“Recommended for other young couples!”
Review of Hotel Le Seize

Hotel Le Seize
Ranked #108 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed with my girlfriend for five nights in the double comfort room, we really enjoyed the stay for the price we paid. Great location to visit attractions, the old town, the beach and shopping by foot. Friendly and helpful staff that guided us e.g. how to travel to Cannes and Monaco.
The room was small, but not a problem if you don't spend most of your time there. The mini-fridge didn't work so well, but otherwise I can't complain. The rooms looked the same as the pictures.

We ate breakfast in the city instead of the hotel, in my opinion I think that's a better choice if you have time and want to eat your breakfast in a beautiful surrounding.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis S

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was there only one day and didn't want to spend a lot of money,so I booked through easy jet hotels company hotel in the centre without thinking twice and without checking reviews.And then I saw reviews which was mostly negative but it was too late cancel as it was non refundable .But I was surprised in a good way when I arrived.I don't know may be it was recently redecorated ? Or changed owner or manager ?but hotel looks like newly and recently decorated,very clean,all new equipment ,even mini bar-what is not typical for 3 stars hotel.Personal was very polite and helpful.Location is very central.All what you could wish if you don't want to spend much money for the clean and nice room in a nice place

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Olga F
Hotel L, Responsable réception at Hotel Le Seize, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

dear Madam, dear sir,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

In reply to your comment about the photos and the comments on Tripadvisor, unfortunately Tripadvisor hasn't yet updated our hotel information and photos as per our request, which unfortunately does give a bad image for a newly renovated hotel.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 33 (0)4 93 80 76 11.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty.

Justine

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. Room was tiny but both the room and bathroom was newly decorated, in very tasteful modern style. The reception was very friendly and helpful. Great location with walking distance to both old and new town and beach. Shops and eating places in the neighbourhood. Quiet during the night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Reisepia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed there again for a few nights. The decor in my room had been transformed since the last visit. There's a new shower and wash basin and wc. New wardrobe and counter, along with some tastefully wood panelling on the walls. There's new carpet and the ensuite (a bit small) has been retiled.
Still very good value especially considering the location- 5 mins to stop for airport bus (98), 10 mins to the beach, 5 mins to main shopping street, 5 mins to the old town.
I found each one of the staff very pleasant and polite.
I would agree with previous reviewer, that at night, it can be noisy outside due to a night club down the road and bin trucks have a habit of working thru the night, so yeah, you kinda have to keep the windows closed, however I normally kept it open for fresh air.
There are brand new air con units in the room, and helpfully they have added additional electrical sockets/ power points.
Probably the only problem in my room, was the very small shower- you need to be careful to make sure the shower curtain almost makes a seal with the wall to avoid soaking the whole place. And the fridge remains which is good.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank fanuimhirahaon
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on two different visits to Nice and thought it was just fine, especially for the price. I have noticed, like many other cities, that Nice hotels have rates that fluctuate with dates and days, but overall the price I received on this hotel was probably the lowest for the proximity to central Nice. The room was very adequate (better than other "like" rooms) and I didn't have a problem with it. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a better price, no hassle, friendly staff, and an overall good stay

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ERIC W
Reviewed August 16, 2013

no hairdryer in the room, no safe in the room. Elevator is older that my grandmother. Breakfast is extremely poor even for 8 EUR per person.
noisy - as there were few bars nearby the hotel so we could not open the window.
water did not drain at all in waterbasin so we had to brush the teeth in the shower.
room was clean, and i would say rather good.
lady at the reception (from the South Africa) was wery friendly and helpful and spoke proper English which is not so easy to find in that area )))
the only advantage of this hotel is its location.

Room Tip: choose other hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ilona K
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We arrived at Hotel de Kent one day late, and were not able to contact the hotel staff because we did not have a French handphone number. Because they marked us as a no-show on the first day, they billed us for the room for the full 4 days, and kept a room for us. However when we arrived the next morning to inform the receptionist of our check in, the English lady with short blonde hair started cursing at us and in front of my wife, started saying things like ''[--] it'' while trying to get our room ready, which was already available for us in the first place. She took abut 30 minutes to get this done, cursing all throughout. We kept trying to inform her we were no longer interested in staying at a place that has given such a disgusting experience, and confronted her about all her cursing. She followed by denying all the allegations and even said she was so moral that she would never swear, yet at the same time saying ''I never said [--] or [--] it. It's french.'' When asked to contact upper management, she refused to give a contact and we left. DO NOT go to this hotel unless you are wishing for an unhappy visit to France and burning a hole in your wallet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple