Hotel Saint-Georges
$267
$151
$146
  • Pool
La Villa Nice Victor Hugo(Nice)(Great Value!)
$303
$382
$325
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed here again for a nice visit at this clean, good hotel. Again: convenient location, around 5 blocks south of train station, nice rooms of average European size, also staff helpful and accommodating. www.hotelsaintgeorges.fr

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 5andiamo
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have been staying at the St Georges fairly regularly over about ten years and, although it gets some terrible reviews, it has always seemed excellent value for money to me. Location is top class; a ten minute walk from the station, the promenade and the old town and in a street that is very quiet at night. I am a light sleeper and this time heard nothing from midnight to 8.00am.

The high ceilinged room was about 15x9 feet. It was newly decorated with good aircon and a flat screen TV with the usual French channels plus BBC World. The shower room was immaculate with plenty of hot water, good shower pressure and what looked like brand new towels.

Another advantage of the St Georges is that they have almost zero staff turnover, with the manager telling me that he has been working there in various roles for twelve years. It could be that as I am a fairly regular customer they give me their better rooms but every time I have stayed the room has been clean and fairly modern.

Sometimes the St Georges is full and I need to go elsewhere but I have yet to find a hotel in Nice that is better value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is not a 3 start hotel. If you are willing to put up with ants and holes in the floor for the perfect location, then do it, but don't pay more than 100$ per night. We had an ant infestation right from the start, even in our bed. Food and drink is banned in the hotel because of the problem. Steer clear unless you get this hotel really cheap!!!

Room Tip: Request a room on level 1 - the only floor that gets the wifi signal.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Julia K
Reviewed May 19, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I booked this hotel after reading these reviews and was so terribly disappointed when we arrived. I was not expecting anything fancy or great but we were met with a disgusting and dirty room. Wrong room type, didn't even check ID or ask for a first name at check in. I would never recommend this hotel and needless to say we stayed somewhere else for our trip. The best western new York. Much better hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple