“Horrendous! Please read before booking.”

Days Inn Nice Centre
Ranked #121 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Awful. Absolutely awful. Unfortunately had to stay in this hotel on a school trip and for a start they took over half an hour to get us all through the door of the hotel. This is not ideal when the temperature is almost 40 degrees. The bedrooms were tiny and dirty. Staff were arrogant and only provided one room card per room and so it was easily forgotten and they scared some of the students when they asked for a temporary replacement. Food was horrible too not even cooked usually and even the teachers refused to eat it. Wifi rarely worked either. The staff started an argument with my teachers over the room card situation and it got so bad we had to change hotels! Nightmare. WIll NEVER stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

It is an affordable hotel with Internet functioning ok. Not that fast but ok. The breakfast was good, one croissant, one or two bread rolls and coffe/tea. Ham, cheese, yoghurt and jam. The staff was very friendly and the cleaning lady even folded my pajamas. They also had these great little soaps from Fragonard- a great touch! The rooms were very big but I do no like wall to wall carpet. Not too far from the train station, which is positive in one way but you shoul also be careful with where you go. Not too far from the hotel the worst part if the city starts...

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 13, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Hotel was great but the guests were very loud and noisy and nothing was done about it. Shower room very small and there was very strong ammonia type smell all day long

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Shashi C
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was the last leg of our journey and we were a group of 21 people. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Our rooms were comfortable although the bathrooms were small but it is to be expected in a city hotel. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and I slept wonderfully each night that I was there. The hotel is located 5 minutes from the commercial street, Jean Médecin and is a 15 minute walk to the beach or you can just pick up the tram on the main street. Our breakfasts and dinners were plentiful and served either in a buffet style or family style. They also made accomodations for dietary restrictions. I have read some of the other reviews and am shocked that our experience was so different. Yes, there was only one room key, but it was not difficult to deal with. We had 12 different rooms and not one person in the group complained of a room being insufficient or that they lost a room key.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank mmesylv
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have travelled extensively throughout Europe and I can safely say this is the worst hotel I have experienced. The main issue was the incredibly unhelpful, and at times, downright disrespectful attitude demonstrated by the staff. Here are a few issues that I urge you to consider, should you be contemplating booking this hotel.
1. One of the rooms occupied by my party had faulty air conditioning. We were in Nice at the end of June where temperatures soared to over 35 degrees. We literally had to beg staff to provide a fan and they refused to let us change rooms.
2. We were paying on a half-board basis, expecting to be given a hearty evening meal each night. One meal consisted of slices of pork, accompanied by lettuce and tomato. Nowhere near adequate for our requirements.
3. Each room occupied by our party was only given one key card. Accidents happen and sometimes, cards got locked into the rooms. The receptionist was EXTREMELY rude and unhelpful when we were forced to go and ask for a temporary replacement.
4. The staff in this hotel have no concept of customer service or what is appropriate. We returned from one of our day's travels to discover that they had been taking photographs inside one of our rooms - our crime? There were clothes on the floor! Needless to say, once this happened, we were out the door and straight to a new hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I travel extensively and I try to be fair in my evaluations. The Hotel Nicea staff are excellent and professional. The room was very clean. It is located near great shopping and sea is close by. At night Nice is a vibrant centre with a plethora of eating establishments. The hotel is NOT a three star hotel. It is located in a rougher area near the train station. The room was small and dingy. The price was reasonable but I have stayed in better accommodations for less money. Trying to get to the hotel by car was a nightmare. I circled around the block, only to find that I almost entered a traffic restricted zone twice. There are easier ways to spend a night in Nice. Although the staff work hard, I would give this place a pass on my next trip ang find somewhere that I will find more comfortable, a place to unload my bags and an easier passage for my car.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple