“Our tour with Franck from Toulon was excellent!!”
Review of Revelation Tours

Revelation Tours
Ranked #52 of 108 Tours in Nice
More attraction details
Owner description: REVELATION TOURS became over the years THE specialist of shore excursion on the French Riviera. My name is Michel Legrand, I'm a bi-lingual National licenced tour guide and lecturer, with degrees in history (Sorbonne university) and political science. For more than 10 years I do tours in a different manner, believing that my "mission" is not to give you a lecture, but to provide the tools that will help you to understand, feel, appreciate and finally enjoy those two fantastic regions which are Provence and the French Riviera. Take the chance to discover my region not as a tourist, but as a guest of someone who became guide because he's before anything else a "France lover".
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The price was right and the girls loved Franck. We had a group of 4 couples that used Revelation at our cruise ship stop in Toulon. Franck was great and very knowlegable. We did walking tours of all the places we went and Franck was with us the whole time to explain what we were seeing and the history of it all. He took us to a beautiful mountain top that overlooked the town of Casis and the surrounding country side. Lunch was great at a small outdoor cafe where he knew the owners and helped us order our crepes. All of enjoyed the day and Franck. If you use Revelation, ask for Franck!!

There are newer reviews for Revelation Tours

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We could not have been more impressed with Michel. He was one of the best guides we have ever had. His knowledge is incredible and he imparted many interesting facts/observations of the area on my young children. Great experience and worth every penny. Thanks Michel!

1  Thank shoprdoc
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We visited the Riviera in early May when our cruise ship called on the port of Monte Carlo. To maximize our limited time ashore, I arranged a full-day tour for 8 people through Revelation Tours. I chose Revelation Tours primarily due to the strong endorsements I read on Cruise Critic and I was not disappointed! All the correspondence ahead of time was courteous, timely, and professional. I felt assured that we would have a great day.

Our group met on the ship ahead of time and rode the first tender ashore together. A short time later we met Franck, our guide, and were well on our way before the large ship-sponsored excursions had even landed on the pier. Franck took advantage of the early morning calm to drive us to some very scenic overlooks on the High Corniche. We were among the first tourists to arrive at the small town of Eze. The small streets were almost deserted – which made for some great photos. Next it was off to the flower market in Nice. Later we visited the scenic medieval town of St Paul de Vence. We concluded the day in Monaco, first seeing the famous casino and then finishing up on Monaco rock.

Throughout the day, Franck provided interesting details on the sights we were seeing and shared some fascinating insights about the glitterati who live there. When one of our friends asked some questions about the upcoming Grand Prix, Franck not only provided the answers, he also drove us around the Grande Prix race course.

Franck was a true professional. He kept the tour moving at a pace that was comfortable for us. We never felt rushed. He always suggested amounts of time for each location that were reasonable. Although there were several cruise ships in port that day, the sights never seemed that crowded. Thanks to Franck, we always seemed to arrive in enough time to see the sight just ahead of the big tour buses or right after the buses were leaving. We returned to the port in enough time to leisurely board the tender and return to the ship. As the tender pulled away from the pier, we could look back and see the first of the large ship’s tours returning to the port. Bravo, Franck!

We had a great orientation to the French Riviera thanks to Revelation Tours and Franck, our tour guide. We heartily recommend them to anyone who (like us) has a lot to see and a limited amount of time.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

We were in a group tour from Toulon to Aix, Cassis and Castellet. Our guide offered no commentary whatsoever and simply drove us places (yes, they were beautiful) but never showed us anything. We were simply dropped off and told to be back to meet the van in several hours. My wife and I enjoyed wandering and seeing various sites but we missed the value that would be provided with a real guide. Cost of our tour was 87.50 EU per person (175 EU per couple).

I think for what we got, our price should have been 25EU for the shuttle service.

6  Thank ApolloBeachRetiree
Michel L, Gérant at Revelation Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

This tour was provided by a different company, not Revelation Tours.
Up to 2011 we got several bookings it may happened that we had to work with another company, it's something we do not do anymore.

Reviewed December 17, 2010

We just finished a cruise that had a port stop in Toulon. A group tour was organized with Revelation Tours. Basically, it was atransportation. We were met at port and taken to Aix where we were let out and told to be back in two hours. There was no commentary on the way, no guide around the village. We were provided with a map. Next we were driven to a scenic overlook but, again, no commentary. After lunch at a very nice (and reasonably priced) restaurant, we were given an hour to wander through the town but no guide. I have a card from the restaurant but I can't figure out what the name of the village was from it and we sure weren't told. Following that we were driven back to port, not a word from our driver. Several times we asked what village we were passing through so we could find it on their map. For this we paid 175 euros per person.

6  Thank tuckerintexas

This tour was provided by a different company, not Revelation Tours.