All reviews comfort room train station le sejour cafe old town executive room walk in shower boutique hotel minute walk great shower small lift large bathroom good size bathroom floor family room nice breakfast would definitely stay here again comfortable bed
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located in the centre of Nice easily accessible to the beach, train station and restaurants and shops. The reception area is beautifully decorated. It has a very small lift (maximum 3 people) but surprisingly it was never busy and never crowded. Each room has its own balcony so it was nice to look outside from time to time.

One day we noticed our tv wasn’t working so I spoke to a lady at the desk if someone could look at it next day and when we came back to room after day out, tv was on! What a nice surprise :) We didn’t try breakfast there and regretted not to include breakfast when booking as the cost would be much better. I struggled to find a good cafe/ place to have breakfast nearby. Either closed or poopy food for the price!

Only downside I can think of is slow internet. I ended up using my data instead as the connection was just too slow. Also I think room wasn’t vacuumed everyday I find my hairs on the floor around my bed most of days during my stay. I assume it was vacuumed twice during my stay(4nights).

Overall I has a comfortable stay and deffo will stay at victor hugo again.
I already miss hot french summer!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

After staying for four nights, it’s fair to say that our experience was very good. The ‘Executive’ room we had booked, was big by French standards, had a comfortable bed, and a large bathroom with an invigorating shower. Housekeeping did a great job, and reception staff, although to the point, were always helpful.
The hotel is a comfortable ten minute walk from the beach. There are also convenience stores a couple of hundred metres away, but the biggest plus for ourselves was the hotels location right next to three great restaurants, Le Sejour, Mon Petit Café and Restaurant Davia.
If you’re looking for a typically French hotel, as opposed to a ‘chain’ type, this is well worth looking at.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2018

We stayed here for five nights. The room was large, the AC worked well, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious and the shower worked well. But the best thing about our room was the view out to the hills to the west. We had beautiful sunsets to look at every night. Breakfast had some hot items as well as the usual breads and cereals. The coffee machine made good coffee and cappuccino but it was so noisy it was distracting. And yes, they are doing road work along Victor Hugo but it did not pose any problems for us. My only real negative about the hotel was the desk staff. They were courteous, and some were helpful, but they certainly didn't go out of their way to be friendly.

There are lots and lots of restaurants just within a few blocks of the hotel and prices to fit every budget but I would like to recommend a few that are just steps away. "Mon Petit Cafe" and "Le Sejour Cafe" are both just around the corner. Both are a little pricey and you must have a reservation but you will have a fabulous French dinner at either. And just a block down Victor Hugo to the east is "Aux Deux Palmiers" with great food, reasonable prices, and very friendly service. If you would like something simple like a sandwich or salad, try "Boulangerie Paul" which is about four blocks to the east on Victor Hugo.

We were able to walk to almost everything from the hotel which was great. The beach is just a few blocks away. Be sure to visit Cours Saleya flower market in old town. We had a wonderful morning walking around the stalls there. The one time we took a bus was to go to the Chagall and Matisse museums which are both on the same bus line. But HERE'S A TIP FOR YOU. When you buy a bus ticket, even if you buy it directly from the driver, be sure to validate it in the machine that they have on the bus and make sure it prints a validation on it. We did not do this and were pulled off at a check point and fined 40 euros each.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor facing west.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandi_from_KC
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights at the end of July 2018. The hotel is in a great location - 10 min walk to the main train station, similarly within 10 min walk down to the Old Town and the beach. We had breakfast included each morning - great selection of cold and hot foods and freshly ground coffee or espresso. Service was great - they arranged for a ride to the airport for us on our departure. The room itself was lovely - it was on the 6th floor and had a beautiful view of the old church across the road. Lots of space and a spacious bathroom with a lovely rainfall shower head with fantastic water pressure - this is key when it’s so hot in Nice!! The room was always cool and refreshing with great A/C. We were able to sign out beach towels when we went down for a swim in the Mediterranean over the course of our stay. We had a wonderful time here and would return again!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kerri-Ann K
Reviewed August 2, 2018

A great short break for my daughter's 21st birthday! The hotel staff were polite, friendly & efficient, our room was beautifully clean and nicely decorated with a modern bathroom which was serviced daily, the extensive choice of breakfast was delicious and the hotel was well located just a short (10-15 min) walk from the beach and old town. Highly recommended, it exceeded all our expectations!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel