“You Won’t Find Better Value For Money in Nice...”

Restaurant L'Instant
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My girlfriend and I were struggling to find any restaurants open in Nice on Sunday evening, however stumbled across Restaurant L’Instant by chance.

From the outside, the restaurant appeared to look more like a cafe, however our exceptions were far exceeded from the moment we were seated.

The restaurant was filled with large groups, which sometimes caused slight delays with service, however the exemplary hospitality provided by all waiters completely outweighed this!

The menu was handwritten in French on a chalkboard, which was a wonderful, unique touch. As our understanding of French is minimal, our waiter kindly took the time to explain each dish verbally. All menu items sounded exquisite which made the decision making process particularly difficult.

We both dined from the ‘3 course for €25’ menu, which is the best value meal you’ll find in Nice.

We both chose the mussels to start. The mussels tasted incredibly fresh and were served with mushrooms in a creamy cheese sauce. I can not stress how delicious this combination was. By far the best starter we’ve eaten during our European travels.

For main course, I selected the beef, whilst my girlfriend chose the duck. Both mains were served with herb infused new potatoes along with roasted vegetables. The accompaniments tasted delicious and complimented the dishes perfectly. The duck was perfectly prepared to my girlfriends request (medium-rare) whilst my beef was served rare. My cut of meat was deliciously seasoned with chimichuri, and red throughout... Absolutely spot on!

With barely any room left for desserts, we chose the cheesecake and tiramisu. Both desserts were presented delightfully and incredibly delicious. Both options were light and homemade.

Each course was served with a complimentary bread basket and a bottle of still water. We enjoyed the bread so much, the waiter offered to wrap some up for us to take home. A lovely touch!

Overall, this dining experience exceeded our expectations from both a culinary and service perspective. We both highly recommend Restaurant L’Instant and would certainly return to explore some of the other menu options in the future!

If you’re able to find a better value meal in Nice, I’ll shake your hand!

1  Thank JonathanWills25
Write a reviewReviews (337)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After 18.30 there is a menu (entree, plates, dessert) for 25 euros.
Food is great,service is good.
I ll come back to Nice and I ll eat here again.

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

The menu is very diverse with a lot of interesting dishes, the food is amazing and the staff is absolutely lovely and attentive.

1  Thank Trip720183
Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

The staff were very patient and kind and the food and drinks were delicious. I came back for a second visit and I will return on my next visit to Nice!!!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 21, 2019

We came here as we stayed up the road,
The food is of high quality and great value for Nice, very helpful staff and always polite
This was our 3rd visit to Nice and god willing wont be the last.
One thing for sure when we do return
we will be coming back to L instant..

Date of visit: July 2019