“In the heart of the action”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Regence

Hotel Regence
Ranked #39 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Coventry, United Kingdom
“In the heart of the action”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Regence is in the heart of Nice, and is a great place to base yourself if you plan to visit Nice. It is basic, and the rooms are small, the breakfast is minimal, but, but, but, this is Nice, and you do get amazing value for money. We had a room down the side of the hotel, 506, which overlooks the alley down the side, it was very noisy from about 6 in the morning from what i would imagine was the kitchens of one of the restaraunts on the Rue Massena, other than that, it was quiet at night and the bed was comfortable.

It is what it is, you pays your money and make your choice. The staff are friendly, the location is great, and it is the second time we have stayed their, that says it all.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the courtyard
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank forrestd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Very small basic rooms but clean and bathroom serviceable. The location is brilliant and makes up for rooms being quite tiny. Reception staff were less than friendly... One lady in particular on the morning shift. Breakfast was economical in the room (basic pastries and coffee) and a good start to the day. Excellent value hotel if all you want to do is sleep and shower and expect "no frills"

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank AnnieandSimon
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Lovely quiet room and spacious compared to others in France that we stayed in - the reception was extremely helpful and friendly and the location of this hotel was perfect - close to everything. We chose this hotel from Trip Advisor reviews and were at first a little worried that being a smoking hotel and we aren't smokers that there might be some cigarette smell - but we were assured that the cleaning of the rooms was very thorough and removed any odours - and we certainly didn't notice any. We were very glad we chose this hotel and would be happy to stay here again.

2 Thank Jozcat
Urquhart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Regence Hotel in Nice. I checked on Tripadvisor before I booked the hotel to see what we were about to find. If this is a 2 star hotel then I am very happy to do 2 stars in the future. Location is excellent, shops, restaurants local tram service are all close by. Don't be put off by the noise outside. Inside there is not a sound and the whole place is spotlessly clean. The staff are very helpful and friendly. All can speak English and understood most of my French from school. Will definitely go back again. The tram is 1 euro per journey and stops at the station. Heading towards the promenade, for 2 stops will take you to within 1 minutes walking distance of the hotel door. A No 99 bus from the airport is useful and a No 98 on the way back goes to Terminal 2. We went to Monaco/Monte Carlo by train which run about every 30 minutes. Cost 7.20 euros for return trip. Half an hour and you are there watching beautiful scenery as you go on a double decker train that always runs on time.
There was 2 negatives for me. The first was that there was no view from the hotel bedroom window. However this was negated by the fact I requested a quiet room away from the street. I did get a good few fantastic nights sleep on a really comfy bed which did not require me to be looking at any view. The second negative was that I didn't like the orange juice.!! Orange juice aside I would be happy to return to the Regence Hotel and recommend it to anyone. Well done The Regence and also to Easyjet for recommending the hotel in the first place.

Room Tip: The rooms to the South are quieter but there are not really any views to be had due to the hotel loc...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4-5 days over the August bank holiday weekend, as we were attending a wedding in Nice. I have to say this hotel was perfect for our needs: it could not be more central, and is fairly priced. The rooms were clean and reasonable size (nothing fancy, but much nicer than other places we've stayed). It is pretty easy to get to from the airport, if you figure out where you're going beforehand and don't get off at the wrong bus stop (like I did!). It's also quiet and has air con, which is a major advantage in that weather! Only downside I would say is after a few days the breakfast does get a bit same-y (pain au chocolats, croissant), but I can't really complain, given the generous quantities and that it is included in the price of the room.

Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I picked this hotel from reader reviews on Trip Advisor - what would I do without Trip Advisor? After making reservations they told me how and which bus to take into the city from the airport. Since we do not spend a lot of time in our hotel rooms on vacation we usually request a standard double. The room here was average size with a larger bathroom. Appreciated the 'safe' in room feature. Breakfast was a basket of croissants/breads and choices of several beverages. Extremely clean hotel. Extremely helpful reception personnel - cannot count the number of questions we asked them - they were always friendly and polite. Loved the location as it was a quick walk to the beach and promenade. Right in the middle of a busy pedestrian shopping area and yet we heard nothing. Not too far from the train station and close to many buses as well as the main tram service. We stayed a week at this hotel and would recommend it to all!

Room Tip: I requested an interior room and while they made note of my request they told me that they could not...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Travelingigi
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for three nights 26-28 August.
We got the bus from the airport into the centre of Nice (4 Euros each). It was a bit of a walk to the hotel, and we found the entrance in the middle of a busy pedestrian street. The entrance looked quite small (it was easy to miss) but when you got inside it was really big, airy and light with a fabulous art-deco interior (an example of the tardis-effect I suppose!).
We arrived before 12 and the room wasn't ready so we left our cases and got changed in a little room behind reception and came back at 2.
The location is excellent, just a few minutes' walk from everything: the beach, restaurants, parks, Spar supermarkets and the marina.
The room was quite basic (it is a two star hotel) but we found it perfectly adequate with comfy beds, blackout blinds and no noise from outside. We easily slept 10 hours a night undisturbed.
The bathroom was roomy (although not enough shelf space) with a hairdryer and an efficient, powerful shower with plenty of hot water.
Breakfast was fine, with a basket of bread, croissants and pan au chocolat on the table and vending machines for juice, tea and coffee.
The staff on reception were really friendly; it didn't matter who was on duty they would help you with directions or advice readily.
You need to hand your key in every time you leave the hotel, and when you come back, there is always someone on reception with a smile to give you your key; after only 2 nights they knew who we were and had our key ready for us without having to say the room number.
A few people have commented on the bus service and that it costs only one euro to travel anywhere. As stated above, the bus from the airport cost 4 euros each, so I am not sure if that is true. When we decided to spend a day in Monaco we debated about travelling by bus or train, and instead decided to hire a motorbike for the day and take our own route. Although not the cheapest option, it was the right decision for us as we chose the high road with stunning, breathtaking views on the way there, and the coast road coming back where we stopped for a while at Villefranche beach.
Because the hotel is so centrally located, eating out at night is easy; we favoured a restaurant near the opera house, outside of which a female singer would sing arias each night ( a posh type of busking, I suppose).
Loved Nice and the hotel was perfect for us; it gave us great nights' sleep, a central location, a decent breakfast and helpful, friendly staff without breaking the bank.

2 Thank KarenandSimon