“not bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #78 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Hainburg an der Donau, Austria
“not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The rooms are clean, have a bed, a TV, a bathroom and that's about it. But actually all you need for a couple of nights if you're on a budget, and the location is perfect, too (near the beach and right next to the bus stop). However, the biggest problem is the parking, if you're coming by car, it is extremely hard to get a parking space everywhere around the hotel at any time. In the end I had to go to a garage where I paid around 8 euros for 4 hours, which would be quite expensive if I had to let my car all night. Luckily I found one spot in the street in the evening, but I wouldn't count on it. Otherwise, it would be a great accommodation for this price, if they provided guests parking.

Room Tip: rooms are all fine, not too big but nice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've stayed in this property several times when it was named Etap Hotel. Now it's basically the same but some of the rooms have improved and they are less noisy than before. If you get a room with a sea view it can be quite nice. The beach is only one block away from the hotel and it's lovely. There are several buses leaving nearby going to the train station and other places nearby Nice (Monaco, Antibes, Cannes, etc)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had an unexpected overnight in Nice before a cruise and stayed here. We are in our 60s. This place would be okay for those in their 20s. The room is tiny but had sleeping areas for 3 9with a bunk bed.) Nevertheless, the price was right and we are walkers so walking into town was not a problem. The staff was helpful. Be Aware--the taxis from the airport (about a 5 minute 3 mile ride) charge 30 Euro! Quelle Surprise!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel without paying attention to the followings:
"Budget" means almost no facility (even there was only 1 plug in the room), very poor quality of bed and very bed smelling bathroom. I'll certainly never ever try another IBIS Budget for the sake of having an economical accomodation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Travelers are raving about these Nice hotels

Kettering, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

stayed at this hotel to be able to visit monaco,great location and to be able to catch bus right outside hotel to monaco,breakfast was good as you can eat as much as you like!!receptionist was very helpfull,travelled on a motorcycle and was able to park bike on pavement

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Woodbridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

So I picked this hotel as I was going to the 2013 Monaco Grand Prix and all other hotels jacked up there prices and I couldn't afford the nicer hotels so I will say this hotel was excellent value for money.

I am a little hard on this hotel because I work for a very large hotel chain in Canada and was disappointed with the minimal level of service of this hotel but I will explain everything.

The Bad!!!
The front desk staff were in no other words horrible. I was travelling to Nice from Canada all by myself (im 26) and was just hoping to get basic directions around the city. If you don't speak French good luck. I was told I could walk from Nice to Manaco in half an hour. When in fact its a 45min bus ride or 2 hour walk. When I asked for bus directions I had to ask 3 people to finally get a straight helpful answer.
I cut my leg one day and asked for a Band-Aid. I was told the hotel doesn't have a first aid kit so I just stood there with a bloody foot not knowing what to do.
You go to a hotel like this understanding its small but the bathroom was a laughing matter. The toilet roll holder is in the middle of the toilet, I am a very skinny person and I mean skinny and I could not sit properly on the toilet. I had to angle myself as no matter how you sit the toilet paper holder is in your way. The shower is very small almost cruise ship like comes to mind but that didn't really bother me just a warning for people who are a little larger beware the washrooms here.
The neighborhood its in is another matter. THERE IS NOTHING AROUND IT!!!! you have to walk for miles to find restaurants or shopping in the area. Ill never forget the first night I wanted to go party in the area the guy at the front desk warned me if your by yourself don't walk the streets alone its not safe. I did anyways as I was not going to be a prisoner in my room on my vacation. At night the streets are filled with prostitutes and shady people but if I never felt like is was in danger.
Also walls are paper thin and doors slam very loudly. Lets just say I could hear my neighbours ummmm private activities at night in full detail.

The GOOD!!!!!
Mattress was comfortable and the housekeepers did a very good job cleaning. Never found it dirty but when I checked in there was some musty smells but I cracked the window and it went away.
Hotel is very close to the airport and bus terminal especially if your looking to go to Monaco etc...
You are also steps away from the beach which gives you excellent walking and cycling paths.

My Verdict
If you are coming from North America be prepared. Bring a tablet or I pad if you have one as if I did not bring mine I would have been lost. Tablet more useful for directions than front desk staff.
If you just need a room and are on a budget this hotel is great. JUST DON NOT EXPECT ANY LEVEL OF SERVICE. You are just getting a room out of it. If it were not for the crazy prices of F1 weekend I would have opted for a bit of a nicer place but this hotel did the job.

Room Tip: Do your homework on the area before you arrive. Bring a computer or tablet this will prove handy als...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jface87
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

The hotel is well located for the promenade, the beach and the airport, with secure car parking located directly across from the hotel. One of the main public bus routes is directly outside of the hotel with access to the city centre in 10 minutes. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was a little basic (which isn't necessarily reflected in the price) but the linen, towels and room was generally very clean. It's also worth noting that the hotel was previously an 'Etap' hotel and so gives an indication of the 'budget' quality of the rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple