when we rang our friends who were still there they checked the sheets and they could actually see the little critters and the stains were blood stains from squashed bugs. It is a week later now and we are still covered in the bites and they are the most itchiest things i have ever experienced. We asked for our money back but the hotel didnt care and would not give us anything. Do not stay here as you dont want to ruin your holiday with bed bugs and look diseased.

Room Tip: If you stay here, do not stay on fifth level.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jordan V
Reviewed July 19, 2012

DO NOT EVER ACCEPT THE TOP FLOOR ROOM IN THIS DUMP!! For a relatively expensive hostel this room is a joke. It is advertised as a "three bed dorm" but is nothing more than the hotels worst twin available with an extremely uncomfortable fold up trundle bed thrown in the corner. Despite the air conditioning the room was oppressively hot all night, we had to leave the door to the corridor open just to get some relief.

Wifi didn't work, at least in this room and due to the attic location of the room, the sloping roof meant there was less than 3 feet of headroom at one end of the room and not much more throughout the rest. The only good thing about our experience here is I now appreciate being able to stand up straight in a room. I took it for granted before staying at Paradis.

After all this we checked out a night early, without so much as an apology.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Benkinator
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had a group of 8 of us stay here for a weekend. We had 3 rooms between us, two triple rooms and one double room. The hotel is so easy to find, the bus from the airport stops about 50metres away. It is on a beautiful pedestrianised street next to the infamous Louis Vuitton Store. The location is perfect for exploring central Nice and is a 2 minute walk to the beach promenade and an minute stroll to the city centre, restaurants and nightlife. The hotel has a spiral staircase which leads up to each of the floors, there is also an old fashioned lift available. The rooms were comfortable and provided with a fridge, tv and nice big openable windows. The bathroom had a shower and towels were provided. The rooms had enough space for us. Probably the best bit about staying here is the breakfast that is brought to your room every morning at the requested time you wish, which consists of fresh croissants, bread and organge juice. I couldnt fault our experience here, the staff were lovely too and would help you out with directions, take photos for you etc. It is a budget hotel, and if your travelling on a budget, its perfect. Wouldnt hesitate to book again.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony one overlooking the street
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends