“Good enough for us”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Azur Riviera
Ranked #192 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed this hotel with a couple of friends and it was perfect for what we needed. It is definitely a no frills hotel but that is all we needed for the weekend. The location is fantastic with the train station and tram line very close.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank dmburge

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

The rooms here are unclean, the staff unhelpful & there are hidden charges such as the luxury of using the safe located in your room is an added 40 euro.

This hotel would rate lower than most HOSTELS I've stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank LondonClaire80
Reviewed June 18, 2012

A 2 stars hotel,confortable,in the center of the city.Very good value.We took our breakfeat in a coffee in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Suzytelaviv
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel refused to cancel a booking made by mistake, when asked to do so ONLY 9 MINUTES after the booking was made.

The check in date was more than TWO WEEKS AWAY, and in one of the busiest weekends of Nice/the French riviera during the year.

I was going to Nice with my daughter for two specific night. As we were unsure if we would stay with friends or need a hotel, I looked after a hotel with free cancellation.

By my own fault, I managed to place a non-refundable booking with Azur Riviera, instead of a hotel with free cancellation that I also looked at. When I got the booking confirmation and saw the cancellation policy, I immediately phoned the booking site who immediately called hotel Azur Riviera. The log of the booking site confirms that they requested the hotel to delete the wrongful booking only 9 minutes after the booking was made.

I expected that even if I had in fact made a non-refundable booking, the hotel would agree to delete the booking at no cost. Why did I think so? They were notified immediately (IN 9 MINUTES) of my mistake and my wish to delete the wrongful booking. They could not have suffered any loss or inconvenience due to it. Any other choice appeared to be totally unreasonable, ungrounded, bad service in the extreme and flat out exploitation of my mistake.

What happened: The hotel chose to stand on their legal right to take my money. They held me to it.

At first they tried to put me off be saying that they COULD NOT allow free cancellation of the booking, that it was impossible. The hotel did not answer my questions as to what precisely stopped them from making a free choice in the matter, so I have to conclude that they were not honest when telling me that they could not choose to let me have the free cancellation. It was up to them.

They also tried to tell me that it was the booking site that stood in the way of free cancellation. Well, not right; the booking site immediately offered to waive their right to a provision and told me that it was up to the hotel to accept the cancellation or not. So again, up to Azur Riviera.

I repeatedly asked what specific losses or inconveniences my 9 minute booking had given them. They replied to my e-mails, but carefully avoided answering my actual questions. So, they gave no explanation for why they choose to stand on their legal rights. My conclusion have to be that they have no real grounds, nothing that can make their behavior understandable and reasonable. Nothing that can make their choice fair and take away the exploitative aspect.

I find their behavior shocking, greedy and ruthless. I find it impossible to see this as anything else but the ruthless exploitation of my mistake.

When I realized that hotel Azur Riviera was in fact going to behave in this ruthless way, I asked them to uphold my booking. As I would have to pay the full cost of the room also in case of cancellation, I did not want to give the hotel the opportunity to rent out the room to someone else and cash in even more from my mistake.

So did I go there? Of course not. I would not have felt safe there, after how they treated me. They had shown me what they really were, and it was impossible for me to trust them enough to sleep under their roof, give them my passport and expose myself to further claims from them by showing up there.

My advice to anyone considering to stay here is; be very careful, don't expect anything resembling fairness or consideration from this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Florabella12
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I loved my stay! The promenade des anglais is wonderful! The Hotel is located in the center and it was a great point to go everywhere walking. It was clean, the room was nice and the breakfast is good. The price was low for such a quality! The hotel should have been renovated when I arrive because everything seemed new.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sacha J
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I have never seen such a worse hotel in my life! if there is lower quality of this place to sleep in street. we stayed around one week with my family , even one time housekeeping did nt come to our room despite we warned.... idiot reception ,terrible room, disgusting breakfast...at the end. do not make mistake..if necessary do not pass in front of hotel azur riviera.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank herzaim
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Do not stay in this hotel. Its filthy.
You sick to the carpet in the rooms its so dirty.
The bathroom is disgusting. When ou flush the toilet it leaks.
No hot water. No door on the shower. When you run the tap in the sink, the sink leaks all over the floor.
No A/C.
I'll save the best til last.
Bed bugs. We both woke up in the night with insects crawling all over us. And bites everywhere.
It was so bad we left at 5am.
A horrible experience.

Room Tip: Choose no room. Dont stay at this hotel unless you want to be eaten by bed bugs.