“Amazing hotel with stunning views of the sea!”
Review of Hotel La Perouse

Hotel La Perouse
Ranked #3 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed in a junior suite at Hotel La Perouse in April of 2014. This hotel was amazing and absolutely gorgeous! The hotel was very clean, the staff was very friendly, and the food in the on-site restaurant was fresh and delicious. Our room was beautiful, complete with a huge wall of windows showcasing our breathtaking view of the Mediterranean Sea. We had to take 3 different elevators to reach our room, but it was totally worth the trek and it was kind of fun navigating our way to our rooftop suite. The hotel was very quiet and peaceful but conveniently located near the Promenade des anglais and historic old Nice so we were easily within walking distance of many shops, cafés, restaurants and sights.

We had rented a car during our our stay, and the hotel's valet was very friendly and available when needed. We were pleased to discover that our location in Nice was just a short drive (maybe 30 min) from the Italian border, and we enjoyed being able to easily explore a couple of small towns in Italy for an afternoon.

The hotel's restaurant was absolutely beautiful and full of natural sunlight. Seating was available indoors or outside on the patio surrounded by lush lemon and orange trees. Breakfast was included in our package, and we thoroughly enjoyed the selection of pastries, fruits, cereals, cheeses/meats as well as a variety of juices, coffee, and teas. We especially enjoyed cutting open fresh oranges and then using the on-site juicer to make our own freshly squeezed orange juice.

Additionally, the rooftop jacuzzi is not to be missed as it overlooks the sea! The weather was too cool for us to feel comfortable using the hotel pool, but it was beautifully situated against the side of a rocky cliff and looked quite picturesque.

We felt that Hotel La Perouse was a destination in and of itself and enjoyed spending time there as much as we enjoyed exploring Nice!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IV_BOYS
hperouse2010, Director of Sales at Hotel La Perouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice comment. We are delighted and very touched to read all these sweets compliments and most of all that you had a wonderful time at the Hotel la Perouse. Don’t hesitate to contact us directly for your next booking. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.
Kind regards,
Irina Iovan
Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Hotel La Perouse

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This unique location built into rocks on the hill is very unique. The views of Nice and the promenade from the top patio are great. The location is an easy walk to downtown and very close to the harbor where you can easily catch a bus to nearby towns such as Eze or Monaco. The staff very responsive and the hotel is clean. Other reviews outline amenities and the hotel accurately.

My only concern is like many hotels right now, there are a lot of excessive charges for just about anything you need outside what is included. A rum and coke in the bar was 15 euro.

I would recommend and hope to go back!

Room Tip: while the 2nd floor suites have a very big wonderful patio, the view is obscured, so you can't s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaveRoadWarrior
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is like marmite you either love it or hate it- I love it!
It's at the end of the bay with a simply fabulous view of the azure bay or sea if you have a seafront room.The reception is small and rather uninspiring and the staff have to warm up to you but you take the lift up 6 levels and then the rooms are spread on the outside of the cliff .We had a second floor corner room with a huge terrace.I thought it marvellous as the bedroom was large with big bathroom- bath and shower over and separate loo.The bullet pillows were swiftly swapped for soft ones.The room was elegant with a high ceiling and tall French windows to the terrace.The included buffet breakfast on the beautiful outside terrace by the pool with orange tree was a bit disappointing.We tried out the jacuzzi On the top floor terrace which was lovely. The gym is very basic but then I enjoyed having a run on the Promenade des Anglais people and small dog watching!What I particularly like at this comfortable hotel is not only it's stunning views but it's perfect location for walking into the old town and the port.They are marvellous at making suggestions for restaurants to go to with a walking
Map to show where they are located.I said it was my husbands birthday and they kindly gave us a voucher for 2 glasses of Champagne.A memorable stay

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BillieWinchester
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had a standard room that was of a good size and very clean - a real positive for me. As it was the last room available for the time we wanted, I can't complain though I will try and book earlier next time to secure a sea view which I imagine would have been fantastic. The layout is unusual and it wasn't until somebody explained that the hotel is actually six floors up, did it start to make sense! There was free basic internet Wi-Fi but high speed Wi-Fi was additional - we used the basic system and it did what we needed perfectly well.

Location wise, it was fab - in between the old town and the port. Restaurants and walks either way.

The staff were attentive and really friendly which was great and a real positive.

Other than for breakfast, which was excellent, we didn't eat in the hotel so I can't comment on the quality or indeed the price of the food.

One oddity I did find was that the pool didn't get heated until the end of April - we did swim but it was chilly and it seemed ironic that the pool would be heated for the summer!

Overall, no complaints at all and as with my other reviews, the question I ask myself is whether I would go back to the hotel and Nice - the answer is absolutely. The hotel was great and we enjoyed Nice very much.

As an aside, we had a taxi from the airport to the hotel - it was about 35E which seemed a lot but was worth it we decided.

And finally, we did manage to get to Monaco for a day - glad I've been but I have no intention of going back. We used the train to get there - about 20 minutes from Nice - very easy but it was crammed on the way back.......and really grubby.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CKB66CKB
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Having done loads of research came to La Perouse. Good choice! A wonderful hotel impeccable service and a lovely warm quiet feeling. Great pool to cool off in.
For me breakfast is very important and the choice and quality were great.
Just came for three nights. Wish I had stayed longer. Loads to see in a Nice and easy to take a day trip along the coast by train.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Loved our room facing down the promenade. Location next to the old town and not far from the port was excellent. Dinner at Le Patio superb, as was breakfast in morning. We used the high speed internet which we negotiated as part of the rate.

Room Tip: Get room facing the sea. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RittSq
Reviewed April 4, 2014

La Perouse is located near the old town (vielle ville) of Nice. The hotel is perched vertically on a rock and you will need to take 2 sets of elevator to get to your room. The porter will help you with maneuvering your luggage to the top. We had a lovely ocean view room and it was slightly on the small side for size. However, the view made up for the lack of sq footage and we really enjoyed looking out the window. The bathroom is also a little small but it is an old property (and France!)

The concierge is very friendly and he parks your car near a close by parking lot. Walking to the old town takes 10-15 minutes and you can visit the Marche au Fleur and sample different seasonal produce on offer. The front desk staff are also very polite and were able to give good restaurant recommendations during off seasons.

Overall, the hotel is good value and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple