“I enjoyed staying at this hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Anis Hotel

Anis Hotel
Ranked #110 of 204 Hotels in Nice
bournemouth
“I enjoyed staying at this hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, I found the room well appointed and clean, the public areas and the pool were superb, I stayed there for two nights, the staff were very helpful, on the second night we tried the restaurant, it was well worth it, no more expensive than going into the center of nice, and the staff were motivated, attentive, it was a very pleasant experiance.!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

The photo of the room looks nice on the website.
When I opened the door, bad smell hit me, room was dark, everything old and dirty. Needs new carpet and furniture. Half of the glass shower door missing, the rest falling apart.
Stayed only one night, would not recommend this hotel.

Breakfast was good, only the scrambled eggs were cold.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Nice hotels

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stay Away! Simple as that! The rooms are tired, they try to rip you off for a beer and the front desk are unhelpful, disorganised and rude! Their inability to book my travel buddy and I a cab to the train station with our Bikes - we had been on a bike tour - was the last straw! After being advised the night before that it would be no problem to organise a taxi in the morning suitable for our bikes we almost ended up missing our connection to Paris due to the incompetence of the staff!
Add to that waiters trying to rip you off for a beer, old rooms, poor air conditioning and a general lack of care and customer service - It was like being in a modern Faulty Towers episode! I have been to 58 countries, 100's of Hotels, B&B''s and Backpackers and this dump is on the bottom of my list!
STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: stay away simple as that
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I travelled this year - May 2012 and stayed at Anish Hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is located atop a steep hill - if you dont have a car and are dependent on the public transit , be prepared to lug your baggage uphill. Not a pleasant experience, I say. The hotel itself is not too bad. The room was a good size for 2 adults. Clean and well maintained. The restaurant downstairs wasnt too bad either - and it has be. The area around the hotel shuts down very early. The last bus from the city center is at 9:00 pm! So you dont have much choice. For Wifi, you have to pay an additional 5 euros (valid till the end of your stay) and 2 euros per night as Nice city tax.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I ran into some mechancal trouble with my rental car and it had to be towed. Christophe at the front desk was exceedingly kind and most helpful. Instead of loosing a whole day with aggravation, Christope got us through this awful situation and we were off and on our way in three hours with a new rental. I really want to commend him for going above and beyond to help me out.

The Anis Hotel was lovely and and room was nice. The only drawback I encounted was that I felt it was difficult to find this hotel for a visitor to nice without GPS. May I suggest a very detailed map and driving instructions for future visitors?

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Freehold, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

The room had a foul musty odor and the air conditioning did not work - consequently the room was humid and musty. The room was in total disrepair - receptionist barely acknowledged us. Over priced. We paid 115 Euors a night (stayed two nights). Initially, we had mistakenly booked the room on the wrong date and acknowledged our mistake and paid the one night penalty. We wished they would have done the same and acknowledged the horrible condition of their hotel and affect some repairs. Half the bulbs in the ceiling of the lobby was out. They showed us to the REAR elevator to get to the room and the area was in total darkness, my cell phone emitted more light. I was afraid for my wife's safety to come back up to the room after accessing the WiFi Internet at the lobby that I came back down to escort her upstairs. That's the other thing, the WiFi is a joke from the room. They gave us two bath towels that looked like its been through the wash too many times - not suitable to even use to clean the floor with. Stay away and stay at one of the hotels by the airport (5 minutes away) and you will be better of.

Room Tip: Check out one of the hotels at the airport.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple