“Loved it! This will get you hooked on cycling.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cycle Cote d'Azur - CLOSED

More attraction details
Owner description: Cycle Côte d’Azur gives you the chance to ride some of the most scenic, challenging and cycle friendly mountain roads in the world! We are a small and friendly cycle tour company that offers day rides, bike hire and full tour packages in Nice and the wider Côte d’Azur. We welcome all cyclists and we have rides of different levels of difficulty, so no matter your level of ability there is a ride for you. You will gain new fitness, skills, confidence.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it! This will get you hooked on cycling.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I'm a pretty novice rider, and I didn't have much experience on a road bike. Still, I wanted to spend my time in Nice doing something adventurous. I am so happy I did. The people I met were fun, the bike I rented was a dream, and the views of the Côte d'Azur were glorious.

Claire was extraordinarily helpful, and John and Levi were great at showing me the ropes. Before long, I was cycling some pretty tough climbs with the more experienced cyclists. I loved my ride so much that I came back two days later for another one.

I could not have been more pleased. Plus, being a student on a tight budget, I was happy that the whole experience was affordable. I would recommend Cycle Côte d'Azur to anyone, no matter their cycling proficiency. I'm hooked on cycling now. I will definitely be going back.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Paul M

Mauldin, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I rode with the Cycle Cote d'Azur crew a total of 4 times after riding in different areas of France on my own. It was a great experience...automatically the staff and guide made the entire group welcome. After my experience riding alone this was a great experience. Never had to worry about where I was and the guide always attentive to everyone's needs, instead I could just enjoy the landscape and views.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank David S
Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best cycling experience you can get on the Côte d’Azur.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was accidentally bumping into Clair from Cycle Côte d’Azur when I was searching for a bike shop in Nice to replace my snapped chain. Not only that she helped me finding one (which was just around the corner from the Cafe du Cycliste shop), she also introduced me to Cycle Côte d’Azur and after I had a new chain on my bike I found myself lined up at Hi Beach on a perfect Sunday morning ready to attack Col de Nice, Col de Braus and Col de Castillon. We were a small group of three riders including Levi our guide and the ride was epic. Nice climbs, where everyone was free to ride his own tempo, stunning views and a great coffee break down in Sospel. Cycle Côte d’Azur is a fantastic experience and a great introduction to cycling in Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Wolf B
Newbury, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great rides, great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Managed to sneak off for three Challenge rides with Cycle Cote d'Azur whilst on hols with the family and loved every minute of it. You can either bring your own bike or hire one from Cycle Cote d'Azur (I did the latter) and then there are a choice of rides (and different levels) running throughout the week. Hats off to Claire, Mike and Levi and would highly recommend for any cyclists visiting the area - the cycling is fantastic in this part of the world and the team at Cycle Cote d'Azur are fun to be with, very helpful and ensure that everyone on the rides gets the most out of it.

1 Thank David P
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful experience, excellent customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Both my boyfriend and myself traveled to Nice, France to compete in Ironman France. We used Cycle Cote d'Azur to rent bikes for the race and to take us on a tour of the course before the race. Claire was extremely helpful in finding bikes for us to ride and was very attentive to our needs. The bikes fit us perfectly and were exactly what we were looking for to use in the race. The tour of the course allowed us to ride the descents, which helped to give us an edge on the day of the race. Claire had also competed in IM France in the past and was able to share her knowledge of the course and the race itself.
Overall, we had a wonderful experience with this group. I would recommend them to anyone doing IM France for rentals, tour of the course, or both.

Visited June 2012