“Found by mistake”

Hi Beach
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our dear guests, We are currently closed up to April 2017. We have been really delighted to welcom you, and look forward to seeing you next year. Best regards, Hi Beach staff
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Turned out that our hotel had a reserved beach on the promenade with food and drink available, so we spent a relaxing couple of hours having a cool drink and acceptable food whilst looking onto the ocean. A bit pricey, but not bad for the area.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Quit expensive (towels, drinks and food) but worth of money (mostly because of location). Good service. Superb location.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We tried this beach for a day. The front dest team were welcoming. We got our towels and complimentary Evian spray and were lead to good beds on the second row. The beds were like futons but were still quite comfortable.

Trying to get hold of a waiter/beachboy was a nightmare. We had one designated to our area that seemed to come nowhere close and was always looking in the wrong direction. When I approached another I was told that someone else was looking after me, but I was left unsure if the message would be passed across or I still had to chase.

For lunch the food was good (large salads & fries) but not out of this world, and not worth 90 Euros.

It's a shame, the beach was clean it had a cool vibe but the service really let it down and wouldn't encourage me to return.

1  Thank WineTravelandSong
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This private beach has a restaurant, and you can get the food served at the sun beds, and then there's Wi-Fi!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm not sure what went wrong with the last two reviewers. We called in the morning to make a same day reservation after finding some of our other preferred clubs to be fully booked. I was told that there would be no problem for a 1 pm reservation.

We arrived 15 minutes late for our reservation so I was a little nervous, but it was no problem as they had our chairs waiting for us when we arrived! I paid €44 for 2 people. We both got mini spray bottles of Evian which was a very nice touch.

We had lunch at the club. I got an enormous pot of mussels in curry sauce with fries, which were very good! My husband was not so lucky, his €19 Caesar salad had wilted lettuce, overly cooked fried chicken (who fries chicken in a salad, honestly?), and the dressing tasted like vinegar. That being said, the salad is the only reason they don't get 5 stars!

The drinks are expensive, but if I'm paying for a spot on a private beach in Nice, I don't expect it to be cheap. What I do expect is attentive staff and great service, which is what I got. The waiter was always there to refill my drink or readjust my umbrella when the sun moved. We were lucky not to be near any smokers, but the club does allow topless bathing. If this bothers any of my fellow Americans, get over it, welcome to France!

They also have excellent bathrooms, changing rooms, and showers available. There are hair dryers, and a full gift shop if you happen to forget your swimsuit.

That being said, I really enjoyed my day here. Great service, great drinks. Expensive, but worth it.