“Terrible & Disastrous!”

Residhome Nice Promenade
Ranked #134 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel was ok. The receptionists were terribly rude. I asked for the room cleaning and they answered me i had to pay an extra. Then i tried to talk to the manager and they answered in a bad way.
The internet connection is by cable and it doesnt work properly. I also asked for a new cable and they answered me there was not a technician to solve my problems and they never gave me a solution.
The washing machine is broken, so there was only one washer for the entire hotel, and it also costed 5 euros.
The hot water ends in 10 minutes, so if there are more than 2 people who want to take a shower the 2nd one will do it with cold water, almost freezing. Thats not a problem in summer, but it really is in winter.
The room smelled very bad. And the toilet didn´t had a ventilation, so the bad smell stayed there during all stay.
I ll never go back to that hotel. It was a disaster! Never go there! Choose another!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank TravelLover p
There are newer reviews for Residhome Nice Promenade

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This hotel was clean and conveniently located - quite close to beach and not far to walk to main areas for restaurants and sights. Walls between rooms are paper thin and internet completely unreliable. I stayed here for 2 weeks. The internet is hard wired in rooms (no wifi in rooms) and kicked me off of skype every 3 minutes. The internet was down entirely throughout the whole hotel for the last 3 days of my stay. Front desk staff professional. Coffee and water provided in the lobby, which was a nice touch. Breakfast is basically a bun fight, but alright. Only 2 washers and one dryer for the entire hotel and laundry pretty expensive (5 Euros for wash, 3 for dryer). Pull out sofa day bed - twin sized. Small room.

Room Tip: If you need a real bed, you should specify this at the time of your reservation and be very clear ab...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TLW1116
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed at these apartments in May for the Monaco GP. We had a nice view with a little balcony, it had all the amenities so you could get away with hand luggage only. The only set back is the noise. As it is on a main street if you have the patio doors open you have to shout to be heard. Also the soundproofing is poor as you can hear other conversations and what's happening!! It was unfortunate that there were students next to us who went out late and came in late making the most noise possible so much so that I had to bang on the door quite loudly and ask them to keep it quiet at 3am. Management don't seem receptive to acting on complaints.

The good side,easy to walk to promenade and Lidl supermarket nearby for supplies. It is walkable to most places in and around the town.

Room Tip: ask for a non street room
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have to say I was quite nervous of staying in this apartment after reading the reviews on this site. I was surprised to find the apartment very clean and roomy. The kitchen was small but functional and the sofa bed in the living room was comfortable. We had no trouble with hot water but was given an information sheet on how to heat more if it was required and the staff were very friendly and helped me use the washing machine. The only issue which is small is that the room was not ready till about 4pm.
We were also travelling with 2 young children and I felt quite comfortable here, the beach is very close to the apartment and supermarket is nearby. I would definitely use Citadines again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have the opportunity to stay in this hotel apartment in November 2011, this is a budget hotel but the crew are totally friendly, I'm surprised from the bad reviews, you may check-in at noon or even before. you can stay at the lobby with self service of Tea & coffee 24/24 free + internet free at business center 24/24. nobody can enter to the hotel or parking lot without security code. the site in Rue de FRANE, is near the beach & 5 minutes from airport & other places (Markets, Restaurants, Hotels, Bakery etc).
if I deside to visit nice again it will be my favorite.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom apartment for 4 persons.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ohachichou
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We would do the same as one of the other traveler's posted here if we could put in negatives it would be a minus 5 . We were booked for a week and a day. The staff we found were nice but after that in one word .....unbelievable !!! Our room started with a pungent and unpleasant odor. As much as we tried to get rid of the odor with scented candles and expensive room freshener sprays we were unsuccessful. Then there was the bed a pull out hide a bed that was so uncomfortable that we couldn't sleep on it ......it felt like sleeping on the concrete sidewalk. On a side note we should have run from this place when we noticed a bunch of old mattresses at the opening to the parking area. Then the bathroom well it was very small we couldn't use the bathtub/shower as there was mold for health reasons. But thats not the worst we went to Nice France as a couple for a romantic holiday only to have prostitutes standing out from of our hotel working !!! We had booked a week plus a day here and after 2 days there we spent a day of our holidays looking for another hotel to stay at in Nice ...... we did stay at the Best Western Premier it was great ! We tried to get some of our money back from The Citadines for over a year but they took our money and we weren't able to get a refund. We would NEVER use a Citadine Hotel ever again on our travels !!

Room Tip: We stayed there in Oct/2010 they don't allow us to select that month. Go to another hotel in Nic...
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Dean S
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The Citadines is close to the beach, but a little bit of a walk from the best areas of Nice. Other than one employee who was a real knob, the rest of the front desk staff were great. The room we had was very clean and secure. They offer laundry service, which was convenient. The breakfast, as well as the laundry, are pretty expensive compared to what you can get elsewhere, but once again convenient. The internet was pretty slow by Western standards, but it worked. My family and I enjoyed our experience here, but do not go here expecting four or five star service. I would rate it a two or three star experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family