“Loved it, should have made a little more time”
Review of Blue Beach

Blue Beach
Ranked #52 of 230 things to do in Nice
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We spent the late morning here on my birthday with the kids, and it was totally worth it. Yeah, you pay for the beach chair pads and towels, and pay a premium for drinks and snacks, but it is a nice clean stretch of beach and you can relax. I found the service was friendly enough and having your spot all set up, and nice clean changing rooms and facilities sure beat trying to carry and protect your own stuff on the main beach, which we tried our first day here. Wish we didn't have to leave! This is a "pebble beach" so sandals are useful, but this had the added benefit of not allowing the kids to run away with any speed, if they weren't swimming they just made little rock towers.

1  Thank Jason E
"waves"
"mediterranean"
"riviera"

Reviewed September 27, 2013

It was a beautiful place to visit! There is an old city and gorgeous restaurants and ice cream shops. You can lay on the beach or walk on the promenade. I sat on the promenade and watched people across from the park. There is a little castle you can climb and it looks out over the bay! I was on a cruise and too the train from Villefranche to Nice it was only two stops and it was less than 3 euro return! It was a nice walk to the promenade. It is a great place for sun and relaxing on the beach! The water was quit cold!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to La Plage the day before our holiday in Nice ended and had an enjoyable few hours by the beach and on the beach chairs with a few drinks. The waiter was generally friendly and the drinks were nice, albeit extremely overpriced (€11 for a milkshake for example) however, there is a price to pay for the view and location so this was ok for us.

On our final day we had a few hours to kill before our flight and coupled with all of our luggage, decided to spend a few hours by the beach again. This time we were told that we had to pay €30+ to use the beach chairs but could get a drink at the back and not pay if we wanted. I made the point that we had been the day before and did not have to pay because we bought many drinks and we would only be here a few hours, so there was no point in paying that just to use the chairs. At this point - quite unbelievably - the waiter got very aggressive and went off on what can only be described as a tirade.

Firstly I was accused of lying because it was "impossible" that we were able to use the chairs the day before at nil cost. I can assure you that I was not lying! The waiters tone also got quite aggressive and he raised his voice many times, in front of what was a largely full restaurant at the time. The unfortunate event ended with the waiter shouting "I would love to see this happen in your country!!".

So in summary: Lovely location, expensive drinks and some rude/obnoxious waiters. Unfortunately this gave a slightly unsavoury taste to what should have been a few pleasant end-of-holiday hours. I would go back to Nice but I would not to back to this place.

9  Thank AdamCourtenay
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend this place to anybody who doesn't enjoy rocky entrance to the beach. They have a platform where you can enter the sea without the hassle of rocks making your entry painful. The place itself is pretty good. Selection of food wasn't great, but hey you are at the shore for sea and sun!