Spity Hotel Nice
$1,046
$311
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $346/night.

$499
$1,227
$978
Cancelon
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel was disappointing. The room was TINY, I did not like the bathroom be in the middle of the room. It felt like being in prison. I expected some more extravagant design, not that kind of depressing pseudo-design. It is way overpriced, I would not stay there again. The guests at the hotel belong mostly to one of the following: pseudo-hipsters or confused people who didn't do enough research before booking this hotel. I would say it was worth the experience, so at least I have something to tell my grandchildren about, but I would never stay there again. Overpriced and depressing, nothing more than a youth hostel.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Three_Swords
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is not for everyone as it is surely designed for a niche Market.We were given a room with the shower a metre off the floor with split steps to access. The toilet was similar with no handrail or door which I found quite scary to use . We were given another room with an indoor terrace ie a row of indoor plants but the amenities were on floor level.storage space was minimal and all the electrics were controlled by handsets which were finicky to use. The breakfast was healthy....yoghurts , bio drinks, fruit, cheese and a selection of good bread and drinks. The cutlery was made of strange tasting wood. There is a roof terrace with a small pool and a spa with a masseur. It is in a convenient location and the staff are nice. Only go if you like a challenge and quirkiness!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A group of us stayed at the Hi-Hotel over the summer for a wedding in the area. We chose this hotel for the rooftop pool and the private beach. Overall i think we were all quite disappointed given this is an expensive hotel and comparing it to other hotels across the world which were far far better for the price.

We stayed in a range of rooms from the cheapest double to the most expensive penthouse (400+ euro per night WITHOUT breakfast!) and all were well designed but lacked any kind of storage space for clothes, and were honestly rather impractical.

Certainly not for couples who don't know each other well, we stayed in a room where you could see your partner going to the toilet in a glass cubicle and it ventilated into the room! In fact one of our party requested specifically not to have this room when booking but was still placed in this type.

Rooftop pool was ok, despite pictures small though, could only fit 4-6 people sitting in it and very exposed to the sun due to lack of any shade.

Breakfast was good, not sure about the eco credentials of completely disposable cutlery (they should do a life cycle analysis on this).

Beach was good in fact, but given you can go there if you don't stay at the hotel, you're better off staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Do not choose the rooms with the poobicles.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cholland
Reviewed October 12, 2012

On arrival the look was very dull and gloomy and looked very cheap for a 4 star hotel.The hotel staff were not useful and did not explain any of the room facilities. We were told by Aurelie who checked us in, we have been charged for an additional 2 nights on arrival because of an issue with the booking. On checking in we were given a room with an open toilet with no door. A bedroom is supposed to be hygienic to be able to sleep in to say the least regardless of how trendy it is. We asked to change our room and the second room had a bathtub in the centre. The entire room was flooding when we tried to switch it on as water started to pour out from everywhere even though we used 1 switch. The TV (or projector rather) was very complicated and we were not able to use it. When I tried to call the reception the phone lines did not work.Finally when we went downstairs to ask for towels and about food, we were told no food was served after 10 pm. There was only 1 member of staff at reception working in the entire hotel at this time.This did not make us feel safe at all,especially with our room being on the 1st floor and not having proper curtains we could hear and see everyone on the streets all night wondering what could happen if someone broke in especially with just 1 person at reception and with Nice not being the safest of places. The restaurant table had a worm crawling on it which had just come out a fruit basket that had obviously been kept there for sometime, when we went to order some drinks and the hotel was filled with mosquitos. The overall look of the room had a hospital feel, extremely gloomy.After the first night when housekeeping was done, they had kept the same towels and had not changed them. Also, there were no tables or chairs if you wanted to have a meal in the room. The smell in the corridors were of urine. On checkout we were promised to meet the management as we had made an appointment. To our surprise the manager did not show up.Therefore both the issue of our stay and the fact that we were charged unfairly for an extra period of 2 nights was not addressed as we had to catch a plane. On asking the staff member why this was the case politely, we were told "Excuse me please do not complain I have been working here all night and I am very tired" I am appauled by this kind of attitude and have travelled across the world and stayed at different accommodations from 3 to 5 star hotels and apartments and have never ever had someone speak to me like this. Personally I think the hotel should be closed down and it should not be listen by a website like booking.com as a reliable hotel. I have to this date not even received a communication from the hotel or apology despite all those problems. Also during this vacation I have stayed at a total of 6 hotels in Europe, out of which 4 were in France and this hotel would not ever compare to the others and is not at the same standard. It is far from a 4 star rating.

Room Tip: Dont book this hotel. The only good thing about it is the location.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank SheidaIbrahim
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I booked this hotel through Tablet Hotels, and remember seeing the interior of the space in a Hotel Design book I own. I was expecting the place to look very polished and clean like the photos, but was a bit disappointed upon arrival. The check in desk was very small, low lighting, and cheap looking curtains partitioned the area off. I saw the dining space, which was VERY different then the images I saw in the Hotel Design books. It looked like it was neglected and not taken care of. The room we had was the Monolith room, which was very large and spacious. However the shower and the toilet, had semi transparent glass, so there was no sense of privacy. You could also hear every conversation coming from the halls. The roof top was nice, but the pool was small. They had DVD covers in the main lobby, so I think you are able to rent out movies for your room? We also received fresh juice upon arrival, which was nice after the long train ride from Paris! I did like the location since it was off from the touristy area, and close to the train station. Overall good experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple