1,378 results
All reviews old town privilege room baie des anges castle hill cours saleya sea view floor room perfect location small balcony french doors fifth floor port area flower market loved this hotel our honeymoon superior room the bus
Reviewed August 21, 2018

great location at the east end of the city, with a view of the entire beach and water front area. We had a room with a balcony and it was great, although too hot in August.
One staff member we want to highlight is Charlotte; great assistance when we needed it and offered a welcoming approach
Breakfast staff very helpful but like last year not much in the way of variety for the hot meal.
Great location to The old city, and restaurants

Room Tip: stay on the 5th floor with a balcony room
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for four nights. We booked a room with balcony which was the smartest choice we could do. Those evenings at that terrace are wonderful. The hotel location is jus perfect but the most wonderful thing is the staff. They are so kind and cooperative. We want to cone to Nice again and surely we will chhose Hotel Suisde again!!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights for my husbands special big 50th birthday 12-16th August and it really was the most amazing perfect experience. From the pre visit communication emails to the helpful and friendly staff during the stay this was really the most friendly and welcoming hotel I have ever stayed in.
The location is perfect with the most tremendous views .. especially for the 15th August’s fireworks which we watched from our balcony with a bottle of wine. We stayed on the fifth floor in room 53 which although small had everything we needed and was incredibly clean and well kept. Breakfast was great value with lots of choice (although we only had it one rainy morning ) the location was perfect for restaurants, shopping exploring the old town and of course the must trip up to the castle was easy from le suisse as it sits at the foot of it. Thank you hotel Suisse for helping make my husbands special birthday extra special and the champagne was really a very special touch ..

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2018

I feel like maybe we had bad luck but...We had a major (sanitary) problem with our room first night. I have called front desk but no one cared. I left review and only then did the management react. The next day they offered to move us to a better room, we even got champagne which was very nice of them.
The next day we have returned to the room at 4:30pm and the room wasn't clean-I have asked the maid in the hallway and she said she was too busy taking care of the second floor and she said she will do it shortly- we had to take showers, change and take off so I just grabbed more bathroom products and coffee. Not a huge deal but we simply couldn't catch a break.

Pros:
The location of the hotel is great. Views are amazing.

Cons:
The front desk staff lacks warmth, they simply do not care.
If you are on the first floor it's going to be VERY LOUD at night- street traffic is non stop plus music from clubs/bars. The regular rooms are small.

Room Tip: First floor is very loud at night-traffic and party music
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Myriam F, Responsable commercial at Hotel Suisse, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Dear Heapsofsmile,

Thank you for taking time to leave your review following to your stay from the 25th to the 29th July.

We’re sorry about your disappointment.

We’re a little bit surprised by your comment as, when you meet M. Pivert, the Hotel Manager, everything was fixed and you even removed your last comment.

Since the first time you came to complaint, we changed your room for a Privilege Room (considering that you booked a Tradition Room) and offered you a champagne bottle. We’re aware that during high season it could be a little bit noisy at night (as everywhere in city center it’s difficult to have no noise at all). We’re really sorry about this inconvenient.

Once again, all our apologizes for your bad feelings regarding your stay in your hotel. We’re happy to read you appreciated the location and views.

Kind regards.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I will definitely stay here again if I return to Nice. The location is superb, right under the Castle Hill and overlooking the Promenade. The staff were so helpful every time I needed assistance and I had a bottle of champagne waiting in my room when I arrived because I was visiting for my birthday! The room was decorated simply but very comfortably. I was on the second floor but had a beautiful view of the beaches and it was not noisy at all (definitely not blocked by the trees as I saw someone else assumed, as you can see from the photo). I did not have the continental breakfast. Thank you for a great stay!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo