Hotel Vendome
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel H33(Nice)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
All reviewsbreakfast roomold towntrain stationbreakfast was excellentfirst floorlovely hotelcours saleyathe main shopping streetpublic areasquiet locationdouble roomflower marketsea frontsouth of francemin walkthe air conditioningbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a well located, well kept hotel, which has retained much of its character. The entrance is through a courtyard with un-encouraging buidlings on the street side,and signs that tell you that you are lucky if your car is parked in the car park and don't complain, but once inside you can relax.

the reception staff are very welcoming, both for check in and check out. They are helpful and everything is clear. I was very impressed with the hotel mini bar - excellent value. Breakfast was ample, but not extravegant.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean, although not recently decorated, there was nothing to give a bad impression. I would definately stay there again if I was in Nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fitzcaraldo
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel has a great location. It's just a few blocks away from the old town and the shopping mall Nice Etoile is close by. The entrance hall and the adjoining public spaces are very beautiful, so he first impression was very good. The room was not up to the same standard, but it was clean and tidy. The same goes for the bathroom. The room was a little cramped and it was too warm (the heating was on), but these were minor issues. They charge 15 euros for breakfast, which is too much. Instead of having breakfast at the hotel, pop in some nice café and I quarantee you will find better breakfast at the better price almost anywhere at Nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Trying to get a reasonably priced hotel in Nice in July-August was not easy! Hotel Vendome was one of the few available for the days we were in Nice, so I was not expecting too much. However, I was very pleasantly surprised! First of all, the hotel was in a great location - a few blocks away from the train station, and walking distance to the beach, the old city as well as quite close to the downtown and shopping. The room was fine - quite spacious, clean and airy. I read a review about the man at the front desk being rude and unhelpful. I don't know if it's the same man, but the man I dealt with was more than helpful to me! He spent a lot of time answering all my questions, recommending places for me to see as well as pointing them out on the map. However, I did feel the service at breakfast wasn't that great - although, like most places, it was a breakfast buffet, and you serve yourself, the elderly lady working there was quite fussy and kept looking at the watch everytime we passed her to help ourselves and that made us feel uncomfortable, even though there was at least 20 minutes left for the breakfast to end. But other than that, it was certainly a good stay - and well worth our time in Nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tia D
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Having read other reviews, we were prepared to be slightly disappointed. But instead we got a nice surprise. The room we got was a good size (especially after the tiny one we left last night in Paris) with a little Juliet balcony overlooking a really fancy sushi restaurant. The bathroom was a good size with a double sink and a hair dryer (unlike the one in Paris). 3 single beds were comfy, and there is tv with CNN. The man at the front desk was not rude nor unhelpful, but you could tell he wasn't interested in being friendly. We got given a map and he circled the main areas to go. Despite having checked into 4 hotels in the past 10 days without needing any documentation, he insisted we give him a "voucher". Well, this was an Internet booking made about 3 months ago off a credible site which we had no problems with prior to this one. Very odd. Would still recommend it because overall the hotel is still great for the price!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Redrosehorse
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The price is right but the service at the front desk is terribly rude!!! After one night we left. Although we like the price and the location, it is not worth the terrible service at the front desk.
When my daughter and I arrived at the hotel, we had one large suitcase and there was no one that offered to help us up the flight of stairs with our oversized bag. We were looking for a recommendation for dinner, where to go and what to do on our first night in Nice.... We got nothing from the man at the desk. If you don't want any type of ambience or service and you are ok with a small, clean shabby room, this is your place...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family