This is a nice hotel with a couple of major problems. Problems first:
1. The mattresses are basically slabs of Granite. I woke up the first morning and my back was in major pain. About as bad as camping with no pad. They offered to place a duvet on the mattress and that improved it from awful to poor. But they won't add a second duvet so you're left with a poor nights sleep.
2. The drop off is stop in the street, unload the car very fast, then go park it (which takes about 5 minutes). They don't have a bell hop or a valet. Either one would have made a big difference. Because they had neither my wife and 1 daughter had to wait in the lobby while my other daughter and I parked the car and climbed up 5 flights of stairs (the parking garage is very deep). Then we could all carry all of our luggage up to the rooms. Arriving by car is a chore.
3. If you are using your car while staying here (we did not), it's a long walk down to get the car and bring it up. It's a long walk upstairs at the end of the day when you come back with the car. Not fun.
Otherwise this is a great hotel. The people here are very nice. The rooms are spacious, nicely furnished, and clean. One warning, the hallways smell heavily of disinfectant (like a nursing home). But the rooms are fine. The view is really good.
The location is perfect. Stuff is spread out here but most everything is in walking distance from the hotel And the staff here has given us really good suggestions for restaurants.
If you're an avid camper who loves sleeping on the hard ground and finds a brisk run up 5 levels of stairs the perfect way to end a long day - this place is for you. 5 stars.
Me, never again. I like sleeping in a comfortable bed. Especially for what I'm paying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the sea, at n°1 on the Promenade des Anglais,the hotel is located above the famous Ruhl Casino. In thevery heart of the city, you will enjoy Massena pedestriandistrict as well as the typical Old Nice. As far as practicalmatters are concerned, a car park with direct access islocated below the hotel (fee-paying service). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Nice Promenade Des Anglais Hotel Nice
- Mercure Nice Promenade Hotel Des Anglais
- Accor Nice Promenade Des Anglais
- Mercure Hotel Nice