“Enjoyed Cote Sud”

Cote Sud
Ranked #1,324 of 1,888 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Alameda, CA
“Enjoyed Cote Sud”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We wandered the restaurant square and finally settled on Cote Sud. Menu looked good, large variety of pizza, pasta, fish, etc. We had calamari to start and then amongst the four of us we ordered pizza's, grilled prawns, and pasta. The pasta is served in a very large bowl, portions were on the large size, good value for money. The only negative is we sat in the outside, covered area with temporary walls that caused two problems: a propane heater near us that made it too hot (it wasn't that cold outside), and the covered sitting area doesn't allow the 2nd hand smoke to dissipate from the smokers. Enjoyed the meal, food was good, service was good.

• Visited April 2013

Tadley, United Kingdom
“Set menu is very good value”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We arrived in Nice having travelled on a delayed TGV from Lille so wanted a restaurant close to where we were staying, and Cote Sud was the first restaurant that we saw. The lady at the front of the restaurant was friendly, despite looking quite cold, and the waiter was charming.

We decided that the 3 course set menu was okay so ordered nicoise salads as starters, with veal for my partner and while I had monkfish a l'orange (which was wonderful). Adding a pichot of rose meant that the total bill was only 40 euros, which we consider excellent.

The service and food make this place stand out but the fact that the lady out the front and the waiter always made time for us even though we didn't eat here again during our stay made us feel very welcome.

• Visited March 2013
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
“Ignore negative comments!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Excellent service and 15 Euros for 3 courses. The waitress and girl on the door were both very friendly. Wine lovely and very good price as well. Tres bien!

“Lobster tasted like a hard cheap rubber”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I ordered a Paella Royal (with a lobster). It was the worst lobster i had ever eaten. It was compeletely tasteless, even worse, it tasted like a rubber. I tried really hard to eat it cuz I paid over 30 euro for that dish, but i could not manage. It was uneatable. Other sea food in the dish is same, no taste at all. The best part of that dish was rice, be honest.
The service was under satisfied, cuz the service man always started talking to us in French(even they knew we do not and speak french at all) But i got used to that after having been travelled in France quite a few times.

I should have checked that restaurant at Travasvisor before I entered there. But it was a random choice, there are sooo many restaurants in the old town area, really hard to tell which is better for a new visitor.

But for those of you who has not visited Nice, please avoid this restaurant.

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Please avoid at all costs!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We wandered past this restaurant which looked inviting enough. Sadly, the food is the worst we have experienced during a month in Europe. I ordered a Nicoise salad and my husband ordered the squid for entree. My salad was a few lettuce leaves and poor quality tinned tuna with a poor dressing and my husband's "squid" was a few deep fried, battered rings of calamari that looked and tasted to be from the deep freezer. I ordered a beef stew pasta and my husband ordered muscles with fries for our mains. My pasta was poorly cooked and perched on top was a large piece of broiled beef, with no sauce and no flavour to speak of, I barely ate half. My husband's muscles were not cleaned properly and not cooked well. Dessert was the big shocker though. Our "chocolate cake" dessert was in fact a slice of what I would happily bet $100 to be a store bought chocolate roll cake with a fake creamy centre and a bit of whipped cream from a can on the side. We barely had 2 mouthfuls. Oh and the service? Our meals were basically thrown down on the tables in front of us! It was so bad that we were laughing with the tables around us about our collective misfortune to have chosen probably the worst restaurant in Nice.

• Visited September 2012