“Great French Style”

Ranked #104 of 205 Hotels in Nice
Perth, Australia
“Great French Style”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My Daughter and I stayed for 2 nights and loved it (we had booked for 5 but unfortunately had to cut our stay short)! It is walking distance to the 'old Nice' and don't forget about the markets on the way! Tram for those who can't make the distance. It's in the heart of residential area so feels like you are just living like the locals, rather than as a 'tourist'. Sophie (owner) was very helpful and speaks English. They have a gorgeous house-cat which is very friendly and you have to turn the tap on when she is at the fountain so she can lick the water dripping from the tap!
We were on the top floor which was a bit of a struggle getting big suitcases up the spiral staircase - something to be aware of. They offer a lovely 'french' breakfast. Charming place. Would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Third floor is a long way up when you have luggage so ask for a lower level.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and I really enjoyed it! The "villa" was lovely (little garden and house spirit) and my room was just renovated! People working there were really helpful (they helped us with our suitcases because there is no elevator - only bad point).
The location is a bit far way from the centre but with the tramway (which is very close to the hotel) it's only 10min to reach it. I recommend this hotel really peaceful and relax.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place is a 'hidden gem'. What a find! It is in a great location, right on the tram line so that getting to any location is quite quick. The manager was lovely and very helpful. The room was huge and had the most glorious Air Conditioner which made the stay even better ..... the place was typically French and really a great place to stay. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Englandswings123
NYC
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This place has real charm! For the price I think it is a real gem. It has nicely decorated, comfortable rooms, with a very French style. I loved the balcony on the second floor, with the long French doors. It is run very professionally. Sophie was super helpful and appeared with a map and full explanations on how to get around and where everything was. She explained how to take the tramway to the waterside and how to get anywhere we wanted to go. We had a late check in (midnight) and she emailed very clear instructions on what we needed to do.
The furnishings and rugs, etc were a little worn, but for the price I thought it was fair and did not mind at all. Sophie warned us about the pickpockets, and somehow still our cellphone was stolen on the train station platform. She was certainly thoughtful to warn us about the situation.
Regardless, I felt very happy in the Villa St. Hubert!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed there for twon nights in May 2013 and was quite pleased with the place and the stuff at the reception who were friendly and accommodating. When there was a little sunshine one morning, I even had breakfast outside in the small but cute gerden. The room I had was a double one on the third floor. Unfortunately, there is no elevator and dragging my suitcase up and down was not easy as the stairs are steep and long... But the room was very nice, with apparent ceiling beams and a large bed, a small shower and toilet and enough and adequate furniture like bed-side tables, lights, closet, bench to put the suitcase, small office and window. So, all in all, I liked the place and will beback if I can find someone to carry my suitcase...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PallasParis
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were lucky enough to stay here for 5 nights, our base for a visit to the Monaco Grand Prix. The hotel is 2 star but just what is needed for resting weary heads. There is a tram stop, Boriglione, a minute's walk from the hotel, so we had no problem going into town or to the train station. Even on foot, the station is only about 10 minutes easy walk away. Breakfast was lovely and there are plenty eateries around if you don't want to go all the way into Nice itself. Brasserie Boriglione and Brasserie Le Gambetta to name but 2. They also don't charge centre of town prices! We would definitely come back to this hotel and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Staying at the Villa St-Hubert was one of the best parts of being in Nice. We were greeted by delightful staff and enjoyed a lovely homemade breakfast in the mornings; sitting outside in the front courtyard, surrounded by trees and flowers, enjoying the sun. It was beautiful, I will always have fond memories of Nice, due to our experience at this hotel.
The nightly rate was very reasonable and although the accommodations are fairly simple and conservative, the exceptional service made our stay.
We will definitely stay at this hotel if we are ever in Nice again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple