“Hotel Good (Some staff very bad)”
Review of Hotel Regence

Hotel Regence
Ranked #35 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms were comfortable thoroughly cleaned. Girls cleaning super nice and friendly. The worst was the same, the receptionist, who worked during the day (do not speak English or French) I started the conversation he spoke in English but it is completely incomprehensible, my wife spoke French but he was not understandable, had 2 ladies, but the sympathy was not suitable for anyone who works in a hotel.
The reception is suitable only in the night, there will always have a smile and help you need.
I recommend the hotel, but only use the reception the night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KevinAndGI
There are newer reviews for Hotel Regence

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything was good, nothing bad to say: the hotel is located in the city centre, in one of the most famous walking streets in Nice, the rooms were very clean, the staff helpful and kind, everything was really great!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Excellent hotel. Outstanding location. Close to everything. Within walking distance to beach and tram and even station. Depends on how much you like walking. I walked to the Sncf every time. Outstanding service and rooms. Excellent breakfast. Will definitely return. Staff always ready to assist and happy to do anything to make stay pefect. Merci.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from this hotel, but it was hands down the best hotel that I stayed at on my tour of Europe. It was the comfiest bed I slept in in a month and a half. Very clean, well laid-out. Helpful front desk staff.

My room was on the first floor and facing the very busy pedestrian street. After reading reviews, I thought this would be a terribly noisy room and I would not be able to sleep. Quite the opposite! With the window closed, I couldn't hear any noise from the street.

The only downfall was the fact that the hotel insists you return your key to the front desk before leaving the hotel each time. This is an inconvenience, very unprofessional, and I feel like its not secure... Anyone could walk up to the desk and request a room number's key. The hotel doesn't check if you are actually staying in that room. Theft, I'm sure, must be fairly common here. If the hotel could come up with a better system, this hotel would be excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank shhhantel
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed one night at Hotel Regence on our way home from Italy as were flying next morning from Nice airport (we didn't get away because of the air traffic controllers' strike - but that's another story!).

We arrived in our rented car and we were able to park this at Hotel Massenet, the sister hotel around the corner, which was really handy.

The room was spotless and the bathroom was clean and suited our needs. Our room was at the back of the hotel so there was no noise and we slept fine. We had breakfast which was good - unlimited orange or grapefruit juice, unlimited tea, coffee etc. A mini croissant, a pain au chocolat and a mini baguette each with butter and jam and that was plenty for us. Maybe I'm easily pleased but I thought it was good value at 6 euro.

Staff on reception were pleasant and wifi was only 1 euro. I would definitely recommend staying at Hotel Regence if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: We were at the back on floor two and there was no noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Everything was perfect.
Very clean and comfortable.
Personal is very friendly.
The hotel is in center of Nice and it is very convenient for us.
Besides room was very quite.
We enjoyed our stay and will be glad to return again.
Nikolai and Elena

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel was such a delight to stay at. We stayed for 2 nights last week and loved every minute of it. The bed is so comfortable which was just what we needed after a string of not so good hotels and the location is fantastic. Walk out the door of the hotel and you have many shops and restaurants to choose from. Within walking distance to Nice Ville train station and a couple of blocks from the water. Next time we are in Nice, we will definately stay here. Staff are very friendly too. They do have a breakfast but we did not have it, instead, we went to the many cafes around the area. The only sad thing was that we did not stay longer...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple