My wife and I spent 7 glorious nights at Vista Azzurra over the Easter Holiday 2013. As is my new style of review here are my comments:
1. We had the Chamber Room - the large one on the second floor. It was more of a suite than a room. It was divided into a very large bathroom with shower and huge tub, a sitting room and a large bedroom. The view from the sitting room or the bedroom was exceptional - you had a panoramic view of Nice, the sea and the famous beach. The room was very clean, modern and well appointed. It was very quiet at night and we loved to sleep with the curtain open and see the beautiful ocean and lights in the background.
2. Cathy and Michele are expectional hosts. They go out of their way to welcome you into their home. Make sure to meet their lovely dog - Sushi. Each morning Cathy would prepare a lovely breakfast - we like to eat continental so we would have a croissant, fresh orange juice from their orange trees, her home orange marmalade is to die for, fruit, yogurt and great coffee. She even made us a wonderful lemon tart. We often had nice discussions with Cathy and Michele.
As soon as we arrived on our first day Michele offered us a drink immediately - albeit we settled for water as we had a long trip and felt wine or a liquer would be too much.
3. While the home is up on a hill - you need to accept there are a few steps to climb to get there (although there is a bus that also services the home - but last trip is at 8 pm) we felt that the B & B is ideally located. It would take us by foot - 15 minutes to get to the tram every morning and from the tram you can get to almost anywhere you want. For example you can get to the major train station in a half hour easily - down the hill and take the tram for two stops. We actually found that after having a great meal in Nice that the short walk back to the B & B very enjoyable and we did it a couple of nights in the rain and still loved it. By the way we are close to 60 years old so for anyone younger it should be a cake walk.
4. On our last day as we were transferring to a hotel as we wanted to be close to the airport as we had a very early flight the following day - Michele drove us to our hotel. As we left we felt we were saying good bye to old friends.
In conclusion - if you want to meet two wonderful hosts - Cathy and Michele, you want a beautiful clean and spacious suite, a great view, a great breakfast, and a welcoming B & B - we highly recommend Vista Azzurra.
They also have a pool and wonderful yard but we did not take advantage of it.
To Cathy and Michele we say Merci and Grazie.
Until we see you again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characteristic Nicoise Villa, completely renovated in 2010, comfort and decorated with taste. Situated in a quiet environment, with a panoramic view of the sea and city of Nice. In the garden you find lovely fruit trees and a swimming pool, 5x10m. The pool is illuminated in the evening. Therefore it is possible to take a swim in the evening before sunset. Free WIFI in the whole House.Gourmet Breakfast is served on the pool house or on the terrace.The 2 rooms are both with a private bath room and AC. ... more less