If you are looking for the perfect hotel to stay in Nice on a short visit without a car and on a moderate budget, this is the place. It is ideally located to the Vieille ville, the Marche aux fleurs and the Promenade des Anglais. Our standard room was very clean and had a balcony facing the back street. We actually used it as an outdoor fridge for our little dog's food since the ouside temperature was pretty cold.
You can have your breakfast delivered to your room at no extra charge (classic breakfast as opposed to a more varied and hot breakfast if you go down to the eating area with eggs, ham, etc...) until noon! We travel a lot and we have never seen such service which can be very useful for travelers still struggling with jet lag.The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We bought fresh products (saucisson, olives, cheese...) along with olive bread or rustic bread at the market for lunch.
If you decide to dine at one of the numerous restaurant located on the Cours Solaya, make sure to check your bill for additions you did not order. I am a native French speaker and the only time I did not speak French to order our meals, the restaurant staff tried to sell us a more expensive wine, or menu and even added 2 coffees we never ordered.
Overall, this is a great place that we highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Nice Marché aux Fleurs hotel enjoys an exceptional location, on the beachfront and directly overlooking the Promenade des Anglais. This 4-star hotel with 49 rooms, but no lift, is just a few yards from the tram route and 5.3 miles from Nice International Airport. Staying at the Mercure Nice Marché aux Fleurs hotel provides you with an ideal base in the town center, in Old Nice, a short walk away from Cours Saleya and its famous Flower Market. Free WIFI and 3 public paying car parks nearby. Breakfast room and bar fully renovated in 2015. Charming hotel with Provence-inspired rooms. Located on the French Riviera, the Mercure Nice Marché aux Fleurs hotel offers a prime location on the Promenade des Anglais, facing the sea, allowing a direct access to the beach. In Nice city center, more specifically in the Old Town, the Mercure Nice Marché aux Fleurs hotel is adjacent to the Nice Opéra. Discover the French Riviera while being just steps away from the Flower Market and the Cours Saleya. Enjoy its outstanding location to visit or to hang out in the lively area of Nice historical center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mercure Nice Marche aux Fleurs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Nice Marche Aux Fleurs Hotel Nice
- Accor Nice Marche Aux Fleurs