Ambassador Hotel
$382
$325
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
La Villa Nice Victor Hugo(Nice)(Great Value!)
$303
$288
Great 4.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsold townantique marketexcellent locationnice hotelrestaurants and shopsrooms are cleaneach morninghotel is situatednorbertfrancepromenademonacobusmediterraneanensuitestops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012

After staying at the hotel, my cousin and I were disgusted by the treatment by the staff and how dirty our room was. once I returned home we then decided to make a complaint which my cousin did and told me the reception treated her terribly. Therefore I called myself and was treated disgustingly by the receptionist "DAVID" who after asking to speak to the Manager I was told that it was impossible and would't even supply with an email. I then requested how was I to make a complaint he would not answer he pretended not to understand me I then decided to speak Frenc and when I spoke to him in French (I am Belgian native French speaker) her pretended not to understand me, and hung up the phone when calling back on various occasions "DAVID" pretended not to hear me.

I will be calling again to speak to the manager lets see what happens

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Ambasador Hotel is the perfect place to stay in Nice! Located 1 block from the beach, 1 block to many cafe's, close to the tram and close to Old Town. The hotel has very nice size rooms and is very clean. The adorable manager, Andreas, was very helpful and knowledgeable as was the entire staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Let the traveller beware! We had booked for a double "ambassador" room via the hotel's authorised agent, Gala Hotels. This was more expensive than the plain double room so we assumed we would get a slightly better than standard room. When we checked in at 20h30 it was dark and we did not see that our room window faced onto a crumbling, dilapidated wall of the adjoining building. The next day when we queried the calibre of the room we were given, we were informed by the hotel reception that we had to take it up with "our" booking agent and although we had paid the extra amount they were not going to do anything about it. When I showed them that the booking confirmation referred to an "ambassador" type room they informed me that as Gala hotels (their authorised agent) had booked a standard room, they would not do anything about it. This was particularly frustrating as we had booked for a week and the money had been deducted from our credit card for the full stay, without cancellation recourse.

I agree with Bcaplan, one would do better to avoid this establishment. It seems they have a modus operandi whereby they give their worst rooms to guests who are not able to walk away.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Ambassador is a very good hotel, near the beach in Nice. Near this hotel are a lots of restaurans and pubs. Very nice people work there and there are a very good rooms. Good breakfast too. I will back there next year with my friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nice is so beautiful, she will almost make you forget that you have to go back to this dump at the end of the day. The employees are friendly but useless. We were put into our hovel around 8 pm and the night manager was powerless to change accommodations. The room was small,dirty, and dilapidated with peeling paint, ineffectual A/C, insects and a lovely view of the abandoned building beside the hotel (you can see a little sky from the room if you crane your neck really hard and look straight up). When we informed the day manager in the morning, he said he would be happy to switch rooms for an additional $80. Keep in mind, my wife and I are generally not too picky and have stayed in every kind of hotel imaginable from zero star hostels in NYC and Amsterdam to five star resorts in Hawaii and London. The Ambassador did not ruin our vacation and I would have been happy to pay $40 for the room.....$160, however, was a bit much. Spend some extra cash and go someplace nice.

• Stayed: August 2012