“Mediocre Buffet Food”

Regence Plage by Radisson Blu
Ranked #637 of 1,983 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Facing the Radisson Blu hotel & the Mediterranean Sea, the Régence Plage by Radisson Blu invites you to relax from May to October, for lunch, dinner or just a drink in a friendly & romantic atmosphere.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was part of a large gathering so please consider my comments in that light. The rooftop setting with the Mediterranean as a backdrop was breathtaking. The food, however, tasted like steam table fare. Even though there were numerous dishes to choose from there was little to delight my palate. Also, it took a very long time for us guests to snake through the line. It would have been helpful to have a member of the wait staff direct us toward one of the three stations available.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Standard of service average... staff werent very friendly took order, served food, took payment and that was that! there wasnt a huge selection on menu and we thought the menu was too over priced! it cost us just over 40euros for 2 soft drink a salad and pizza and chips!! we would have been better of getting on the bus and going into the main area of the promenade where there is more choice of cafes and bistros!!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Bad service - very unfriendly and unwilling to help. They refused on two occasions to whip up an omelette for our baby.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I was traveling through Nice for one day and decided to take advantage of the beaches. The side of the city I was on is only rock beaches so if you are looking for sand you will need to go elsewhere.

First I had a late lunch at Regence Plage and since it was between meal times I could only choose from the pizza or salad menu. I went with the margarita pizza which was delicious! They brought me some flavored olive oil to top on the pizza which made it all the better. The food prices were not too high, but for my 1 glass of house white wine I paid more than most of the other places. I guess I paid for the view and beachside table though...

After lunch I went to the beds on the beach which cost 15 euros but worth it to me since I did not have a lounge chair. Since there are tall buildings behind the club the sun set behind them around 7 pm.

All around a good choice to have a drink, lay on the beach, or have lunch/dinner.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The beach itself is very nice and the staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. However, foodwise this place is a mess (as well as the actual Radison Hotel). I will grant them that they make a decent pizza but the rest of the food is tasteless and expensive and you better eat somewhere else.