“disapointed”

Ranked #23 of 205 Hotels in Nice
phuket
“disapointed”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

first you have to walk around to find the hotel door . The door on main street close. Rooms refreshed but paint already gone. Noisy . Terrace dirty. I would like to know what some people cal good breakfast cause this one was frugal. No choice no more pastry croissant . No bacon,no omelet,eggs,ham .....sad. You have too order coffee or tea. Total disappointment increased while you have to pay 21 euros for grimaldi parking lot for a couple of hours !!!! Costly VINCI parking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Coeurdecity, Directeur général at Hotel Le Grimaldi by HappyCulture, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear guest,

I am really sorry for your recent experience with us. As you can see, it is not a recurrent souvenir of our hotel and I apologize for your inconveniences during your stay.
I expect that we will have another chance for a better stay at Le Grimaldi.
I am at your disposal for a further stay.

Directeur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
london
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We had no issues here, staff friendly and helpful, the little bar is nice for a pre or post evening drink. The room was large and whilst breakfast was a but mad, the bread was fresh and nice coffee. Ideal. For a. Long weekend.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sonic434343
Dear guest,

The staff and myself thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.
It is really important have your opinion about your stay in our hotel.
We hope a further stay in Nice with us at Le Grimaldi.

Manager
Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed for six nights in Le Grimaldi. I seldom give a very bad review to a hotel (I have reviewed 23) because I am aware that my experience might be a one-off or that I am not objective. Giving a bad review on TA can lead to a loss of business and jeopardise the jobs of the employees.In the case of Le Grimaldi, the management has been so neglectful that the onus rests on their shoulders to bring the hotel up to standard. The good point is the location. Turn left and within 5 minutes you are on Ave Jean Medecin the main shopping street and the main artery of Nice. Turn right from the hotel and with 10 minutes you are in the centre of the Promenade des Anglais. That where the good report ends. I chose Le Grimaldi as I thought it might be a traditional French hotel (not one of the international chains) and the outside is attractive Nicoise architecture. Inside is chaos. The staff are doing their best but with no support from the management. The breakfast is just as bad as previous posters suggested. You have to be in the 'diningroom' before 9am otherwise there is no food left and all the tables will have the used ware and cutlery left on them. The one staff member has to do everything although while he might serve the coffee he doesn't have to make it -it must be made hours because it is freezing. The poster who mentioned the broken safe will be interested to know that it is still not fixed. Surely in a city like Nice you can pick up the phone to the safe company a get it fixed within 24 hours. Three times my key card was faulty and had to be replaced. There are many other problems and when added together make for a frustrating experience and while the manager is responding to some posters inviting them back to have a better experience, he could spare us the PR and just correct the problems.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Carrigaholt
Dear guest,

Thank you for the time spent to share your experience at Le Grimaldi.
I am so sorry for your little satisfaction and I hope we will have another chance to give you a better experience if you return to Nice.
Best Greetings,

England
Reviewed October 23, 2013

As with all things "Trip Advisor'd" these days we were a little nervous about booking this hotel but I'm glad to say that we were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed our experience. My view would be that you have to get things into perspective and take into account cost and location when setting your expectations. This hotel is in the middle of a large city and is in a building that is hundreds of years old so yes there will be the odd stain on the ceiling or flaky plaster but overall the room and hotel were clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the location is excellent for being able to walk to the promenade and old town. The room (no 43) was on the small side but with nice views over the church at the back. We loved the old fashioned lift to get to the fourth floor. My only advice would be that the breakfast area is quite cramped which didn't matter to us as the hotel was not very busy but when it is busy I can imagine this being something of a challenge. Overall we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a convenient city centre hotel at a reasonable cost. We would also highly recommend organising an escorted trip along the coast through Villefranche to Monaco as this was the highlight of our trip.

Room Tip: Have only stayed here once so not sure but room 43 was good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Snaith
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time past sharing your souvenir of your recent stay at Le Grimaldi. All the hotel staff thank you very much and we are very happy reading your pleasure to stay with us.
We hope welcoming you another time in our hotel, don't hesistate to contact me directly for a further good experience in Nice with us.
Best regards,

Geneva
Reviewed October 21, 2013

No welcome drink as advertised. The tea time buffet does not exist. We were told we have a kettle and teabags in our room. When I said we saw that they offered a teatime buffet, we were told "is that the only reason you booked". Soo rude. The staff are not professional. The rooms are filthy with black stains on the carpets and a thick layer of dust on the bed headboard. Our booking is non refundable otherwise we would have moved. Stay at your peril. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Traveller786
Dear Guest,

I am really sorry for your recent experience. As you can see, it is not a recurrent souvenir of our hotel and I apologize for your inconveniences during your stay.
I expect that we will have another chance for a better stay at Le Grimaldi.
I am at your disposal for a further stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I really wanted to like this hotel. Our welcome was friendly ( reception staff were helpful throughout the stay) and the hotel is well located, close to all the sights and in a quiet street. I'd booked a superior room. The room itself was fine- huge bathroom and reasonably sized bedroom with settee and efficient aircon. However, the welcome drink and daily afternoon treat promised on the website as part of the package never materialised.
The breakfast room, as others have mentioned, isn't big enough for the hotel size and cleaning empty tables was sporadic. One day different staff were on and chaos reigned supreme.

So all in all ok but had expected better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank FSMorecambe
Dear Guest,

I'm so happy to read your satisfaction here. Thank you having shared your review of your recent stay at Le Grimaldi Hotel Nice Centre on the international website TripAdvisor. We are pleased welcoming our guest in our Boutique Hotel typically Provençal and refurbishing is previous but in respect of our style.
I'm looking forward welcoming you soon. Thanks a lot for your comment.

Manager
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

whoever rated this as 4 Star had either a keen sense of humour or was on medication at the time
With it's filthy carpets,dubiously stained bedroom walls and plaster peeling away they have made a big effort to put the shabby into "shabby chic".Some scruffy old guy on the desk will greet you with all the charm of a soggy baguette.All the staff deal with your complaints by muttering at you in a language i have never heard of,waving their arms at a speed that would rival a wind turbine
Following a short pause they will shrug their shoulders up an down in a way only the French can. The dining room is so small to ensure a seat you will need to be in there by 6am.You can always wait on the moth eaten settee by the lift where amusement is provided by staff banging hell out of the often broken lift with a mallet.In any case if you weigh over 70kg you wont fit in it.Should you be on an upper floor make sure you are fit enough for the steep climb into the Twilight Zone
Should you be researching a comedy thriller or have strong masochistic tenden ies then this place is for you.Parole for me came after a week.The penal cplony on Devil's Island would have been far more inviting.Any real problems at this place and you will be French Toast!!!!!Enjoy

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank capriheaven
Dear Guest,

I am really sorry reading your unsatisfaction about your recent stay at Le Grimaldi. We work for the pleasure of our guests when they are staying with us and I apologise for your experience.
I hope welcoming you a second time at Le Grimaldi for a better souvenir. Don't hesistate contact me for a further venue in Nice.