“Disgusting Ambassador Hotel”

Ranked #91 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Krakow, Poland
“Disgusting Ambassador Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I spent 3 nights at Ambassador Hotel in nice and being frequent seasoned travelers throughout the US, Europe & Asia, can honestly this is the worst hotel experience I've ever had!
I had money taken from our room. You heard me right!!! I made the mistake of leaving my wallet in the room unattended (it contained 120.00 EUR) to learn upon arrival at the airport on the return home that it had been cleaned out - my taxi money for the ride home from the airport.
Rooms - the room was old and smelled its age, the air conditioning didn't work, and the rug was so filthy we did not even want to remove our shoes. Smelly old bathroom.
Book elsewhere - definitely not worth what I spent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kasiapil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel might not be 4 * standards with its dated interiors but dont let this put you off. It is in the best location in Nice, being so close to the beach and round the back is all the bars and cafes.It was really easy to find, think it was bus 98 from the airport, get off at the stop 'cignes' and look for the mcDonalds on the corner and the hotel is behind it. The staff are lovely, very helpful, they knew the buses to monaco, where to get on the bus and everything. They were brilliant. We didnt have breakfast as there are so many cafes to choose from at the back of the hotel for about 5 - 9 euros. There is no iron at this hotel, we had to steam our clothes in the ensuite, nor is there any tea or coffee facilities. There is a safe in the wardrobe. It was a quiet hotel, well, we didnt hear any other guests in the 3 nights we stayed there. We would both definitely go back to this hotel as the location is superb and we paid less than 100euros a night for the room.

Room Tip: A sea view would have been nice but we never spent any time in the room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Nice, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Cons: very dirty rooms, old plumbing, awful view from the window: a broken rotten roof, crawling rats. Pros: helpful staff, close to the sea and the district with cafes and restaurants.
If you are willing to endure appalling views, irregular hot water, strange hair on the pillow, dirty towels and old plumber, then you can put up to compensate for all those shortcomings that the sea nearby.

1 Thank Tourist756

Travelers are raving about these Nice hotels

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel is located right behind the LeMeridien and is a good mid range hotel at a very reasonable price for its location: 1min walk from the beach and right around the block from the shopping area.
The hotel is being modernised at present, therefore closing from Nov 2012- Jan 2013.
We stayed 5 nights mid September and were very happy with the room which was clean, quiet and comfortable; air-con was fully functional. We did have a room without a view, however that I consider is the luck of the draw.
The hotel manager Mr Ferrara was most helpful in providing general information and attending effectively to the guests' needs in a professional way.
I agree that the hotel itself needs some cosmetic input, however the quality of the service, price and location were without fault.
On our next visit to Nice we will try to stay there again.

1 Thank carsten l
Malaga, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

After staying at the hotel, my cousin and I were disgusted by the treatment by the staff and how dirty our room was. once I returned home we then decided to make a complaint which my cousin did and told me the reception treated her terribly. Therefore I called myself and was treated disgustingly by the receptionist "DAVID" who after asking to speak to the Manager I was told that it was impossible and would't even supply with an email. I then requested how was I to make a complaint he would not answer he pretended not to understand me I then decided to speak Frenc and when I spoke to him in French (I am Belgian native French speaker) her pretended not to understand me, and hung up the phone when calling back on various occasions "DAVID" pretended not to hear me.

I will be calling again to speak to the manager lets see what happens

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Ambasador Hotel is the perfect place to stay in Nice! Located 1 block from the beach, 1 block to many cafe's, close to the tram and close to Old Town. The hotel has very nice size rooms and is very clean. The adorable manager, Andreas, was very helpful and knowledgeable as was the entire staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
athens
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Let the traveller beware! We had booked for a double "ambassador" room via the hotel's authorised agent, Gala Hotels. This was more expensive than the plain double room so we assumed we would get a slightly better than standard room. When we checked in at 20h30 it was dark and we did not see that our room window faced onto a crumbling, dilapidated wall of the adjoining building. The next day when we queried the calibre of the room we were given, we were informed by the hotel reception that we had to take it up with "our" booking agent and although we had paid the extra amount they were not going to do anything about it. When I showed them that the booking confirmation referred to an "ambassador" type room they informed me that as Gala hotels (their authorised agent) had booked a standard room, they would not do anything about it. This was particularly frustrating as we had booked for a week and the money had been deducted from our credit card for the full stay, without cancellation recourse.

I agree with Bcaplan, one would do better to avoid this establishment. It seems they have a modus operandi whereby they give their worst rooms to guests who are not able to walk away.