My other half and I stayed here for four nights in September. We paid extra for a superior room with a sea view. Paying the extra was definitley worth it as the view from the balcony was stunning. You can see from the airport to the west to the old port to the east. There is a perfect view of the sea and the horizon from the bed. The room was very clean on arrival and was cleaned every day of our stay. The bathroom is open plan with the room which is a little odd but looks quite cool and there is a good shower. The air con is also very good so there are no problems sleeping in the heat.
The hotel is perfectly located on the Promenade with a short walk to numerous cafes, bars and the old town. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel. I'm sure its fine but when there are so many cafes nearby it seemed a shame not to use them! The hotel also has a deal with the private beach opposite and if you ask at reception you can get a discount voucher. The private beach is worth at least one visit as you get a comfortable lounger all day and waiter service for drinks and snacks. There is another private beach, Beau Rivage, a little way down the Promenade to the east. We went hear on our last night for dinner and it was absolutely lovely, great food and the sea lapping at the shore next to you. I would thoroughly recommend a visit here for any couples staying in Nice.
Overall the rooms are expensive, but it's in Nice and everything is expensive. For the same price we paid here for a night you could stay in a luxury hotel elsewhere but as long as you appreciate that before you arrive you should enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the sea, at n°1 on the Promenade des Anglais,the hotel is located above the famous Ruhl Casino. In thevery heart of the city, you will enjoy Massena pedestriandistrict as well as the typical Old Nice. As far as practicalmatters are concerned, a car park with direct access islocated below the hotel (fee-paying service). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Nice Promenade Des Anglais Hotel Nice
- Mercure Nice Promenade Hotel Des Anglais
- Accor Nice Promenade Des Anglais
- Mercure Hotel Nice