“Absolutely fantastic!”

La P'tite Cocotte
Ranked #56 of 1,906 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Come to discover this small traditional restaurant to the natural colors with its stones and its typical beams of Old city Nice. Take advantage of its wooden terrace in the rise of the street saint-Augustin with a fantastic view over the "Treille" and let delude by the sound of the bells of the church near.The priority of our restaurant is to concoct menus with fresh products which evolve as the seasons go by. Dishes are cooked in "Cocotte" in cast iron.
Stuttgart, Germany
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were a group of 6 and all of us were absolutely exited by the great food. Especially the delicious desserts nearly made me cry. We had a wonderful evening. The service was always friendly and I think 26 Euro for 3 courses are quite cheap for this quality of food, especially in Nice.

• Visited November 2013

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
New Brunswick, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ou mon dieu!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Such a wonderful place!!! It is a quaint little restaurant with beautiful interior. I ordered the lunch prixfixed meal and OMG literally everything on the menu is delicious. I went with three other friends and we all ordered different things in which I tried all the dishes they have to offer. And for those of you that do not like seafood, I recommend you try the seafood(I usually hate fish), it doesn't have that fishy fish taste that turns you away! Yay! Best creme brûlée I've ever had. And Juilliano, yooohoooooo, our waiter, was the best. So much charisma and so handsome. Bon apetit! If you ever visit Nice, this is a MUST GO place to eat for you fine cuisine lovers. Last note: tip is not included.

1 Thank Jesskimbo
“Best things come in small packages!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This small restaurant in the old part of nice is simply a delight! It is a bit hard to find but worth the effort and the walk. Restaurant is very small and hence booking is definitely a must! We walked into the restaurant without a reservation and the staff immediately told us they were fully booked. However, they did manage to give us a table provided we were out by a specific time. It was not a problem for us as it still gave us ample time to enjoy our lovely dinner!

Staff is very attentive and friendly, and despite the limited time, they were not pushy. The restaurant does have a limited menu as it prides itself on using only the freshest of ingredients. The menu also changes regularly depending on the season.

Dinner was delicious and definitely recommended!

• Visited December 2013
Nice, France
“fantastic find, Vieux Nice, small, nice menu, excellent service”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I recently took clients to a dinner and selected this place; having previoulsy wanted to go, but not able to reserve a table at the time we wanted.

Nice, cozy rooms, attentive and engaging service from waiter. I tend to prefer places with limited menus and their 3 choices per course was great. As this was a couple of weeks ago I only really recall that someone had pumpkin soup for starter, and that 3 people had the Chapon for their main and I had rissotto. No complaints for any part of meal. Started with a bottle of champagne and followed that with a Côte du Rhone - red.

Will go back again, and recommend - as the price/quality is excellent and the service was enjoyable.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank TiminNice
Chicago
“A great find thanks to TripAdvisor reviewers!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I made reservations for this place ahead of time as it had very good reviews on TripAdvisor. Our hotel was a 10 min. drive from here so we left 30 min. in advance of our reservations but thanks to Nice traffic in August, no parking, and the very hard to find location of this restaurant, we were 2 hours late! The waiter was sweet and found us a nice table even though we were so late, spoke English well, and brought us the food in a timely manner. The ambiance was cozy and romantic and was away from the crowds. The food was very good; between the two of us we ordered 8 items off the menu and about half of them were excellent and half average or above average. Overall, I recommend this place to couples, friends, and any two people looking for good food and ambiance. It is a very small place so not for families and a bit of a hike off the street (uphill if I recall correctly) so not for older or disabled folks.

• Visited August 2013