Hotel Villa Rivoli
$289
$265
$218
  • Pool
All reviewsbasement roomold townsuperior roomtraditional roomno elevatorblue beachbelle epoquetwo double bedstwo blockssmall hotelboiled eggsbreakfast roomfrench hoteltrain stationsmall balconyfirst floorexcellent location
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This hotel was such a perfect place to stay...we were close enough to walk to the sea and stroll along the seaside. It was close to the city center so that we could walk about 10 minutes to get there. The front desk staff (especially Dana) was great. We were able to sit in the breakfast room and enjoy a glass of wine and catch up on the day. Breakfast was really good. The room was quiet and definitely comfortable. And we had parking! You have to ask for it as it is very limited, but it is secure. We even walked to the Chagall museum and the Matisse museum. It's about 2 miles total, but we like to walk. Great hotel!!

Room Tip: Parking is limited so be sure to ask if they have it available.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jk F
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Lovely place to stay in Nice. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are very nicely decorated, with everything you as a modern traveller will require and also very charming. Especially the colouring is impressive. Beds are very comfortable. There is a small TV set, which I never used. My room was quite, even though there were some sounds from the street. Breakfast is served in a large beautiful room, with the garden outside. and in summertime I suppose it must be jolly nice having one's breakfast there. I will definitely stay here next time I go to Nice!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank RolandEngkvist
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I check Tripadvisor every time before booking a hotel. I found pretty good reviews for this hotel. So probably my expectations were too high. But it is just an average hotel. The best things of this hotel are the location and the service. But rooms are so small (and I know that rooms are a bit smaller in France) and especially the bathroom is small and with mold.
Plus:
1. Location. Great for sightseeing. All the Nice must are easily reachable by walking.
2. Service. The girl at reception was really nice to us speaking english and german very well. She helped us with everything. She was the reason I didn't complaint about anything.
3. Free wifi. But needs to log in quite complicated and asking for an unique log in details fore each device.
4. Parking place: but there are just 3 and pretty small. You have to have small car with parking assistat or be an experienced driver. It's clever to book it i advance especially during summer.
Minus:
1. There is no elevator and no bell service
2. Rooms are pretty small. And I have been to many French hotels so i know what to expect...
3. Queen size bed was small and directly by the wall
4. BATHROOM was the worst... the bath tube was so small that I had a problem to fit into it and close the door. The preasure of the water was low. And the temperature of the water was changing durig bathing.
5. There was mold in the bathroom. On the top parts. Small but needs proper cleaning.
6. Breakfast offer was narrow. No fresh juice, no mixed eggs.
7. The doors had been renovating at that time. So there was mess on the stairs and there was a message on the doors that they will paint them soom. No discount for this?

As I wrote it is hardly an average hotel. Service and the location is the only reason that I rated 3 not 2...

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pavel H
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel on 12 December.

The hotel is located close to the beaches (it is on the small road as the Negresco) and only a short walk from the centre of the city.

The hotel is a beautiful building dating back to the late 19th century, which the staff had decorated nicely for Christmas.

The interior of the hotel is undergoing some internal improvements however that did not impact on our stay.

The staff were friendly and spoke good English and were keen to ensure that our stay was pleasurable.

The room itself was small but very nicely decorated with what I think was a recently fitted bathroom. We were impressed.

Although we did not use the facility, there was a lovely guest room downstairs where the breakfast was served and where drinks were taken in the evening. Nice touch.

If I were visiting Nice again in the future I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CUCKOO27
DirectionVilla, Inhaber at Hotel Villa Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Guests,
thank you very much for your very positif comment I will forward it to the entire team. Christmas time is a very special time we specially enjoy decorating the Villa Rivoli for this event. Nice to hear that your liked it. Don't forget that for direct bookings for clients who stayed with us before we always try to give a little extra...Looking very much forward welcoming you again and best regards of Nice, Barbara Kimmig & team.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed here for a couples vacation and found it to be a good value. It was in a great, quiet neighborhood and we enjoyed sitting in the cute back garden. The staff were very friendly and helpful. All front desk staff spoke with French and English which was nice. We booked online and were nervous about arriving late in the evening - they made sure to email us ahead of time and provide a door code for late night access.

The room was a bit small but nicely decorated in an antique style. We really appreciated that it had AC and complimentary coffee. The best part was there it was only a few blocks from the famous Hotel Negresco and Blue Beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple