“hotel azure rivera”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Azur Riviera
Ranked #192 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed April 2, 2014

It's a dirty and squallid place. I think the poorest in Nice. The location is good because is in the center, near to everithing. Rooms are comfortless, with only essential services. Personal is quite good, but not enough to give a good quality standard

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Michele T

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Having read very mixed reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect, but i was very happy with the hotel. No its not the Ritz, but for a budget hotel in Nice, it was very clean, cosy and friendly. Most importantly for us it was near the main railway station in Nice(Nice Ville). The staff couldn't have been more helpful, even trying to get my Kiwi partner to speak a little French! There are a few restaurants and fast food places within a two minute walk, and a pleasant 10 minute stroll takes you down to the sea front via a busy street full of shops and bars.

Room Tip: We had room 103 which was at the end of a gloomy corridor, but I had the best nights sleep(two singl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thornbabe
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel is dated.Carpet needs deep wash and clean.The bed sheets had one or two hairs from unknown donors,although were clean.The T.V. does not come with a remote so I had to get up every time I wanted to change the channel.In the bathroom a soap was left in the bath from the previous occupants.Our toilet leaked when flushed.Although they said there was a certain way you had to hold the flash handle!!! Careful with the plugs as they come off the wall and not attached properly.
I wasn't informed about the breakfast on arrival.There was no information notices.I found out from the hotel website they offer a french breakfast of 4 euros and a more full breakfast of 8 euros.There was no-one to observe what breakfast you got but we had what the french offer was.In the end the owner said they don't do that anymore and I have to pay 16 euros.I told him about the website and he couldn't believe it.So,the information was contradicting.
There weren't any of the door tags you normally get to say ''don't enter'',''don't clean'',etc.There wasn't any info on what number to dial to get to reception.
It was extremely hot (34 degrees) and no fan.We kept the windows open but couldn't sleep as the street busy and noisy throughout the night.

All in all,disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I love this place. I first found it a couple of years ago and every time I stay there, the improvements are overwhelming.

The rooms have this new sexy lighting, the renovated bathrooms are spotless, with the wall mounted, flat screen TVs I got to watch the French Open truly LIVE, and the FREE Internet connection is now throughout the hotel.

Bernard, the owner, brought his son Sylvain on board and he knows Nice very well and is more than happy to direct you to anything you need.

It's perfectly located near the train station, the main shopping street, which takes you to Old Town and the beach.

What more do you need? It's all here. There is no better value in all of Nice, believe me, I've looked.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank fkbkpk
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We arrived to this cozy hotel couple of weeks ago, stayed for 4 nights. The room was just like I thought it would be, nothing fancy but everything you need from a hotel room if you don't plan to stay there the whole time. Clean room and sheets, cleaner coming every day changing towels, taking out trash, normal stuff. It took one day to learn how to get hot water from shower but I guess that's how it is everywhere.

The staff was very friendly, everytime we left the hotel/came back we were greeted with a smile. The fee to use the safe in room is not bad, 4€/day. The whole atmosphere of this hotel was welcoming, if you rather stay in a home-like hotel than a big place with long halls.

Location for us was just perfect, lots of small boutiques near, Nice Etoile shopping mall 5minutes walk from hotel, many cheap bistros and restaurants were also 5-.10minutes away from the hotel. The train station was 5min walk and the bus stop for 99 going to the airport was also close. 15 minute walk to the beach.

Only negative thing I have to say is, we didn't have AC as it was really hot in the nighttime eventhough the window was open. We still managed to get sleep well, but next time we'll be asking for a room with AC.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pekka700
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed this hotel with a couple of friends and it was perfect for what we needed. It is definitely a no frills hotel but that is all we needed for the weekend. The location is fantastic with the train station and tram line very close.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank dmburge
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

The rooms here are unclean, the staff unhelpful & there are hidden charges such as the luxury of using the safe located in your room is an added 40 euro.

This hotel would rate lower than most HOSTELS I've stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2012