“Lovely!!”

Hotel La Villa Nice Promenade
Ranked #13 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

A little gem tucked just off the main strip. The rooms thpugh small were clean and modern with funky decor. There was a free continental breakfast which was delicious. The staff were friendly and kind. Well located for the town,beach and airport. A real find and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CSIMaz

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel, gorgeous style and location just set back off the beach and a pleasant walk into the centre. Staff friendly and available throughout the day/evening. Wifi a bit hit and miss but didn't cause too much of a problem for us as we were on holiday!

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as so many beach restaurants (of which there are plenty) offered the same but with gorgeous views!

Would I return...already planning the trip!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank RealMrandMrsC
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I only stayed one night, checking in quite late and checking out quite early the next morning but I was satisfied with the night there. The room was slightly larger than your average room in Nice even though a little small compared to rooms in hotels in the rest of the world.

The check in agent was friendly and efficient and the lobby was clean and well decorated, as was the room. I have had seen some reviews saying the hotel was noisy but I was in a room over looking the side street that the hotel entrance is located on and I can't complain.

There was no fridge in the room which is a big deal for us as we often have food items ready for our 2 year old that need to be kept in the fridge.

There was also no secure room to keep your bags during the day and I was a little dubious about leaving my things in the lounge off the lobby with no tag. Anyone could have walked in and helped themselves.

Internet did not work all night though I think this was a one time problem that the person on duty didn't know how to resolve because the duty manager had resolved it by the time I woke up in the morning. It is a bit further from all the best restaurants and bars (15-20 mins on foot) but no problem if you don't mind the walk and only 1 block back from the beach.

If I stayed here a little longer perhaps I would rate this as very good but not compared to hotels in other countries. It is one of the better hotels in Nice though.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed here as a result of on line reviews and we were not disappointed. Price was affordable for being just one block from the beach and Promenade. About a 10 minute walk to the Old City, across the street from a market, which came in very handy. There's also a nice bistro and cheese shop a few blocks away.
Here's a tip for booking -- if you book directly with the hotel, they give you a split of Champagne, but not if you book through an on line service. The price is the same either way.
Shopkeepers speak English and were very accommodating.
I would definitely return here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the boulevard as they have a nice balcony overlooking the street and a view of the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank rml01752
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I recently returned from a week long break in Nice with my partner. We found the hotel initially very pleasant, the lobby is well decorated and clean. Our room was very small but as the hotel is a City Centre hotel in a older building this is something we expected. The bathroom was quite large in comparison to the room itself and the bed was comfortable. The room did lack some facilities that I would expect in a 3 star hotel, such as tea and coffee making facilities. However on our first night (and every other night) we struggled to sleep due to the incredibly loud street noise. The hotel is situated on a side street around a number of supermarkets and these have deliveries in the early hours of the morning, also the refuse collections also happen in the early hours. Although the hotel has double glazed windows the noise was unbearable. The following morning we spoke to the hotel manager and asked if there was anything that could be done to move us to a room that was not situated directly on a road. In response he shrugged his shoulders and said they were fully booked. Immediately after this he said that the room directly above ours (we were situated on the 3rd floor of the 4 storey building) was available but the noise would be no different (contradicting himself). He then said that we should "Find another hotel" if we weren't satisfied with this. This was not an option for us so we had to make do with ear plugs for the remainder of our trip. The manager also said "This is a city centre hotel, you should have expected noise", after we had explained that we had previously stayed in Los Angeles and New York with no noise issues at all, he again shrugged his shoulders. The hotel was in a great location, clean and the bed was large and comfortable. However with the attitudes of the staff I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy but try to ensure you are at the front of the building as these are not directly...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris R
JACK F, Directeur général at Hotel La Villa Nice Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Hello and thank you for staying in our Villa. I come back to your comment as I am very surprised about my behavior. If during your stay the hotel was full, I had then actually no alternative to offer, concerning noises you sustained. It is impossible to regulate the noise from the street in a city center. Nevertheless, we take note of your comment and we will strengthen the soundproofing of our windows this winter. I'm sorry for this and hope you still enjoyed Nice.
As you can see we actually have a lot of good reviews.
Your sincerely
Jack Fischbach,

Reviewed June 6, 2014

On my recent trip to Nice, I stayed at THe Hotel La Villa Nice Promenade, it was a really good find , my room (4th Floor) was clean and comfortable (although the show could do with more pressure) a great location just back from the promenade des anglais, good choice of restaurants and bars within a 10 minute walk

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank orp73
Reviewed May 25, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in May 2014 for 6 nights in a comfort double room. The room was comfortable but due to the hotel being a 3 star, there is no fridge or coffee or tea making facilities. The reception staff are more than happy to let you make use of a fridge behind reception and you can borrow an iron and ironing board. The hotel is one street back from the prominade and directly across the road from a supermarket. Our room was positioned right on the corner of the building, so we got to enjoy the street noise of a night time. All the staff need to be commended for their professional service and helpful manner. We enjoy a tea or coffee of a morning in our room and the ability to keep a drink or two in a room fridge, so we most probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again. All in all, a nice 3 star hotel in an ideal location for a large variety of restaurants, laundries and personal shopping.

Room Tip: Always read about what hotels provide in the way of amentities and services.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple