“There are pebbles, but it's the French Riviera!”
Review of Blue Beach

Blue Beach
Ranked #35 of 221 things to do in Nice
Rahway, New Jersey
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“There are pebbles, but it's the French Riviera!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

It was a beautiful place to visit! There is an old city and gorgeous restaurants and ice cream shops. You can lay on the beach or walk on the promenade. I sat on the promenade and watched people across from the park. There is a little castle you can climb and it looks out over the bay! I was on a cruise and too the train from Villefranche to Nice it was only two stops and it was less than 3 euro return! It was a nice walk to the promenade. It is a great place for sun and relaxing on the beach! The water was quit cold!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“"La Plage", rude staff and would not go back”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to La Plage the day before our holiday in Nice ended and had an enjoyable few hours by the beach and on the beach chairs with a few drinks. The waiter was generally friendly and the drinks were nice, albeit extremely overpriced (€11 for a milkshake for example) however, there is a price to pay for the view and location so this was ok for us.

On our final day we had a few hours to kill before our flight and coupled with all of our luggage, decided to spend a few hours by the beach again. This time we were told that we had to pay €30+ to use the beach chairs but could get a drink at the back and not pay if we wanted. I made the point that we had been the day before and did not have to pay because we bought many drinks and we would only be here a few hours, so there was no point in paying that just to use the chairs. At this point - quite unbelievably - the waiter got very aggressive and went off on what can only be described as a tirade.

Firstly I was accused of lying because it was "impossible" that we were able to use the chairs the day before at nil cost. I can assure you that I was not lying! The waiters tone also got quite aggressive and he raised his voice many times, in front of what was a largely full restaurant at the time. The unfortunate event ended with the waiter shouting "I would love to see this happen in your country!!".

So in summary: Lovely location, expensive drinks and some rude/obnoxious waiters. Unfortunately this gave a slightly unsavoury taste to what should have been a few pleasant end-of-holiday hours. I would go back to Nice but I would not to back to this place.

8 Thank AdamCourtenay
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome place to relax in Nice”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend this place to anybody who doesn't enjoy rocky entrance to the beach. They have a platform where you can enter the sea without the hassle of rocks making your entry painful. The place itself is pretty good. Selection of food wasn't great, but hey you are at the shore for sea and sun!

Aldinga Beach, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“nice but rocky”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My partner and I visited Nice in July 2013 and went to the beach. we didn't know it was made of rocks until we got there. it was very hard to get into and out of the water and keep yourself up right whilst in there but it was hilarious watching everybody! the locals were wearing sneakers into the water, I am sure they much sit and laugh at all of the tourists struggling to get in and out.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lauren N
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Painful”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This place is unashamedly an overpriced cocky beach resort. The staff are rude and unhelpful, however my visit was unquestionably marred by one of the bars unsafe umbrellas blowing hitting me in the face, and hitting me again by the waiter trying desperately to fix their precious beach bar.

Despite an obviously awful experience, the staff made no attempt to apologise or compensate. They were instead standoffish and rude.

I would recommend staying away, if you're going to be ripped off for a spot in the beach it's always better to do it somewhere that appreciates your custom.

Visited June 2013