“Great hotel, would stay again!”
Review of NH Nice

NH Nice
Ranked #29 of 203 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in July with my mother. We found this hotel ideal for our short stay. On check in we were upgraded to a junior suite as I had requested twin beds and this request was not put through from lastminute.com, the guy checking us in was super efficient and helpful. Could not fault this hotel. Tram is ideal for a quick ride into the old town and promenade area. Ignore the reviews that said the area is dodgy...its not and we both felt perfectly safe while walking to and from the hotel, even when on our own. There's a large Carrefour supermarket nearby, really handy. Pool area is great, it was the reason I booked this hotel. It did get busy at times but its peak season so thats to be expected. Pool bar area is fab and recently revamped!
Very clean, modern hotel, friendly staff. No free wifi in rooms but this issue is not specific to the NH it seems to be common among French hotels.
Overall would DEFINITELY stay here again. Loved it.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Comeragh1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Although not central this hotel offers quality accomodation together with all the facilities you would expect from an NH hotel. There is a the tram stop a few yards from the hotel so you are never more than a few minutes from the centre of Nice. The breakfasts are good with plenty to choose from. Very good double glazing in the bedrooms ensures a good nights sleep. We are regular visiters to Nice and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hoteles
4  Thank steveBuckingham
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night - rooms are nice and modern - I was looking over a nice Square with lovely views of the mountains in the background - while the road was busy below I never experienced any traffic noise. Comfortable bed,spacious bathroom,good AC, and wooden floors made this a comfortable experience.All the employees that I encountered were freindly and helpful.

They offer comp WiFi in the lobby for half an hour and you have to pay a fee thereafter. I did not use any Restaurant or the pool so I cant comment.

Transport Tip :I stayed one night in this hotel - it might be helpful for travellers arriving into Nice Airport who are happy to avail of public Transport that with just one change to the tram arriving at Parc des expositions you arrive directly opposite the Hotel and that the ticket they sell you on the bus then offers you unlimited transport bus and tram for the remainder of the day .

The Hotel is also just a short walk to SNCF Rail station Nice Riquier with connections to the entire Cote D' Azur

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 747/400
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Wow! I cant actually believe some of the negative comments re this hotel! I have just returned from a 4 night trip to Nice and I must say I found the whole trip very enjoyable. The hotel was spot on and from reading the reviews on here prior to leaving was more than what I was expecting as some of the bad reviews was playing on my mind.

The hotel is well situated within the area. It is only 4 stops on the tram to the promenade and where all the shops, bars and resturants are. Yes at times it was busy but why wouldnt it be its a small town with people going to work and other tourists etc plus the tram stops are literally a few minutes apart. You can actually walk as it is really not that far. Someone on here has said it was a sketchy area???? Well I am a young female and did actually walk it from the promenade to the hotel after dark so each to there own. The streets were full of other tourists and the local people right up untill very late so its always busy, I did not at any point feel unsafe.

The rooms in the hotel were perfect they were very clean and had lots of space. The breakfast was perfect. The choices available included your bacon, sausages, scambled eggs, beans etc then you had the continental choice of danishes, cold meats etc, fruit, plenty of different breads and cereals. Something to please everyone I thought.

The pool on the rooftoop was very nice the view was amazing. (The pool did look slightly bigger from the pictures) but it was fine. The door to get into the pool area was annoying at first as it was quite fiddly to open but after a while you got the hang of it. The eating and seating area was excellent very modern and comfortable. As in any poolside hotel etc it is best to go grab a sun lounger as soon as you can as they did tend to get snapped up quick. It would of been good to have more sunloungers but I am guessing due to the size of the pool area this would not of been attainable.

Dinner within the hotel was nice the prices compared to the resturants outside of the hotel did not differ that much. I also had lunch there on 2 occasions and had no complaints with the food. I did feel that the overal prices to eat out in Nice were quite expensive compared to over here in England.

Trips can be booked via the hotel not sure if they work out cheaper if booked back in the UK.

The hotel staff that I came into contact with were very friendly and were always happy to help. Overall I had a nice stay considering I only paid just slightly over £150.00 for the 4 nights was quite impressed. I definately would return to the NH hotel in Nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank prinny1
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed for four nights in Junior suite. The room was spacious and clean, and there was also enough of closets and hangers. But the view was not good, it was to the opposite congress center. In a way it was nice to have the toilet apart from the bathroom, but there was no wastebasket nor possibility to wash hands. Also there were other inconveniences: one day we left our smaller towels on the floor to be changed. They had been taken away, but there were no clean towels to replace them. And when I had a beer from the minibar, it took them two days to refill the minibar.

The breakfast was good, specially the fresh fruit salad. There is a yard included in the breakfast room, but there are a lot of crows and other big birds attacking the tables.

The reception staff was friendly, but not all the way reliable. When we asked about the sightseeing cruises (several of them going every day in Nice) , they didnt't have much advice nor any brochures to give us. And when we preordered a taxi for five + luggage a night before our departure, the staff said it would be no problem, they'll take care of it. But in the morning no one in the reception knew about it.

The pool at the roof was ok and there was a beautiful view from the roof terace. But they were building a new poolbar, and the old one was closed. Still there was a sign saying it is prohibited eating or drinking anything from outside. Also when I went to the pool three hours before its closing time, there was no pooltowels left, only a pile of used ones.

In many hotels of this class the wifi is free all over the hotel. Here it was free only in the lobby, but in the rooms you had to pay about 9 euros per day for it. And I coudn't believe my eyes, when I realized that there was a charge of using the business corner - and what a price: 10 euros for half an hour!

The location of the hotel is good because of the tram. It takes you nicely to the old town, Jean Medecin -street and also to the railway station. Trams go every few minutes, the trip costs only one euro and the tickets can be bought at the tramstop.

There is a big shopping mall nearby, which was also nice.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sari L
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here with my friend for 2 nights in June.

Our room was very spacious and the bathroom and bedroom were all very clean.

We used the pool on the roof a few times and this was very pleasant, the sunbeds were a little uncomfortable but this didn't bother us at all.

We used the tram (stop is just outside the hotel!) and this was excellent. During the day it runs a very regular service every 6-8 mins and only takes a couple of mins to reach the old town and the promenade.

Both evenings we ate out in the old town and we just missed a tram and the next was going to be 15 mins so on both evenings we chose to walk back to the hotel. This only took about 10-15 mins and was not a problem.
We are 2 young females and felt completely safe doing this so i'm not sure why other reviews talk about it being a sketchy area.
The hotel is slightly out of the main area but all the booking websites do tell you this and with that tram right outside its not a problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Fiona C
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have just returned from our stay at the NH Hotel in Nice.
I am surprised at some of the negative reviews as our stay was very good.
We found all the staff helpful and friendly the room was a good size a very comfortable large bed, good shower/bath.
The food was good, plenty of choice for breakfast and we had dinner twice which was also very nice.
The tram service is very convenient (sometimes busy) but it's only a 10min stroll to the old town. We didn't have any safety issues in the area.
Good location for the pool, the adjacent area is having some work done which will make it a nice relaxing place to have a drink when finished.
Only negative was the pool area and sunbeds are getting ready to be updated.
Overall a lovely stay.