NH Nice(Nice)
$167
$655
$621
  • Pool
All reviewsquiet neighborhoodafrican grey parrotchagall museumold townrelaxing hotelsmall poolgarden roomminute walknice small hotellovely boutiquelovely terracehotel is locatedthe ground floorthe breakfast areasea viewlong weekendnice room
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just spent 3 days in Nice at this hotel with my husband. We had a superior room with sea view and it was lovely to wake up to views across the old town out to the Med. Breakfast at 16 euros may seem steep but it is buffet style and there is plenty of choice so we had a substantial meal which saw us through until evening. The staff are delightful and speak English. Within a 10 minute walk there are some very good restaurants, we dined at L'atelier on both evenings. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough but you do need to be fairly fit as it is uphill although you can of course jump in a taxi - problem solved! We liked it so much we are going back in November.

Room Tip: Room 308 on the 1st floor, lovely triple aspect.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2ManySh0es
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I loved the location, the front desk personnel (Patrick welcomed me), the room and the dining area. I took bus 98 from the airport, getting off near the art museum and loved the walk up the hill. I enjoy walking, so that the hill climb was quite a pleasure choosing a different path and direction each day. Since I was attending a meeting at the Acropolis, I found the short walk very convenient and relaxing.

The internet wifi worked well at times, and was totally dysfunctional at other times, the local router locking me out. No one could fix this, but it might work again the next day. Don't count on the wifi.

Room Tip: I chose the less expensive garden view because when I was in my room, I was working. I enjoyed the light and the breeze during the day. When I wanted a view, I took a walk and the expansive view was everywhere around the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank VoiceDoctor
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend here in April with another couple and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff are friendly and helpful, rooms very nicely decorated and the location offers fantastic views. We paid for a sea view and like other travellers would highly recommend doing this! There are three levels, lower ground rooms are beside the breakfast room and have lovely little terrace areas. Upper ground (where we were) is beside reception etc and elevated enough to offer good views. However, the upper floor (where our friends were) offers exceptional views! That said, we had a corner room which offered more space. We had breakfast one morning and found this to be of a good standard but a little limited.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our welcome was first class, and our room was striking. Past reviewers are right - if you take a view room here on the upper floor you may not want to leave that room ever. You get an extraordinary view down the hills to the ocean where you can see sooo much of Nice from east to west. We really felt like royalty - just kept the French doors open and sat and looked.

We actually tried to cancel our next hotel reservation to stay here longer (but couldn't alas). It was so homey, the bed and bath just right.

OK eventually we did have to leave, and we hit some monsoon-like weather (they loan umbrellas). Have to be honest and say you need pretty good heath to march up the 1/4 mile wiggly hill (in the rain several times in our case). But it was worth it for the view and the residential neighborhood).

Must mention the fruit tree terrace/garden with all kinds of fruit-bearing trees and large bowls of these labeled around the place - a super oasis. Totally recommend this.

Room Tip: Absolutely get the view room on the upper floor - it will be worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SueSyo
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this lovely boutique hotel. We were greeted by Patrick after climbing the hill with luggage from the train station (take a cab). He made us feel most welcome in perfect English and gave us a beautiful large room with the most spectacular view of the city and sea. You do pay a price for the view as the 10 minute walk up and down the hill can be challenging and at night we did not always feel safe going through the museum and hospital areas. The full breakfast on the terrace is delightful and should be enjoyed at least once during your stay.

• Stayed: May 2013