“Bistro Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bistrot de l'Opera
Ranked #1,345 of 1,866 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: Seafood, French, Bar, Mediterranean, Grill, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
London, United Kingdom
“Bistro Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. Starters were caprese salad and chicken caesar salad both very good. The main courses were veal (one with mushroom sauce) and got the thumbs up from us. We were too full up for any dessert. Unpretentious establishment with leisurely service. The best meal we had in Nice.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Still craving another slice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I was here earlier today and loved the staff. Quick service. Helpful host and servers. Delicious pizza. I was nervous about going to a tourist trap and was happily surprised! Just beware of begging ppl while you chat at your outside table. Very bold

• Visited July 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Parfait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband, myself and our 2 children had dinner at Bistro de l'opera on 26/06/2013 and everthing was just great. The waiter was very kind and his recommandation were good. The dishes were all served very quickly, the food was tasty (wa loved the magret de canard and the squid beignet) and the plate were well filled. The decoration is a mix between antique and modern and when the place is crowed it gives an impression of being in a Parisien bistrot. Prices are not to high. We'll definitely go have dinner there again on our next vacation.

1 Thank Valerie D
Melbourne, Australia
“This place is disgusting! Do not waste your money!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I was so disgusted by this place that I had to write about it. The service was absolutely dreadful (we didn't get a menu for 15 mins even though they seated us) but I usually overlook service, I generally care more about the food. However, the food here is absolutely disgusting, which is why I am writing this review! We ordered the mushroom risotto and the cheese gnocchi. If you are a real lover of risotto DO NOT ORDER THIS. It is not a risotto rice, but a long grain. It also comes from a packet from what I can tell. Nothing fresh about it. Absolutely the worst meal I've eaten in my life. The gnocchi was similarly bad. The pasta had a bad texture, the sauce clearly from a jar. Unfortunately I had no wifi at the time, so I didn't check this place out. But if you are reading this, do not go, I can guarantee there are places just as nice in the area that can give you a fresh meal with seasonal ingredients. Otherwise, jam on toast would be more pleasing for you to make at home.

1 Thank jessica e
Vancouver, Canada
“Yum Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

It's June 2013 and we have eaten here three times in past two weeks. I am a seasoned North American business traveller and have visited Europe many times. It is a Bistro. It is not Le Chantecler. It doesn't pretend to be. If you visit visit from Tuesday to Saturday you will have the regular, professional staff I suspect. Sundays and Mondays are days off at restaurants usually so order the fish at your own risk. This is very well prepared and served bistro food at a very reasonable price. We have tried the salads, chicken, duck, pizza, mussels and all are very tasty. I find the staff very friendly and attentive. It is a great location in Old Nice and the prices are spot on. Order a pichet of rosé, a good pizza, relax and watch the world go by.