“DONT Stay !!!!!”
Review of Nice Art Hotel

Nice Art Hotel
Ranked #47 of 61 Specialty Lodging in Nice
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Please i beg you if you even thinking about staying here, don't !! its bad
i looked just like you and thought seems nice, until i got there, location wise, not over great but ok near shops more than central to everything. meant to be in a room of 4 with ensuit, got a room of 2 (not complaining) but no shower or toilet. wifi didn't work so that was really hard to keep in touch with family and book next places... Much much better places for same or cheaper out there !!
NO KITCHEN TO COOk
NO LOUNGE/ COMMON AREA. JUST NOTHING

Just think its just another bad review there has to be a reason.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Daniel S
There are newer reviews for Nice Art Hotel

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very close to train station and walking distance to beach and shops but that is as good as it gets! We had to check in at best western which was a little odd as no reception at Nice Art Hotel and was only 5 oclock in the afternoon. The room is basic and not a proper toilet door, lucky no one else was sharing that night! Two of us went into a shared room of four, it would have been awful if those beds were taken as such a small space for storage and literally 1 plug between four!! which is awful, and its only at one of the top bunk beds! Shower room is 1 between everyone in the hostel i am guessing, not good if there was a que! We got bitten so much that evening and slept awfully, lucky just the one night stop off! Cheapest place we could find in Nice but wouldn't recommend if you have more money to spend for a decent night!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elle M
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have to admit this is not the most expensive or most horrible hostel, but it's definitely not the best either.

It is bit overpriced for what you got-30 euros for a very tiny room crammed with 2 bunk beds,you can hardly move inside.
Shower and toilets are shared within the same floor but the conditions are bit poor.
The only pros are perhaps 1.the location-very close to the central station,so you don't have to worry about missing the train
2. there's air conditioner inside,so in summer it's endurable.

The bottom line is,it is a okay hostel to stay for a few nights,but the price is bit too high for what you get from them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Radical Z
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked a double bed room back in May when I planned my trip to Nice for August 2013. I looked for a cheep hotel, I am usually fine with a bed where to sleep. Rest of the day I walk arround. So I found this one. I paid 38eu/night for 7 nights for a double bed room with own bathroom. When I arrived I liked what I saw inside: white walls with red decorations and quite clean. The girl at the reception was very nice and cute. She spoke many languages so I had no problem to comunicate (I don't speek french). I did the booking on their own site. Surprising and weird was the pay at arrival. We received the key to the room. The main hotel entrance has an electronic lock with a 4 digit code. I had to ask how to get in, receptionist did not mention anything about this. The reception is open between 7 AM and 7 PM. Outside this interval you must go to Best Western Hotel at the next corner. I have been informed about this, also after 7 PM this is written on the main entrance door. I received room nr. 6, which, I belive, is the room that appears on their advertisments and website. The room is located on the 1st floor, one window to the street, the other to a smaller street arround the corner, looks rather like an alley.Under the windows was the terrace of an indian restaurant. As the hotel is located in a poorer section of Nice, lots of people are on the street at night and it gets very loud. I had some difficulties sleeping because of the noise. Very early in the morning the trash is picked up, or people on the street are very loud. Bottom line: not a place to relax. There was airconditioning in the room. While I was out (that's between 10 AM and ~12 AM) I left it on. Over the night I sleep with open windows, so noise problems). The room had its own bathroom: shower, sink, toilet. The toilet was placed in a VERY norrow corner. A fat person would have difficulties using it. The flushing: VERY BAD. Had to flush several times, but because cold water pressure was VERY low, had to wait between flushes. In the sind and shower very very poor cold water pressure. If you shower, and someone in the bulding would flush the toilet or turn on the cold water you would get burned. The door to the bathroom is a sliding plastic door like that of a closet. There were 3 towels: 2 for each person and a "floor" towel. Lots of toiletpaper and the shower had curtains. Overall the bathroom was ok. Reasonably clean.In the bathroom as well as in the room there is hone on the floor, which is good as it keeps the room temperature low. It was nice to walk arround barefoot. Room was equipped with 2 beds each with a small bedside. One chair and a plastic lounge chair. A medium size metal cabinet with 2 compartments lockable with a separate key and a closet. There was also a TV. Internet is available via Wi-Fi. It is free, but very limited in protocols (IM clients, ftp did not work), password protected but passwords can be received at the reception, and the signal was very low in my room. The walls were very dirty, they're supposed to be white but were yellow-ish and with many black stripes. The floor was clean enough but full of hair. (probably from the maid). At arrival the beds were clean. There was no soap or showergel in the bathroom. Breakfast is not included (this is also written at the reception desk) and it costs 3.5EU. It consists of croissants, bread, jam and butter, a coffee machine and a juice machine. You can take as much as you like. While breakfasting, I heard the maid talking to the receptionist about how she hates her jobs and wants to quit. Throughout my stay the maid came every morning but changed only the covers, or only made the beds, and changed the floor towels. I always bring my own towel, so I did not use the one that was there. I tested if the maid also sweeps the floor, as on the next morning I bought breakfast from a supermarket and had it in my room. I left some breadcrumbs on the floor. When I came back later, the breadcrumbs where, indeed, gone, but again I found hair on the bed and on the floor. I arrived on wednesday and left also on a wednesday. As mentioned earlier, the main entrance is protected by code. I was informed about the code, but on Monday, to my suprise, when I came to the hotel at arround 11 PM, the code was not accepted anymore. The same day, arround noone, I also came back to the hotel and the code worked. I was about to go to the hotel arround corner, but a guest just went out, and he told me the new code. I found this a bit unacceptable no to inform guests about the code change espacially as I was in the hotel the same day at noone and the receptionist saw me, because i said hello. Throughout my stay I saw 4 different women at the reception. Besides the 1st one at my arrival, the other 3 were very unfriendly: they never greeted me when I left or came, although I always said hello and when I left, I made an observation about the code change, and she didn't even care.
The hotel has very thin walls, you can hear the slitest talk or noise. Next to my room there was a multibed room, which had some people in it. They were very noisy and loud and on some mornings / evenings I heard some loud knockings. (have no idea what it was). Also on one night some people on the street started fighting and screeming.

Overall, if you are not pretentious, and book it outside main season, the price is ok for what it offers. It is a noisy place, I do not recommend it for relaxation and if possible avoid it.
The prices in the main season are big.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ivanlaszik
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Not being sure I could sleep in my apartment (occupied my a cousin of mine), I needed a place to stay. I eventually rented a bed in a 2-bed mixed dormitory (at 28 euros per bed per night) in this place, which corresponded to my expectations, hence a hostel rather than a hotel, in spite of its name; shower and toilet are communal, situated in a corridor. (True, the establishment also offers single, double or triple rooms, with a shower and toilet inside the room). Bedding is provided, but not a towel nor soap (there is no warning about that fact on the Web site, for example). A good point: Art Hotel is a non-smoking establishment. A bad point: there is work in progress everywhere, so that a complete bathroom was out of order (the other one in the corridor was unlabeled and looked like a storage place unless you explore it); the only toilet available was upon some stairs at the end of a corridor (not the corridor where my dorm was), and not indicated (you had to roam around to find it), etc. Looking down (or up) through windows you could see only piled construction materials, the French would say "terrain vague", or a plain wall standing less than one meter away. The nicest thing I experienced was breakfast: small breads and croissants with butter and jam and hot beverages as you please. The free WiFi was in fact a network with "little or no connectivity", and I could not access the Internet with it. And oh! after 7 pm, you must go to a nearby Best Western hotel to get the outside door code, your room key, and a few indications about how to find it. Another good point: the place is nicely located, near the main train station, and in the midst of a variety of restaurants. All in all, a very mixed experience.

Room Tip: Play it by ear or count on chance: there is no way to choose. For example, my roommate had paid only...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ruddy L
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Staff were polite enough but not overly helpful. The toilet was in our bedroom but there was no door or privacy. The toilet was electric and did not flush properly and it smelt of sewers. There is no air conditioning so we were forced to keep the windows open at all times. We kept getting bitten by mosquitos and the noise from the alley outside our window kept us awake. The beds were made by the lovely maid but the sheets were not changed at all. This is a 25-30 minute walk to the beach but the website does not say this. The hotel is in a dodgy, unpleasant area. I loved Nice but I wished I had paid a bit more and stayed somewhere much better as Art hotel was the only blight on my holiday. My advice: give this one a miss.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank LisWallington
Reviewed August 3, 2012

we stayed there for just one night. unless the hotel is in a central zone, the service is so bad that the rooms are dirty and full of hunts, mosquitos and parassites. Sleeping is impossible. And, the door was broken, too. --

• Stayed: August 2012