“very good”

Best Western New York
Ranked #31 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed March 3, 2013

just returned back from a 3nite break, and dont know what all the negatives are about.
very nice clean and centrally located hotel.
no kettle in room but when asked it appeared within an hour complete with tea bags.
rooms cleaned every day.
hot water as much as you need.
breakfast basic but enough of it, with choice aswell..
really dont know what people are complaining about. would differntly use again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank titch20

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked on the internet and was looking for a locaton close to city center. This is the place. Close to everything! Construction around the area makes it a noisy mid-day but all was much quieter in the evening. My room was nice. The two twin beds made into a larger bed. The bathrooms have recently beed remodeled. Good shower and tub too. No coffee service is available in the roms. Actually, not too many amenities in the rooms beyond the TV with 12 chanels (2 in english BBC & CNN) The WiFi worked well with decent speed. The beds were clean and the carpet in the room appears to be pretty new. The best part however was teh service from the desk clerk (Nela H.) She spoke fluent French and English as well. Was able to be very helpful for commuincation and directions. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 301 - 303 face alley. Rooms 304 - 314 face the street. Rooms 315-318 face alley.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Adam G
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have read some reviews about this hotel prior to booking. It seems like the hotel rooms have been recently renovated. I was keeping my expectations low and hence i liked it better. The room was not very large however it was clean. The bathrooms had bath tubs. The floors are covered with carpets. The bedding was still the old style with blankets. This is something that i do not enjoy very much normally but it was ok. The heating system was not too quick. It had the fan that blew warm air a bit too slowly. I got a room that faced the main avenue with the tram. the Nice Etoile shopping center is just next door. Parking is a bit limited on the street especially day time. You can park at the shopping center covered pay park. Hotel stuff was very helpful. I did not eat at the hotel so not sure how it is. Overall I would suggest, very central. Traffic circulation is not very friendly to get to the hotel by car. Usual one way streets that keeps you looping around. This hotel is ideal for city visits on foot.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank karacali
Reviewed January 1, 2013

After traveling through London, and Switzerland we landed at the Best Western New York in Nice around 8pm after being on the train for 7 hours. It had been booked through our travel agent.

The clerk at the front desk was quite nice, but that was the only good thing about the hotel, or should that be hovel.

Other reviewers have said it is modest. It is not modest it is the most disgusting hotel room I have ever set foot in, hand on my heart and I've stayed in some really modest places.

Upon entering our room and viewing the stained carpet, cracks in the walls and 30 year old furniture...I thought mmmm... Better check the bed. Pulled down the (stained) duvet and yes, pubic hairs in the bed.

Went back downstairs told clerk who said yes we are having problems with our contract cleaners, and we got another room. Again checked the bed and yes, more hairs. Do you see a theme happening?

Back downstairs to clerk. Given THIRD room, three times the charm right? Oh no, I'm afraid not. This room the bedding was stained. And I mean those stains you really really don't want to know what they are. Blood. Urine. Semen. It had the full trifecta.

Sat on the (one) chair and just stared in disbelief that THIS was our accommodation. Considered propping myself in corner to sleep standing up as no way was I getting anywhere near that bed.

Husband read the abject horror on my face and at 9.30pm we decided to leave and yes, literally walk the streets one night before New Years Eve to find alternate accommodation. Fortunately we did and I am not particularly religious but in that moment I did say Thank GOD.

I sincerely urge you Do NOT stay here unless you pack a Hazmat suit.

Avoid like the plague.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank the_fashion_assassin
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel was over-priced, un-modern (best to go to Best Western Madrid). The breakfast buffet was overpriced. Their web site stated 12 euro, but my Expedia (US) stated 9 euro and they would not honor it. They charged for coffee and it wasn't offered in the room. There is coffee and food all over the place that was less expensive, however; if you want to stay in and chill...Not happening. Very loud city life. FLIP SIDE: Close to EVERY THING YOU WANT TO DO. That was a huge plus, you can get this same plus at Madrid (Best Western) with breakfast included. Wi-fi was included. Could not open windows (flip-mode) had to fully open window. PLUS: had my own balcony HOWEVER: wasn't appealing to sit out on. They had construction going on in front of the building--LOUD! PLUS-Right across the street from Monoprix Dept Store. PLUS-Tram right at front door. So: overpriced-get same benefits at Madrid.

Room Tip: Go to BW Madrid and enjoy Nice, Cannes, and Monaco more!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tammy L
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I always love a place with Free wifi. This hotel isn't amazing but it does offer good value. Right in the town centre it's nice and close to everything, about 10 minutes to the beach, and it's cheap. Would be good if they had fridges to keep stuff cold but other then that it was very good. You get what you pay for. Glad we stayed here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel is located in a good shopping area and a 10-minute walk from the beach. The staff are helpful and friendly but the hotel itself is some how worn out. However, as expected from Best Westerns, the rooms are clean and like most other ones, tiny.
It is not a best choice, but considering that I almost checked all hotels (2 and 3 stars) of the area, this was my choice of stay.
I stayed there for 2 nights and I suggest you to check it if you are looking for a reasonable price. Anyway, you get what you pay for and can't expect a 5-star service and 2-star price.

Room Tip: I had a room with the view of the street and could hear the construction which was going on at that...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple