We stayed here for three nights. We had booked a triple room, comprising of a double and single bed. We arrived and they gave us a room with 3 single beds. The french staff were stereotypically rude and unhelpful... the type of staff you sometime encounter in Frrance that have a problem/grudge against the "anglo-saxon" world i.e. english speakers. Anyhow we took the room. What a mistake. The room number was 202. On the second flood and on the street side (not the garden side). The interior of the room was fine. No complaints there. Unfortunately this room has single glazing and every street sound can be heard. And believe me the location of this room meant there were a lot of street sounds. Every 5 minutes you could clearly hear the tram bell ringing as it passed through the lights on the intersection on which the hotel is located. There is a busy motorbike parking lockup directly opposite. But worst of all was the fact the room was located directly above the loading bay of the hotel. The bins were collected every night between 12.30am and 3.30am!! So don't plan on being asleep then. Oh yeah and the next thing that woke you up (if you were lucky enough to get asleep) was the linen delivery/collection at about 5.30/6.00am. After the 2nd night we had to have a showdown with the staff to get them to change our room. They seemed well rehearsed in their attempts to deny us a room change, but capitulated eventually after much heated debate... we were put in a garden suite. Which had double glazing (this would have made more sense on the noisy side surely??) I would never go back. The location is mediocre and the staff rude and unhelpful and I have stayed in better, cheaper, hotels in the Nice area. Never again. Breakfast was good though. Never again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame is a recently refurbished 4 star hotel located opposite Notre Dame church, close to the Promenade des Anglais and the old city. On the tram line, the hotel is 300 m from the station and 7 km from the airport. The hoteloffers 200 rooms with 2,000 sqm of inner gardens. Enjoy our solarium, beauty centre, swimming pool and rooftop bar with panoramic views over the city. Public undercover pay car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame Hotel Nice
- Accor Nice Centre Notre Dame